• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2013 Posting Contest

Who can post the most?

Post in this thread:
    http://forums.powwows.com/f48/april-...2/#post1564736

Contest starts now and ends at the first Grand Entry of Gathering of Nations - noon on April 25th.

Prizes
    1st - $25 Best Buy Gift Card
    2nd - $10 iTunes Gift Card
    3rd - Chris Roberts Pow Wow Calendar
    4th - Midnite Express 3 CD Download
    5th - North Bear CD Download

If the thread has more than 50,000 posts I'll double the top two prizes!

Other Prizes
    We'll randomly select 10 people to win copies of our iPhone apps. Your choice of Pow Wow Photo of the Day, Pow Wow Radio or Pow Wow Images.

Good luck and have fun!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
    Who can post the most?

Post in this thread:

Contest starts now and ends at the first Grand Entry of Gathering of Nations - noon on April 25th.

Prizes

Other Prizes
    We'll randomly select 10 people to win copies of our iPhone apps. Your choice of Pow Wow Photo of the Day, Pow Wow Radio or Pow Wow Images.

Good luck and have fun!

I don't know if luck has anything to do with it. Sounds like a lot of work. LOL

Comment

i could so totally win this..but im lazy. lol.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
      When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Hey [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], give us a contest that is full of chance, and I'm all over it.

If it involves gambling, that's an improvement.

If it involves someone getting knocked out in the second round, I'm ringside.

Unfortunately, posting numbers just to post makes it easy for people to keep track of how many posts, but no one will read them...also the activity is all surrounding one thread...which actually takes away from the entire site.

Here's an idea for the next contest. Give a sweepstakes ticket for people who post in ALL subsections in Powwows...not just a post, but they have to quote someone and write something meaningful (not a number) OR write a meaningful question if they don't know anything about beading or how to chicken dance. Then each time someone goes and posts in all subsections, they get a "ticket."

This will bring people into areas that they have never posted in before and expose them to more of the site.

Each ticket from making the rounds enters them in the drawing for prizes. So each time someone posts something meaningful in all subsections of Powwows, they get a virtual ticket into the contest. The more tickets, the better the chances of winning.

So those who rely on chance (people like me), and people who want to work hard (people not like me) actually fulfill a goal of the site and that is for more meaningful participation.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by *Brown Eyed Gurl* View Post
          i could so totally win this..but im lazy. lol.
          This one you can win for just posting 1 time!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Here are the standings:

Ndnsoldierboy 4,099
            Grits & Beans 1,650
            Itzhecatl 278
            Tsalagi_Phoenix 222
            Spiritflight 88
            Chevy_truckin_NDN 64
            Stands Alone 12
            docat 10

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by docat View Post
              Hey [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], give us a contest that is full of chance, and I'm all over it.

If it involves gambling, that's an improvement.

If it involves someone getting knocked out in the second round, I'm ringside.

Unfortunately, posting numbers just to post makes it easy for people to keep track of how many posts, but no one will read them...also the activity is all surrounding one thread...which actually takes away from the entire site.

Here's an idea for the next contest. Give a sweepstakes ticket for people who post in ALL subsections in Powwows...not just a post, but they have to quote someone and write something meaningful (not a number) OR write a meaningful question if they don't know anything about beading or how to chicken dance. Then each time someone goes and posts in all subsections, they get a "ticket."

This will bring people into areas that they have never posted in before and expose them to more of the site.

Each ticket from making the rounds enters them in the drawing for prizes. So each time someone posts something meaningful in all subsections of Powwows, they get a virtual ticket into the contest. The more tickets, the better the chances of winning.

So those who rely on chance (people like me), and people who want to work hard (people not like me) actually fulfill a goal of the site and that is for more meaningful participation.

Just a suggestion.
              Love the idea.

The posting contest is just for fun. Some of the people here really enjoy them.

For your idea, how could I track all the activity?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Love the idea.

The posting contest is just for fun. Some of the people here really enjoy them.

For your idea, how could I track all the activity?
                Easy. Make participants submit their post numbers for a ticket, they put down the # of the post in the thread. Like this is #8...you can make a template with the thread titles, and the participant just records the number on the template. When the sections are all full, they submit the template and get a virtual ticket which you store in your magic server until drawing time. :)

Wow, I'm surprised, I actually have 10 posts in there? That's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by docat View Post
                  Easy. Make participants submit their post numbers for a ticket, they put down the # of the post in the thread. Like this is #8...you can make a template with the thread titles, and the participant just records the number on the template. When the sections are all full, they submit the template and get a virtual ticket which you store in your magic server until drawing time. :)

Wow, I'm surprised, I actually have 10 posts in there? That's amazing.
                  I'm still a little confused. Show me what you mean by template?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I like the contests jazz'z things up a bit
                    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Im not fast like some so I like to see a chance for those who cant/ dont post many times
                      Last edited by Eagle Plumes; 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Paul how often will you show the number of user posts? That is a good idea.

Comment

I'm still a little confused. Show me what you mean by template?
                          Well, the template would be a page with a listing of all the current thread titles (not going back to really old ones) under each subcategory. So under Powwow Talk, let's pick on Amigo K and the Template would look like

POW WOW TALK
                          -2013 Powwow Trail
                          -Arizona Powwows and Beyond..... #990
                          -Gathering of Nations

Now since Amigo K was #990, he fills that in on the template. Then he fills in each number for each category, then he hits a submit button at the bottom of the page.

I could make a pic of what I'm talking about. You have participants CLAIM their post so you don't need a big expensive program to track it all. Each # can easily be verified if necessary, but I think most here would be honest. :)

Let me know if a pic of a possible template would be helpful...I could make one up. I wish muskrat_skull was around tonight, she used to do this type of stuff for a living. She's back in a few days. She'd be able to set up the template, I'll bet. It's rather simple in design and people just type in their post numbers before submitting for a ticket.

She knows how to code stuff like that so you have a template.

Comment

Who can post the most?

Post in this thread:

Prizes

Other Prizes

Good luck and have fun!
                            Sound like fun if you have alot of time, which for myself, I don't. I want to submit what I have written, do I do it here?..Let me know..

Comment

Here are the standings!

Ndnsoldierboy 4,202
                              Grits & Beans 1,650
                              Tsalagi_Phoenix 873
                              Itzhecatl 299
                              docat 232
                              cris_neva 117
                              Spiritflight 102
                              Chevy_truckin_NDN 64
                              Stands Alone 13
                              Eagle Plumes 11
                              AmigoKumeyaay 7
                              2lineCarrandMorgan 3
                              Fang 3
                              ac_miss 3
                              Paul G 2
                              *Brown Eyed Gurl* 1
                              White Powwow Dancer 1
                              Mato-Zi-Win 1

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.