X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taushina
    replied
    Originally posted by Singing Eagle
    Um - no you didn't because it would have shown up in the space where I quoted your post...............you obviously would rather be right then open-minded so carry on with your preaching - oh and I don't hate anyone.
    Oh okay. I think I was editing my post to Sophie while you were replying to me. Thats my conclusion. Good day ma'am! :)

Leave a comment:

• Singing Eagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Taushina
    Okay? Did you read the "P.S." I wrote to Sophie. I wrote that to Sophie before I read your post. Do you hate me?
    Um - no you didn't because it would have shown up in the space where I quoted your post...............you obviously would rather be right then open-minded so carry on with your preaching - oh and I don't hate anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    Well you didn't say that in the original post but added it after my comment - seems to me you are like a leaf in the wind and go where-ever the wind blows..............I'm beginning to think you just like to read your own writing - oh well - whatever...........
    Okay? Did you read the "P.S." I wrote to Sophie. I wrote that to Sophie before I read your post. Do you hate me?

Leave a comment:

• Singing Eagle
    replied
    I know, thats why I said I was going to knock down that straw man before we went down that rabbit trail. Thank you though!
    Well you didn't say that in the original post but added it after my comment - seems to me you are like a leaf in the wind and go where-ever the wind blows..............I'm beginning to think you just like to read your own writing - oh well - whatever...........

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    I don't think she meant re-incarnation.......
    I know, thats why I said I was going to knock down that straw man before we went down that rabbit trail. Thank you though!

Leave a comment:

• Singing Eagle
    replied
    1. Spirit = life
    2. Life comes from a creator
    3. Spirit cannot be destroyed

For the sake of argument. Does the spirit begin at conception or are there pre-existing spirits in this debate?

If there are pre-existing spirits, then I'll just go ahead and finish building this straw man.

4. Our bodies are temporary shells for our for our eternal spirits.

If these first four premises are true then abortion is not taking a "life" because that life (spirit) will eventually be "birthed" into a new body/shell. So our bodies/shells have no real intrinsic value. If this was a majority understanding there wouldn't be laws against murder (outside of the womb), rape, child molestation, sexual abuse and other things that may harm the body/shell.

Everyone would say/think "Hopefully they'll have better luck in their next body/shell!"

Is that an absurd conclusion?
    I don't think she meant re-incarnation.......

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophie
    ummmm where do we start?

Let's start w/ the "is abortion taking a life?" question...

I think we were in agreement that Spirit = Life, that Life comes from the Creator (aka: Great Mystery, Great Spirit, God - whatever label we want to use), and that Spirit can not be destroyed.

So far so good?
    1. Spirit = life
    2. Life comes from a creator
    3. Spirit cannot be destroyed

For the sake of argument. Does the spirit begin at conception or are there pre-existing spirits in this debate?

If there are pre-existing spirits, then I'll just go ahead and finish building this straw man.

4. Our bodies are temporary shells for our for our eternal spirits.

If these first four premises are true then abortion is not taking a "life" because that life (spirit) will eventually be "birthed" into a new body/shell. So our bodies/shells have no real intrinsic value. If this was a majority understanding there wouldn't be laws against murder (outside of the womb), rape, child molestation, sexual abuse and other things that may harm the body/shell.

Everyone would say/think "Hopefully they'll have better luck in their next body/shell!"

Is that an absurd conclusion?

(Sophie--I wasn't assuming that you were going down that road. I'm just trying to knock out rabbit trails.)
    Last edited by Taushina; 05-28-2004, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    Originally posted by CandaePrincess
    The curse of being in debate and having to specify definitions of words of our topic. It still haunts me..*L*
    No thats not a curse at all. That's a VERY good quality to have. Anyhoo....

Leave a comment:

• CandaePrincess
    replied
    The curse of being in debate and having to specify definitions of words of our topic. It still haunts me..*L*

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    Originally posted by CandaePrincess
    I also noticed you have the definition of just moral, not moral theology. So I figured I would help out!

Taken from Webster's Dictionary.

Moral theology
    theology applied to morals; practical theology; casuistry.

n. 1. The doctrine or practice of the duties of life; manner of living as regards right and wrong; conduct; behavior; - usually in the plural.
    Hey girl, thanks for the correction. "Good eye"

"Women who seek to be better than men lack ambition." Hey! I almost used that for my "Senior Quote." Instead I opted for one of those commonly used cheesy ones! Nice!
    Last edited by Taushina; 05-28-2004, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Taushina
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
    don't mind me..this has absolutely nuttin to do with the topic...jus wanted to say hi SHINA!!...this is jenn...aka lol "kewlndngirl..crazeesxykewlndn.."...newayz drop me a line...
    OMG JENN!! I MISSED you so much! HOw have you been? I don't have AOL anymore. My new e-mail is [email protected] HIT ME UP GIRL! You have made my day! GUESS WHAT? I'm going to BUffalo, NY next summer for the NAIG! Will you be there? Are you still in NY? I have so much to say! AND THis is way OFF TOPIC. I've missed you! E-mail me okay? Whats your #? I can call you up! I'm so excited! I'm gonna cry...

Leave a comment:

• wannabeUrNo1Snag
    replied
    don't mind me..this has absolutely nuttin to do with the topic...jus wanted to say hi SHINA!!...this is jenn...aka lol "kewlndngirl..crazeesxykewlndn.."...newayz drop me a line...

Leave a comment:

• CandaePrincess
    replied
    I also noticed you have the definition of just moral, not moral theology. So I figured I would help out!

Taken from Webster's Dictionary.

Moral theology
    theology applied to morals; practical theology; casuistry.

n. 1. The doctrine or practice of the duties of life; manner of living as regards right and wrong; conduct; behavior; - usually in the plural.

Leave a comment:

• CandaePrincess
    replied
    That's a terrible definition of moral.

Just saying that you could find a way better definition. Sounds like someone's own definition of moral who is trying to explain it but doesn't live it.....ya know what I mean???

Leave a comment:

• Sophie
    replied
    DING! Round 1

ummmm where do we start?

Let's start w/the "is abortion taking a life?" question...

I think we were in agreement that Spirit = Life, that Life comes from the Creator (aka: Great Mystery, Great Spirit, God - whatever label we want to use), and that Spirit can not be destroyed.

So far so good?
    Last edited by Sophie; 05-28-2004, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.