Forum Moving to New Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docat View Post
    Help please, whenever I post (except in this thread) something weird shows up in my post thingy.

Here is a screenshot. Look where it says "Already pinged" Some kind of healing arts thingy. WHAT is that? I went to the website for the center of healing arts stuff, and I'm not into that. I'm not sure where that come from.

Do you know? See screenshot:
    What url shows up in the title bar of your browser when you get this?

I don't get that.

Comment

Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
      What url shows up in the title bar of your browser when you get this?

I don't get that.
      Here I am on the NEVERENDING GAME in games and polls. Try to post there and see if you get it when you try to post in it.

Here is the URL I had:

Edited it out because it has my member number on it. Just go to Neverending game and see if you can post there without getting that message.
      Last edited by docat; 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Here I am on the NEVERENDING GAME in games and polls. Try to post there and see if you get it when you try to post in it.

Here is the URL I had:

Edited it out because it has my member number on it. Just go to Neverending game and see if you can post there without getting that message.
        Thanks for the cooties, docat Now I have to get a cootie shot...

Yes, it did it for me, too. It is something with that thread. It doesn't do it on others.

Comment

Thanks for the cooties, docat Now I have to get a cootie shot...

Yes, it did it for me, too. It is something with that thread. It doesn't do it on others.
          We gotta ask [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], there is something up with that ping post. What is a ping anyway?

If you see this Paul G, if you go to Neverending Game in Games and Polls, try to post a test post and you will see that there is something called pinged on it. Can you remove that?

Comment

We gotta ask [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], there is something up with that ping post. What is a ping anyway?

If you see this Paul G, if you go to Neverending Game in Games and Polls, try to post a test post and you will see that there is something called pinged on it. Can you remove that?
            What?

Screenshot?
            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I think that is just a pingback. That helps with SEO - search engine optimization.

From Wiki:

A pingback is one of three types of linkback methods for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking to, or referring to their articles. Some weblog software, such as Movable Type, Serendipity, WordPress, and Telligent Community, support automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published. A number of more advanced content management systems support pingbacks through the use of addons or extensions, including Drupal and Joomla.

Essentially, a pingback is an XML-RPC request (not to be confused with an ICMP ping) sent from Site A to Site B, when an author of the blog at Site A writes a post that links to Site B. However, it also requires a hyperlink. When Site B receives the notification signal, it automatically goes back to Site A checking for the existence of a live incoming link. If that link exists, the pingback is recorded successfully. This makes pingbacks less prone to spam than trackbacks. Pingback-enabled resources must either use an X-Pingback header or contain a <link> element to the XML-RPC script.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                I think that is just a pingback. That helps with SEO - search engine optimization.

From Wiki:

A pingback is one of three types of linkback methods for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking to, or referring to their articles. Some weblog software, such as Movable Type, Serendipity, WordPress, and Telligent Community, support automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published. A number of more advanced content management systems support pingbacks through the use of addons or extensions, including Drupal and Joomla.

Essentially, a pingback is an XML-RPC request (not to be confused with an ICMP ping) sent from Site A to Site B, when an author of the blog at Site A writes a post that links to Site B. However, it also requires a hyperlink. When Site B receives the notification signal, it automatically goes back to Site A checking for the existence of a live incoming link. If that link exists, the pingback is recorded successfully. This makes pingbacks less prone to spam than trackbacks. Pingback-enabled resources must either use an X-Pingback header or contain a <link> element to the XML-RPC script.
                Does that mean the thread doesn't have cooties?

Comment

It means you have cooties.

Comment

It means you have cooties.
                    Oh great!

Comment

• Originally posted by docat View Post
                      Oh great!
                      Its okay, I have them too. So does my wolf. That is why he is dancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by docat View Post
                        Yes, everything is fine.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

• [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION] pages are loading really, really slow today!

Comment

• Just a heads up, last night I got a 400 error script when I tried to log in. Gave a key number and said to try and fix it myself.

Stands Alone, the net is having issues today, there's a cyber attack going on... expect traffic to be slow. http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/big...141400441.html
                            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.