Holiday favorites and recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CandaePrincess
    I would have to use hominy. I love hominy and pork anyways. (sometimes I use pork roast, sometimes pork stew meat.) Great either way.

Anyone ever have taco soup??? If not it's really freakin easy and fast.

1lb of hamburger meat (more if you like hamburger! *L*)

2 cans of pinto beans

2 cans of hominy

2 cans of tomatoes (I prefer diced)

1 package of taco seasoning

1 package of ranch seasoning

2 cups water

(brown hamburger and drain fat)combine everything and cook for 1 to two hours in crock pot or stock kettle

You can serve with corn chips. Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.

really easy.....and really goot!
    Got Dang that sound hard to make! aye....

Ok here TacOs Extreme Kool-Aid recipe!

1 cup of Suger

1 packet of fav Kool-Aid(I like grape)

put in picture.....

Then get some really hot water and pour in about a quarter of the way

Stirw the contents till the Kool-Aid and sugar are completly desovled......

Then add Ice lots and lots of Ice.... fill the rest of the way with water... mix and Enjoy!!!

Thas the only way ms cane drinks her Kool-Aid! can't you tell by her kool-aid smile!

I like to play with my joy stick!
    Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TacO5000
      Extreme

add Ice lots and lots of Ice....

Thas the only way I enjoy ms cane......

I like to play with my joy stick!
      gahhhhh

they say men only think of one thing....but that's not true. They think of food alot too.

*L* Durty durty.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

holy smack,...

these recipes sound good!!! i just need to go get my ink thingees for my

printer next thursday (payday) so i can print these recipes off then passed
        them off as my own.

'this tastes great' 'i just was throwing things together and fluked it off'

it's been a long time, shouldn't have left u.

Comment

fry bread......................mmmmmmmmmmm....

I get recipes from allrecipes dot com................. i registered there this morning, and they akshelly have some native american recipes! i made some "home-made" dry meat in the oven yesterday! cut wild meat REALLY thin, throw in oven, throw on some BBQ sauce, oila, dry meat! kinda..........

Navajo Fry Bread II
          Submitted by: Saundra
          "As far as I know the is the original recipe for Navajo Bread. It's is great with honey and butter. The Navajo's put chiles, cheese, onion, lettuce and beans on it, and call them Nava Tacos." Original recipe yield: 18 rounds.
          INGREDIENTS:
          2 cups oil for frying
          4 cups all-purpose flour
          3 tablespoons baking powder
          2 tablespoons salt
          2 1/2 cups warm milk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
          In a large heavy bottomed frying pan, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil or lard to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
          In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and milk; mix well. When the dough has pulled together, form it into small balls and pat them flat.
          Place 3 or 4 at a time into the hot oil. When the rounds begin to bubble, flip them over and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Green Chili and Cheese Chicken!

Another recipe from all recipes dot com! not really "chritmas-y, but i have to try it!

This is a super-easy weeknight recipe with Mexican flair. Server with Spanish rice, refried beans, and warm tortillas!Original recipe yield: 4 servings.

INGREDIENTS:
            4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
            1 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
            1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
            1 tablespoon dry fajita seasoning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
            Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9 inch square baking dish (or similar size) with cooking spray.
            Make a deep cut into the side of each chicken breast half to form a pocket or 'purse'. Stuff 1/4 cup of cheese and about 1 tablespoon of the chilies onto each one. Close, and secure with a toothpick so that the cheese does not escape while in the oven. Place the stuffed chicken into the baking dish. Season with Fajita seasoning, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilies over the top.
            Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the chicken juices run clear, and cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Comment

Green Chili and Chicken........

Paul, or, moderator, how do i delete a double post? my computer "thought" the first one didn't got through......

not too christamas-y, but I gotta try it.........

"This is a super-easy weeknight recipe with Mexican flair. Server with Spanish rice, refried beans, and warm tortillas!" Original recipe yield: 4 servings.

INGREDIENTS:
              4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
              1 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
              1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
              1 tablespoon dry fajita seasoning

DIRECTIONS:
              Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9 inch square baking dish (or similar size) with cooking spray.
              Make a deep cut into the side of each chicken breast half to form a pocket or 'purse'. Stuff 1/4 cup of cheese and about 1 tablespoon of the chilies onto each one. Close, and secure with a toothpick so that the cheese does not escape while in the oven. Place the stuffed chicken into the baking dish. Season with Fajita seasoning, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilies over the top.
              Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the chicken juices run clear, and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
              Last edited by beading_4_ndnz; 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM. Reason: double post!

Comment

Thought I'd share
                my favorite Christmas cookie recipe.....enjoy.
                Favorite Christmas Cookies

1 cup of water
                2 tsp baking soda
                1 cup of sugar
                1 tsp salt
                1 cup of brown sugar
                Lemon juice
                4 large eggs
                1 cup nuts
                2 cups of dried fruit
                1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check for quality.
                Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the
                highest quality, pour 1 Level cup and drink
                Turn on the electric mixer*Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
                Add one teaspoon of sugar*Beat again.
                At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try
                another cup* just in case.
                Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and
                chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
                Pick the friggin fruit off the floor* Mix on the turner.
                If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose
                with a drewscriver.
                Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.
                Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet

Check the Jose Cuervo.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
                Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink. Whatever you can find.
                Greash the oven.
                Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
                Don't forget to beat off the truner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose
                Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS ! ! !
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's a Native recipe from Baja Mexico. The original recipe calls for tequila, but we don't use alcohol, soooo...I didn't use any.

2-3 lbs fresh or frozen fish. Salmon, tilapia, snapper, whiting, ocean perch...any ocean fish, fileted and cubed.

1 1/2 cup lime juice

1 1/2 cup green salsa

1/2 cup coarse salt

2-3 ripe avocados, cubed

1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped

mix lime juice, salsa, and salt. stir in fresh or frozen uncooked fish. marinate in fridge 1-2 hrs(longer doesn't hurt it). before serving, mix in avocado. place fresh, washed green lettuce leaf on plate and spoon fish salsa mixture over it. sprinkle a bit of the chopped cilantro over the salsa mix. serve with roasted corn, beans and rice, fresh soft tortillas, chopped tomatoes with green chiles...whetever pleases your palate.

This dish is lo-cal/heart smart and totally good for diabetics. It is a bit spicy, tho, and more of a light meal rather than a rib-sticker.

Try it and let me know whatcha think.

Comment

Does anybody have a good recipie for corn soup? I've tried to find one and am lost. My mom had a killer recipie, but she lost it and claims she has CRS, lol.

Comment

• there is one too many!

Comment

• soups

I'm still trying to learn how to make cabbage soup!

Comment

• Wow a whole section on food!
                          Did find one thing on the internet, a natural sugar subsitiute. It's called Whey low and its made from sugar, lactose and fructose. Reduces your sugar intake and you can't tell it's not sugar. They also have a diabetic version without real sugar. I made a carrot cake, including the cream cheese icing with it. No one knew.

www.wheylow.com

Comment

• oh yeah. And Splenda (which was my favorite till I found this out) has clorine in it. Thats what they use to bind the sugar molecule. So you're eating clorox, and research is showing effect on your immune system.
                            ick

Comment

• Originally posted by seaotter
                              oh yeah. And Splenda (which was my favorite till I found this out) has clorine in it. Thats what they use to bind the sugar molecule. So you're eating clorox, and research is showing effect on your immune system.
                              ick
                              splenda will give you the runs

Comment

• I like grilled cheese sandwiches and angels food cake with strawberries and whipped cream...and a coke...anytime...holiday or not.
                                sigpic
                                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X