Forum Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Problems

I apologize for the problems the last 24 hour.

There is a vulerability in one of the vBulletin plugins we are using. This lead to a hacker bot gaining control of some admin accounts.

This attacked has hit hundreds of vBulletin sites this week.

Some email messages were sent out from this attack.

I've fixed the problem and am working to secure the site now.

All extra plugins are currently turned off. This, unfortunately, includes our spam filter. As you may have noticed this has caused us to have an increase today in spam posts. That will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience and support while we work through the problem.

Sorry for any spam messages you may have recieved.

Thanks!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Another weird happening, as soon as I got on this site, I was directed to a site called Nazi bankers or something like that. I had to quickly hit the back button and I was playing ping pong with site jforjustice dot co dot uk.
    Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
      I apologize for the problems the last 24 hour.

There is a vulerability in one of the vBulletin plugins we are using. This lead to a hacker bot gaining control of some admin accounts.

This attacked has hit hundreds of vBulletin sites this week.

Some email messages were sent out from this attack.

I've fixed the problem and am working to secure the site now.

All extra plugins are currently turned off. This, unfortunately, includes our spam filter. As you may have noticed this has caused us to have an increase today in spam posts. That will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience and support while we work through the problem.

Sorry for any spam messages you may have recieved.

Thanks!
      You have survived a hack attack by A non ymous ( i don't Write their name correctly on purpose)
      sigpic

Comment

I'm turning the site back on now.

If you see any issues, please let me know.

It may take the admins a couple of days to clear out all the spam posts.

Thanks for your support!
        New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work!!
          I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

Originally posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
            Another weird happening, as soon as I got on this site, I was directed to a site called Nazi bankers or something like that. I had to quickly hit the back button and I was playing ping pong with site jforjustice dot co dot uk.
            Did the same thing to me.
            I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Same thing happened to me.
              Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                Did the same thing to me.
                Originally posted by Tsalagi_Phoenix View Post
                Same thing happened to me.
                I thought it was my laptop, I even ran a scan to make sure. lol Little did I know, it was happening to a number of us.
                "I used to be an adventurer like you,but then I took an arrow to the knee" - Skyrim

Comment

Working on spam removal now
                  CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                  sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

about time u did some work around here

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                      Working on spam removal now
                      They're still getting through !
                      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

The software that scans posts and filters out spam is being patched right now, so the spammers are going to get through, but not for long.
                        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                          The software that scans posts and filters out spam is being patched right now, so the spammers are going to get through, but not for long.
                          That's good.....I've been deletin' them as fast as I find them but I'm only a mod over a few areas......
                          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                            That's good.....I've been deletin' them as fast as I find them but I'm only a mod over a few areas......
                            Somebody spammed my Rip, Rip,Rip thread in the beadwork forum.

Comment

Happened to me too, everything I clicked on sent me there!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.