Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 PowWows.com Princess Contest

Application are open to be the 2012 PowWows.com Princess

Applications will be accepted until January 31. A poll will then be open for the member's of PowWows.com vote. The members will also be able to question the contestants.

The contest is open to all unmarried female members of PowWows.com that registered for the site prior to 2011.

The PowWows.com Princess is expected to be an ambassador for the site online and offline. The winner will also be expected to blog regularly about her travels, Pow Wow news, photos and more.

The Princess will be given a $400 honorarium to cover expenses. The honorarium will be paid at the end of the reign if all expectations are met.

The Princess will be given a sash. She will also wear the PowWows.com crown during her reign.

If you are interested in applying, please post the following information below.

1. Name
    2. Tribe
    3. Occupation
    4. Age
    5. 3 Photos
    6. Why do you want to be the PowWows.com Princess?
    7. The Princess will be expected to post Pow Wow reports regularly. Please submit a brief report of the last Pow Wow you attended. Feel free to include photos.

Thanks and good luck!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Looking Forward to the Contest This Year

I am looking forward to seeing all the proud young indigenous women who will be running for the Powwows.com Princess for 2012-2013!! I wish them all the best of luck!!

Comment

Everyone please spread the word!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Asking for your support in 2012 :-)

Hello my name is Sarah Barnes, I know several of you know me from online and others are probably thinking WHO is she? Well I was honored by being asked to represent you all in 2011 as the first ever Powwows.com Ambassador, so I took the opportunity and I will have to say it made my year of 2011 AWESOME!! I want to think you all for the support and continued support you gave me! It was amazing! I also loved traveling and promoted Powwows.com to the best of my ability throughout 2011, I met so many people along the way, even my college for the most part knows about Powwows.com now :-) Oh and even some members of JobCorps up in KY :D .

Now for the information :
        Name: Sarah Gail Barnes
        Tribe: Cherokee, Choctaw and others-not enrolled
        Occupation: College student majoring in Social Work/Social Welfare at Dyersburg State Community College, also taking a course in Electronic Health Records, and Legal Assisting- I have several training hours in Early Childhood Education, but decided I wanted to go more into helping the world around me and not just one specific age group. I am also a DNA collector for paternity cases, I get called in to collect DNA at the local jails and prisons :-), then I am a substitute teacher at Building Blocks Learning Center here in Ripley, and also a tutor during the school year in the evenings- I stay busy but I know what I want for myself in this life and thus I am going to work had to get there :-)
        Photos:

Why do you want to be Powwows.com Princess:I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I really love this website! It is my go to guide whenever I'm looking for videos of dancing, photos of different styles or regalia, and I use it as a reference whenever I can for classwork or special cultural projects. I also had so much fun being the Powwows.com Ambassador last year I hope I can reign this year as your Princess!! Please vote for me- I will fulfill my "job"(although I don't classify it as work since it is so fun) duties and get to as many events as I can afford!

As far as a brief report of my last powwow- I am adding this link to my post "2011-2012 Ambassador Travels-it has information,pictures and a link to a couple of YouTube videos-please take time to review :-)http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=61886

Ok, hope that all was not confusing, and I will greatly appreciate your votes for me for 2012 POWWOWS.COM PRINCESS!!

Please let me know of any questions you may have- thanks you again and God Bless-Sarah
        I don't doubt anything, but I question everything
        All I know is what I do not know and will never know all of what I do not know.

2012 Powwows.com Princess :D

Comment

Rozlynn Tone-Pah-Hote
          Kiowa/Maya/Oneida
          Full Time student at Montgomery County Community College receiving certification in Medical Coding
          22 years old

Click image for larger version

Name:	tphr1_pic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	2093446
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tphr1_pic2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2093447

I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I love going to pow-wows and representing Native people! I love coming on the website b/c I can come here when I am having a bad day and laugh with some of the "residents" LOL I also had so much fun going to pow-wows and meeting some of our members at them!! Please vote for me- I will keep up with everyone on my travels of pow-wows as I can afford!

The last pow-wow I went to last year was Shinnecock Indian Pow-Wow. Being able to dance with my family and friends was an amazing feeling. The colors of the beadwork and feather work are that of Crayola Crayon Factory. I loved watching the young children and the older adults come out and join in the singing and dancing.
          Last edited by Toolbox; 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM. Reason: Image link issue - resolved

Comment

Originally posted by tonepahhoter1 View Post
            Rozlynn Tone-Pah-Hote
            Kiowa/Maya/Oneida
            Full Time student at Montgomery County Community College recieving certification in Medical Coding
            22 years old

I want to be your 2012 Powwows.com Princess because I love going to pow-wows and representing Native people! I love coming on the website b/c I can come here when I am having a bad day and laugh with some of the "residents" LOL I also had so much fun going to pow-wows and meeting some of our memberd at them!! Please vote for me- I will keep up with everyone on my travels of pow-wows as I can afford!

The last pow-wow I went to last year was Shinnecock Indian Pow-Wow. Being able to dance with my family and friends was an amazing feeling. The colors of the beadwork and feather work are that of Crayola Crayon Factory. I loved watching the young children and the older adults come out and join in the singing and dancing.
            The pictures you linked to from Facebook aren't showing up.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
              Everyone please spread the word!
              Will do.

I've added more pics etc. to my thread:
              "2011-2012 Powwows.com Princess travels".
              2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Say What?!

Is there really only two people running this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Zintkala Towa Win View Post
                  Is there really only two people running this year?
                  Looks like it since today is the cut off. Should be interesting
                  I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Wow for real, and now we are down to the final minutes before Feb 1st.. hmm :-/
                    I don't doubt anything, but I question everything
                    All I know is what I do not know and will never know all of what I do not know.

2012 Powwows.com Princess :D

Comment

Bump
                      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                      sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Throwing My Hat (aka Nomination) into the Ring

Name: Amanda Taylor
                        Tribe: Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe
                        Occupation: Full time Student getting my Lakota Language Teaching Certification for the State of South Dakota. I am also the new Tribal Historic Preservation Office Data Entry Clerk for the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe.

I want to represent as Powwows.com Princes for 2012-2013 because I am dedicated to the continuation and preservation of the language of my people. I love to dance and be active within my culture!! I have represented the Tiospaye Student Council at the University of South Dakota for two years as Miss Tiospaye USD. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts majoring in American Indian Studies with a 3.0 GPA. Last semester, as a student in the Lakota Language Education Action Program, I was named to the Dean's List with a semester GPA of 3.75. I believe that not only could I represent my own community with pride and honor but I feel like I could do the Powwwows.com community proud too!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I look forward to being apart of this contest with both Sarah and Rozlynn!! Good luck ladies!!

Comment

Recently we had a discussion on how to bring more "Powwow" people to this site, not just the forums. So my question to all of the candidates is:

How would you bring and involve more Powwow people or ndn's in general to this site?
                            CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                            sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Zintkala Towa Win View Post
                              I look forward to being apart of this contest with both Sarah and Rozlynn!! Good luck ladies!!
                              Good luck to you too!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.