Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luv that avatar, Stacy! Glad to hear you are on patrol - I'll sleep better at nights - even if I am in the Ozarks.

Comment

• WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE MORE DAY TIL FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what I am doing this weekend except on Saturday we're having company and I'm cooking dinner......or lunch.....not sure which yet. *L*

Gray's is on tonight.......I'm such a psycho fan. Where's everyone at??? IT'S ANOTHER COLD ONE OUT!!!! It's up to 30 here now. *L* It was about 27 when I went to work this morning. It's a hot coffee kind of day.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

• Morning Okies!!!
        Its sunny and cold
        And its my Friday!!!
        Ahhhhh yes one of my favorite days
        Well the Fliteline lived up to m expectation last night
        I was so windy and cold but invigorating at the same time
        In a peel your skin off sort of way
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

• cold, cold, cold.....errrrrrr

I wanted to go down to OU on Saturday night but my Dad is going to be in town and we're gonna celebrate his girlfriends birthday while they are here.

I can taste the turkey now and we still have a week to go.
          "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• heya neighbors! I'm awake Candae, well, at least I have my eyes open and am at work, not really sure if that counts as being awake or not. It's FRIDAY EVE!!!! woo hoo. It's a whole 34 here, but looks like that wind and rain have moved on thru, maybe the sun will even come out, but it's supposed to get down to 28 or so tonight.

Josiah, you didn't turn into a popsicle last night did ya? Silvermouse, we got our own critters and varmits in these old hills, don't ya think? Stacey, maybe ol Bigfoot is vegetarian, better carry some sprouts and avacado's or sumthin maybe. Got a full desk here, better get to it.

Comment

• It's another slow day here but I can't complain. It's almost Friday!! *L* I brought my walking shoes....gonna try it out there in the cold. I think it should be okay, it's not windy and by 11am it should be up to at least 33.

It's nice and toasty inside today. I've already took a walk of the warehouse too. I'm on my third cup of coffee. (and not even CLOSE to being wired)

Comment

• Originally posted by streamhawk
                Josiah, you didn't turn into a popsicle last night did ya?
                Nope but my crew thought it was cold!!!!!! I saw Parkas and longjohns and big old gloves.
                I came into work and they took one look at me and said ahhhh hell no!!!
                Because I dont get cold very easily, so I had my work jacket on and a pair of wool gloves!
                Funny thing was at about 4:00 pm my boss put me on an aircraft inside and there I was the rest of the evening...
                While the rest of the boys were outside freezing there pootooties off and of course when I saw them at break they would have point out that I was inside!
                I told em it was clean living and good thoughts that brought me in from the cold!
                I was not well liked the rest of the night!
                LOL
                Last edited by Josiah; 11-16-2006, 12:19 PM.
                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                Till I Die!

Comment

• You all keep your cold weather to yourself! We've got 23 people coming for lunch on Saturday and after we eat we are all going out for a hayride - no wimping out either! It's 39 degrees here but the winds a little rugged.

Yes, Streamhawk, we do have our fair share of critters. A couple of years ago we were sitting on our porch about 10:00 at night while the kids played outside and I swear we heard a bigfoot scream up on top of our hill. It was the weirdest sound we ever heard. Probably just an 'ole cougar though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silvermouse
                    Yes, Streamhawk, we do have our fair share of critters. A couple of years ago we were sitting on our porch about 10:00 at night while the kids played outside and I swear we heard a bigfoot scream up on top of our hill. It was the weirdest sound we ever heard. Probably just an 'ole cougar though.
                    I've heard some really weird sounds in the woods at dusk and later too, unidentified. The game and fish here insists that there are no cougars, or panthers as they're called here, but I think they just say that 'cause then they'd have to manage them. I'm pretty aware of different animal sounds, and a few times I've heard stuff that makes the hair on your neck just stand right up. Anyway, I know what a cougar and a bear sound like, and what I heard was neither one.

Comment

• I went walking today!!! It was cold but I was feeling pretty good by the time I got back. I love walking in the cold. It wakes ya up!

Had some campbell's chicken noodle soup for lunch after, warmed me back up! *L*

I'm ready for the weekend!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by streamhawk
                        I've heard some really weird sounds in the woods at dusk and later too, unidentified. The game and fish here insists that there are no cougars, or panthers as they're called here, but I think they just say that 'cause then they'd have to manage them. I'm pretty aware of different animal sounds, and a few times I've heard stuff that makes the hair on your neck just stand right up. Anyway, I know what a cougar and a bear sound like, and what I heard was neither one.
                        .....takes notes.....

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• I make really wierd sounds, but usually when I am really hungry!

I am making a nice stew in the crockpot today, using the last of the Deer meat and some potatoes and corn.
                          Smells good, I know what i am having for lunch tonight
                          hahaha.
                          Keep Warm Okies and have a good one...
                          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                          Till I Die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiah
                            I make really wierd sounds, but usually when I am really hungry!

I am making a nice stew in the crockpot today, using the last of the Deer meat and some potatoes and corn.
                            Smells good, I know what i am having for lunch tonight
                            hahaha.
                            Keep Warm Okies and have a good one...
                            Both my boys got a deer this year (their first!) and my husband got his limit too - so we are rolling in deer (although we did spend all day Monday cutting it up). This batch tastes really good - I can't tell any game taste at all.

What are your favorite ways to fix it?

Comment

• Everyone behave tonight and have a great night. TOMORROW IS FRIDAY AND I WANT SOME EXCITING POSTS!!!! *L*

peace and grease

Comment

• Originally posted by CandaePrincess
                                Everyone behave tonight and have a great night.
                                peace and grease
                                dang, we gotta behave?? you're a cruel taskmaster, lol

c'ya
                                Last edited by streamhawk; 11-16-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.