2011 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Submissions are now open for nominations in the 2011 PowWows.com Princess.

The role of the PowWows.com Princess is to represent the site at Pow Wows. In addition, the Princess is expected to be an online ambassador for the website by participating in the forums, welcoming new members to the site, taking part in discussions, etc. The Princess will also be expected to post reports from her travels representing PowWows.com via an online blog.

Requirements
    -Unmarried
    -Active member of PowWows.com
    -Registered on PowWows.com before 10/2010

If you would like to compete for the title, please post your nominations on this thread.

The new Princess will receive a crown and sash.

PowWows.com will pay for flights and hotel reservations for travel during her reign up to $400.

Submissions will be accepted until December 31, 2010. On January 1, 2011 a poll will start with all the candidates. This poll will end January 15, 2011. The top 5 will advance to the final round starting January 15 and ending January 31, 2011.

During the voting, the member of PowWows.com will be able to ask each contestant questions.

The new Princess will be crowned on February 1, 2011.

If you would like to be considered, please post on this thread the following information.

Name, age, Tribal Affiliation, Photo, and why you would want to be the PowWows.com Princess. Nominations can only be submitted by the individual.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Paul G; 11-30-2010, 10:55 PM.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Originally posted by Paul G View Post

The role of the PowWows.com Princess is to represent the site at Pow Wows. In addition, the Princess is expected to be an online ambassador for the website by participating in the forums, welcoming new members to the site, taking part in discussions, etc. The Princess will also be expected to post reports from her travels representing PowWows.com via an online blog.

Requirements
    -Unmarried

If you would like to compete for the title, please post your nominations on this thread.

PowWows.com will pay for flights and hotel reservations for travel during her reign up to $400.

Submissions will be accepted until December 31, 2010. On January 1, 2011 a poll will start with all the candidates. This poll will end January 15, 2011. The top 5 will advance to the final round starting January 15 and ending January 31, 2011.

During the voting, the member of PowWows.com will be able to ask each contestant questions.

Good luck!
    well all that i highlighted went out the window this past year, let's see if it sticks this time around...

Comment

How about you, Grits? Would you consider running for PowWows.com Princess?

Comment

Is there a form to sign up for the contest yet, Paul? :)
        sigpic
        I no listen any moar,
        you iz lion to me.
        :[

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post

Requirements
          -Unmarried

Good luck!

To nominated yourself, just post here.
          New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

My Nomination for 2011 Powwows.com Princess

Hello everyone :-) My name is Sarah Gail Barnes and I am 22 years old.

My tribal affliations are: Choctaw, Cherokee, and others. Not enrolled.

The reason I would love to become your next Powwows.com Princess is to be a positive representative to this website, the people on the forums, and the information it gives.
            I have been a member now to this website for a little over a year, and it has been a good influence on me. I have learned a lot of things just by reading the forums, things that sometimes I am told else where by the ones that call their selves shamans, and elders, but yet claim they learned their knowledge from a Western movie. I know that I will continue to learn more as time passes and I stay in contact with all of you. I have also "met"(online) a lot of good people here, and I hope to meet many more.
            The information this website gives is very helpful in all aspects, regardless if it's looking for Scholarship information, Dance Styles, or even someone to help you learn to bead Powwows.com has got it.
            I am sure I can get the message out about this website to those who normally don't know there is such a thing out there. I have already told about Powwows.com to several college friends who were doing research papers, and people that are just interested in the Native American Powwows.
            I am as involved with the Native American community as I can be living in TN. My mom and I have been very blessed to get to travel to several states for me to participate in powwow dancing; I have met so many good people along the way. I hope to get to travel a lot more in the year to come! I have also had the chance to participate in Choctaw Social Dancing and will say I love it as well, and wish there was more of it I could be involved in :-) The dress you see in the avatar picture was made for me by an elder of the local Choctaw community and she was the one who told me to dance and never stop, well that's the plan, even when I hit Golden Age in about 90 years (lol) Although I could say a lot more I think that sums me up pretty well. I would like to also say that I am proud of the lifestyle path I have chosen which is pure sobriety, I have seen so many impacted by not being on this path in a negative way that I chose to not go that road during my teenage years because I want to live a long and healthy life.
            Lastly when you all are able to ask questions, ask away! I will always be honest about my answers and welcome your questions; after all I will be representing you- Powwows.com :-) I would also like to say that I WILL stay in touch, post travels, and try to be as active as I can on these forums if I get elected to serve you.
            On an educational level I have been at Dyersburg State Community College getting all of my "basics" finished for any degree when I decided to go for my A.A.S. in Early Childhood Education,I had thought that I would be transfering to UT Martin before finishing it but decided I best finish what I started since I do love the Early Childhood classrooms and finish this degree- I should be completed by Fall of 11' and get to walk with the class of 2012! After that I plan to go to U.T. Martin where I hope to earn my B.S. or B.A. in ?- I have interests in everything from Fitness and Nutrition, to Social Work, to History, to Foriegn Business, all the way back around to sticking in the Education field, I just love learning and hope to continue my college education for a long time- even if it's one class per semester. From the B.S. or B.A. degree I then hope to continue my education at least to a M.S. or M.A. degree and hopefully one day get the Dr. put in front of my name :-) I feel there is not much more valuable than a good education and that is the main reason I want to keep going to college.
            Thank you for reading! I hope you vote on me.
            Have a good day/night. See you guys on some of the other forums.
            Last edited by sbarnes88; 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: Updated :-) Seen something I needed to correct.
            I don't doubt anything, but I question everything
            All I know is what I do not know and will never know all of what I do not know.

2012 Powwows.com Princess :D

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
              How about you, Grits? Would you consider running for PowWows.com Princess?
              no

and i wasn't throwing my hat in the ring with my previous post....was just saying

Comment

I nominate Grits & Beans, she is an active member and above all friendly to everyone...
                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                  I nominate Grits & Beans, she is an active member and above all friendly to everyone...
                  what part of no do you not understand?

please, no more nominations, i am not entering the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                    what part of no do you not understand?

please, no more nominations, i am not entering the contest.
                    you know we cant win if Jd enters him being so puurrty and all eeeeeeeeeeeee
                    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                      you know we cant win if Jd enters him being so puurrty and all eeeeeeeeeeeee
                      look what i found here:

Originally posted by stillrezin View Post
                      besides i am going to be pws.com princess some day.
                      Originally posted by stillrezin View Post
                      i will be your pws.com princess and plan on attending every 49 and will make the next days grand entry.

well there you have it folks!

Comment

Wow

What only one entry for the title of powwows.com princess 2011??!! It seemed like this time last year there was about ten who had entered!! I remember that because I made it to the finals!! Where's all the amazing young women who could try out for the contest?!

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay
                          I've meaning to tell you all.....something.....about....my weekends...
                          wow!well at least you have on colors that match everything :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zintkala Towa Win View Post
                            What only one entry for the title of powwows.com princess 2011??!! It seemed like this time last year there was about ten who had entered!! I remember that because I made it to the finals!! Where's all the amazing young women who could try out for the contest?!
                            Why don't you run again this year?
                            CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                            sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                              Why don't you run again this year?
                              Yeah I was thinking that too. Granted I would be very honored regardless of who runs to be Powwows.com Princess(if I get chosen and hope I do ) but Zintkala seems like another wonderful person, so why don't ya run too? Just so many awesome young ladies I can think of that could be running, I'm shocked I was the only one entered by now, I remember last year it was a LONG list! Regardless I hope the best person wins- and one who can and will keep in touch.....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.