~>REZ-ified Kids!!!<~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~>REZ-ified Kids!!!<~

:man: How many of you were born on the rez or raised on the rez??
    What did you enjoy most of living the rez life???

Lets see how many true blue dirty rez kids we have here. :p

:rocking: Born in the U S A !!

Comment

:D

Oh I was born in the city... raised in bordertown.

No rez life for me :( how sad huh?

Comment

awwww Cher... :huddle:

same here!! :p believe it or not!!! :man:

LMAO I was raised in a bordertown then around 6th grade my parents ..well we moved out to the rez then :( it was alright..it had its moments of boredom!! LMAO but even when we lived in the bordertown... we still went out to the rez on the weekends... did the jin-jee's/song and dances/or s'go dances *L* etc etc :Chatter...so i guess you could say i was sorta kinda raised on the rez :p

Comment

Um... I spent some weeks in the summer and a couple of spring break's out at g'mas house!! :D does that count??

We always had fun... playing in our treehouse, going to Gallup, and hitting up the jin'jeehs!!!! :lol2:

:rofl2:

Comment

I was raised on the rez and am proud of it :D it's surprising now how we take stuff for granted but growing up there really showed me how not to be wasteful and to appreciate all that I have. It's also exposed me to a lot of culture and tradition ... I loved it!! :)
            Last edited by step_2_da_side; 05-21-2004, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Rezified here.

Lived in the city when first married. my son was teased a lot because he is dark and had long hair. i told my husband i wanted to go back home, which we did where there is no teasing or racism against my kids. I felt happy because i was back home where culture and traditions are alive and doing well on the rez. My brothers sing on the drum outside by a fire without white neighbours complaining about the noise, can make a fire at anytime for marshmallow roasting, dont' need a permit from the city. lol. I tried to set a good example and be a role model mama on my rez. My kids all went to white schools and I will proudly say they kicked butt. when my 15 yr old was in sixth grade she entered a spelling bee contest and the teacher asked me if she could go in with the seniors because she was very good speller so she went and she took the competition she won a huge trophy! :D not too bad for a skinny lil brown girl from da rez eh? my son is second yr law student. so I guess it really don't matter where you grew up whether be on the rez or in a city. I guess all it takes is dedication and unconditional love to turn your children into loving, caring Anishnabe's.

so, yeah guess I am a true dirty lil rez kid :D *LOL*
              Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 05-22-2004, 11:56 AM.
              "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Been on the rez all my life except for when I was away at college. It's boring but none the less, its home. What I miss or enjoyed on the rez is when I was a little girl (make myself sound juss old :p) everyone from the rez would go to one of the beaches around here and cook out, swim, gossip etc. We don't do that anymore. One of the other rezzers wrote about that in our community newsletter after a funeral..stating how the only time we get together now is when someone passes on.....and she mentioned the get togethers....those were the good old days!
                He's the type of rez I like
                ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

mortified petrified stupified REZified :Chatter

Comment

born and raised baybee...
                    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by step_2_da_side
                      I was raised on the rez and am proud of it :D it's surprising now how we take stuff for granted but growing up there really showed me how not to be wasteful and to appreciate all that I have. It's also exposed me to a lot of culture and tradition ... I loved it!! :)

i was born and raised ,so i'm also rezified and PROUD OF IT !!!!

Comment

Born and raised, true blue john.....now my daughter, even though we don't live on the rez anymore, she stills has the rezzed out attitude...LMAO........only way to raise 'em.....LOL
                        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Born and raised on the Great Navajo Nation! My bestest times are shoegames and loosing sheep with my cousins. Yeah we were suppose to be watching them, but got caught up playing rodeo in the ditch. :Quiet Then I remember going home and taking a bath and the water being just dirty... :Blush

Comment

LOL...the water just being dirty :p

OMG.. thats one thing i never got to do ...is herdsheep :( seriously... and YESSSS my parents have cattle and all that... we just had someone doing all of that for us *L* ... :dontknow: yup..i was deprived ....sad huh?? :o

Comment

I wouldn't call what we did herding sheep, we usually just played. :Thumbs One of my older cousins or aunts would keep their eye on the sheep.

Another bestest time.................Kick the can.

And my grandma didn't have electricy so later at night we would have dance contest with the battery radio. (disco days) Then she would get mad at us for using all her batteries. :NoNo

My kids are gonna be border town kids... but this weekend we are gonna rez it with my mom and dad. Wish they could have as much fun as we did.

Another bestest time.............. running to the east early in the morning to get all the blessings....... (it didn't feel good until we came home and had fried potatoes and hot tortilla's waiting) :ready2eat

One more last bestest time ever ......... building jumps around the arena and trying to make our rez horses be fancy english jumpers. I think we had more fun planning and devising the jumps than actually doing it..........

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X