The Fry Bread Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fry Bread Thread!

Fry bread is manna from heaven, its the nourishment of many great leaders and lovely ladies. How can a powwow be complete without a golden brown taste of the Creator. Frybread is more than just food, more than just cooked flour, Frybread is a way of life! Its a unique flavor, that doesn't require fixin's. But throw some syrup or honey on it and you got dessert, throw some beans and hot sauce on it and you got dinner. Fry bread is a mindset, its a manifestation of good living! I'll take a piece of my Grandma's fry bread over a Sirloin any day! So, if you like fry bread, if you believe in fry bread, got a good recipe or a good fry bread story, I present to the Powwows.com community.....The Fry Bread Thread!
    Kio-Manche
    Oklahoma Proud!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... frybread frybread frybread... thanks Numunu we knew you could be persuaded...:)
    "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

What do frybread and Indian men have in common? They're both brown, round and greazy. ayyyyyyye :p

Frybread is best made just simple, without the yeast, sugar, milk, etc etc. Just use water, flour and baking powder, and a dash of salt and a whole lotta care and and tender luvin hands.

Frybread is a way of life people. :D Its more than just food! Its love baby, love!
      Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 05-30-2004, 12:15 PM.
      "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
        Frybread is a way of life people. :D Its more than just food! Its love baby, love!
        I agree OJ, frybread is love, baby love. Because frybread don't discriminate. It tastes good no matter who you are. Not only that, but there is big frybreads, little frybreads, there is light skinned frybreads, dark skinned frybreads. There is thick frybreads, thin frybreads. There is sweet frybreads, and bitter frybreads. No two frybreads are alike. And frybread loves you no matter who you are, or what you done. If only the world could eat more frybread, it would be a happier place. So eat more frybread people! Do it for your familys! Do it for your friends! Do it for you sweeties! Do it for the World!!!!!
        Kio-Manche
        Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

One frybread lover to another!

Originally posted by Numunu1971
          I agree OJ, frybread is love, baby love. Because frybread don't discriminate. It tastes good no matter who you are. Not only that, but there is big frybreads, little frybreads, there is light skinned frybreads, dark skinned frybreads. There is thick frybreads, thin frybreads. There is sweet frybreads, and bitter frybreads. No two frybreads are alike. And frybread loves you no matter who you are, or what you done. If only the world could eat more frybread, it would be a happier place. So eat more frybread people! Do it for your familys! Do it for your friends! Do it for you sweeties! Do it for the World!!!!!
          So are you launching a national or inter-national eat frybread campaign? :rofl2:
          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
            What do frybread and Indian men have in common? They're both brown, round and greazy. ayyyyyyye :p

Frybread is best made just simple, without the yeast, sugar, milk, etc etc. Just use water, flour and baking powder, and a dash of salt and a whole lotta care and and tender luvin hands.

I agree!!

Know what you call a frybread made with yeast, sugar and milk??

A DOUGHNUT!!!! :Tongue :rofl2:
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Fry bread is manna from heaven,
              Correction.... that is indigenious manna from heaven! ;) :taunting:

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                So are you launching a national or inter-national eat frybread campaign? :rofl2:
                I'm not sure yet, what do you think Mato? Personally, I think an international eat frybread campaign would be difficult to execute. Too many non-believers out there. And as far as a national campaign, I don't believe this country is quite ready for the enormous responsibility that comes with being makers of frybread. The ability to cook for twice as many people at the drop of a hat...the precision to add just enough salt but not too much so you don't send the elders blood pressure too high or too low...just somewhere in the middle. Its too much...for most folks. Which is why Creator gave it to NDN's. He knew it would require careful instruction, and careful balance. And as OJ said...Simplicity is Key to good Frybread!
                Kio-Manche
                Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                  Correction.... that is indigenious manna from heaven! ;) :taunting:
                  LOL...Once again Mato, I stand corrected, I humbly thank you for your guidance. :violin:
                  Kio-Manche
                  Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

LOL...Once again Mato, I stand corrected, I humbly thank you for your guidance. :violin:
                    instead of moderating threads they're also regulating everyone's capability to mind their PC terms now eh? jk

Comment

Hey.. I'm here to serve. That's why my pay is so high! :rofl2:

Comment

Originally posted by step_2_da_side
                        instead of moderating threads they're also regulating everyone's capability to mind their PC terms now eh? jk
                        S2DS, I knew I could count on you for your support. I tried to give you some rep...but it says I got spread it around first. They regulating who I can give props to, too. Dang, its like Indian Health Service around here sometimes. JK. See? If everyone would just eat more frybread, we wouldn't have all this dissention amongst the people. Mainly cuz our greasy fingers would keep slipping off the keyboard...ayyy...
                        Kio-Manche
                        Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

:mocking: @ Mato. is it fair to say you're one nosey person? :Chatter I'm kidding... it's in ur job description :p

Numunu .... s'all good. It does the same thing when I try to fire back some rep atcha u gonna fix that too, Mato?? ayes!! :rofl2:

Comment

Originally posted by step_2_da_side
                            :mocking: @ Mato. is it fair to say you're one nosey person? :Chatter I'm kidding... it's in ur job description :p
                            sigh....It's lonely here at the top.

Numunu .... s'all good. It does the same thing when I try to fire back some rep atcha u gonna fix that too, Mato?? ayes!! :rofl2:
                            Sure.. go give out 20 reps then try again in 24 hrs. ;) :D

Comment

FRYBREAD POWER!!! :man:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X