Aye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aye

OK WAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN ....AYEE OR....AYEZ I MEAN WAT THE HELL KINDA A WORD IS THAT AYEKLXCXCFM,KXDFJ.DTRJERK OK AS U CAN SEE I RUBBED IT IN A LIL BUT ANYWAYS WAT DOES THAT MEAN man thats a dumb word ayee ayezz wdfhufjkfdu k l8terz

its like....ummmmm

CHHHIISSHHH

:rofl2::rofl2:

Comment

I only heard it said in the area I grew up; central Oregon. Only native people would say it; it would either be,"aye," or "ayez, I lie!" The other very common word was:"enit." It's usually used when you are kidding around with each other. Moving from Oregon to Alaska; the native people here use different words, when talking like this.

Comment

ayyyyyyyye! ndn slang I guess
        "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Yup, native slang!

Comment

A
            B
            C
            D
            E
            F
            G
            errrrrr!
            "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Yup...good ole native slang. I don't say it...."ayezzzz", but I have noticed how a bunch of gals will say it all together!
              kwa-cha! :rofl2:

Comment

what kinda ndn asks what "aye" means?? :rofl2: it's slang! much like how the kids say 'TOTALLY' :Chatter

Comment

OH WELL SORRYYYYY fer ASKIN I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS SO DAMN WRONG TO ASK WAT A STUPID SLANG MENT

Comment

added to

yeah it's slang...but it's not commonly used by all natives everywhere... it's more an expression than slang though. It kinda is like saying DAyuuuuuuuumMMMMMMMMMM or Shhheeeeeiiit... you know an expression that is easier to understand if you know the context in which it is being used.
                    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~*blackfoothoney*~
                      OH WELL SORRYYYYY fer ASKIN I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS SO DAMN WRONG TO ASK WAT A STUPID SLANG MENT
                      :p lol...no questions are ever stupid questions!!! :D

Comment

i dont know i dont use that word...........aaayyeee........
                        its a shame that stupidity isnt painful

Comment

blalock's defination of the word aye

the connotation of the word depends on the context of the conversation in which it is used, for example:

When you see a bunch of native girls in a circle, you can tell when someone said something funny because they all kinda lean back a little and loudly say "aye." Giggling or laughing normally follows this.

It also is substituted for the words "just kidding."

On a side note, My sister and her friends used to say "Aye china" or "Aye china bowlagged"
                          "Deep Thoughts" By Jack Handy

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieB
                            the connotation of the word depends on the context of the conversation in which it is used, for example:

When you see a bunch of native girls in a circle, you can tell when someone said something funny because they all kinda lean back a little and loudly say "aye." Giggling or laughing normally follows this.

It also is substituted for the words "just kidding."

On a side note, My sister and her friends used to say "Aye china" or "Aye china bowlagged"
                            When I was younger I only heard the word aye from oklahoma folks or people from oklahoma. As it seams to me that the explosion of the contest powwows, internet, and bording schools. skins from all over have picked up on this term. Like Maggie B said its used after jokes or joking. or if someone tries to bust on you and you can't think of what to say before you bust them in the face you say aye in a disagreeing voice.
                            Bfoot like the other girl said there are no dumb questions only stupid azz people who like to talk shyt because you asked. They probabled wonder the same thing and didn't come out of thier momma knowing everything.

in the spirt of coming out of my momma not knowing everything I have a question of my own....?
                            What does China mean??? I always hear poncas and omahas saying this? "Aye China" I figure it must be a ponca word....
                            does it mean "I not from china"? or "I'm chinease no I joke"?
                            help me plz... Aye!
                            Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NDNTacO49
                              What does China mean??? I always hear poncas and omahas saying this? "Aye China" I figure it must be a ponca word....
                              does it mean "I not from china"? or "I'm chinease no I joke"?
                              help me plz... Aye!
                              aye la!
                              "Deep Thoughts" By Jack Handy

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X