Offensive Ad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Ad?

Holy mixed messages, Batman. A U of Tulsa ad for the Indian Law program and an "Indian" headdress shop ad.

Novum Crafts hawking headdresses made by "indigenous" Balinese. With an entire blog devoted to debunking cultural appropriation arguments, encouraging people to wear headdresses, and reminding us we have no right to be offended. Warning, the links below go to the business in question.

Blog post 1

Blog post 2

I understand that AdChoices uses my browsing history and cookies (no idea how my browsing history suggest I might want a chicken feather headdresses, btw), but does powwows.com have any input on the types of ads that appear on it's website?
    Last edited by OLChemist; 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM.

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Holy mixed messages, Batman. A U of Tulsa add fro the Indian Law program and an "Indian" headdress shop ad.

Novum Crafts hawking headdresses made by "indigenous" Balinese. With an entire blog devoted to debunking cultural appropriation arguments and encouraging people to wear headdresses, and reminding us we have no right to be offended. Warning, the links below go to the business in question.

Blog post 1

Blog post 2

I understand that AdChoices uses my browsing history and cookies (no idea how my browsing history suggest I might want a chicken feather headdresses, btw), but does powwows.com have any input on the types of ads that appear on it's website?
    Those ads are filled by Google Adsense. I don't know ahead of time who is advertising. I can block companies when I see offensive ads.

Thanks for letting me know!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.