X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CandaePrincess View Post
    U too Lisa! Have a good one!

Oh, never been that far south in Oklahoma....*L* Been to Ada, but not Meers or Lawton...I don't think

I've been to CORN OKLAHOMA!!!!! HOME OF COLONY POW WOW!!!!!

It's mussy......they have kick azz green and red chili stew w/frybread......yum yum!!!!! It'll wake ya up for the 10:30pm grand entry. *L*
    Yep been to that one, it was my Mom's Favorite powwow she camped there every year from the mid 70's up to just recently
    Got to love them Cheyenne's they give a whole new meaning to NDN time!!!
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

Oh, never been that far south in Oklahoma....*L* Been to Ada, but not Meers or Lawton...I don't think

It's mussy......they have kick azz green and red chili stew w/frybread......yum yum!!!!! It'll wake ya up for the 10:30pm grand entry. *L*

yeah, I heard you gotta get a passport and shots and everything to go to SOUTHERN OKLAHOMA...... hey, j/k, just giving ya a hard time.

10:30?? So when's that powwow end, like 2am?? Wow, that's a later go-er.

Comment

Corn?

Gyrl, you ain't been anyplace 'til you've been to Slapout or Dirty Shame Oklahoma!
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
          Corn?

Gyrl, you ain't been anyplace 'til you've been to Slapout or Dirty Shame Oklahoma!
          Or to Forty Four, Fifty-Six, or Number Nine Arkansas. Not sure which is the winner, Possum Grape or Toad Suck, home of the Toad Suck Ferry. Now I'm telling on my state.

Comment

• (replying to Who's post...)
            Sounds like someplace where there'd be a bunch of Kee-owas

as John Wayne said.........

John Wayne's Teeth, are they real...are they made of wood, or maybe steel????

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

(replying to Who's post...)
              Sounds like someplace where there'd be a bunch of Kee-owas

as John Wayne said.........

John Wayne's Teeth, are they real...are they made of wood, or maybe steel????
              Oh yeah and lets not forget about Lost City, Lineswitch or Bunch
              And my all time coolest sounding place in Oklahoma
              Eveningshade...
              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
              Till I Die!

Comment

• We have all those little towns accounts here at work, some of the names crack me up. I had referrals on my desk once and flipping through the sheets I saw "Greasy" and "Beaver" stacked in a row. Let's hope they never combine those 2 small district's into one. lmao!!!!

Soooooooooooo when ya'll want to jump in the car and head to Meer's for a burger and ribs (never tried those) just give a shout. They also have the best Coconut Cream Pie!! That's why I hike down there .....well for the pie AND the Sasquatch search.
                "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• Greasy Beaver, that's funny Stacey. Watch out for ol Bigfoot now. All this food talk made me hungry, headed for food now, you guys have a great weekend!

Comment

• Okay, so coming back to work today "Monday" I was very disturber to find my Oklahoma thread.....on PAGE 2!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my sticky status back!! It cost us a lot of points back then to do it!!!! *L*

I hope everyone is having a good morning. I fell asleep around 1am last night....KIDZ...I went bed after we talked around...oh midnight!! Told ya I couldn't sleep! *L*

Bad thing....Monday mtg. from hell...good thing....mean supervisor is gone all day today!!!

Have a good one!!!!!

Comment

• looks like all the sticky's are gone Candae, don't see an announcement about it or anything, wonder what happened?

had a good weekend, saw some good music friday night, visited friends on saturday, work stuff yesterday, laundry, but at least I'm clean, lol. Started a good book on loan to me yesterday too, Oblivion's Altar, about the Cherokee set right before the Trail of Tears, it's really good, you read this Josiah?

rain, rain, rain, and a chance of snow. Is it spring yet?

Comment

• Good Morning Okies
                        I noticed that yesterday Candae!!!
                        What is up with that???
                        But then it was not just the Okies thread, I noticed that All Sticky
                        Threads are gone!

I have class in about 15 min got to get ready for school!!!
                        LOL
                        Although I don't have very far to go just to this computer!!!

Hello
                        A B C D
                        oh wrong language
                        O-si-yo
                        Ah Eh Uh Hu
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiah View Post

Hello
                          A B C D
                          oh wrong language
                          O-si-yo
                          Ah Eh Uh Hu
                          'si-yo u-do
                          let's see, A B C D
                          looks familiar, not sure the meaning
                          ab-cid?
                          lol

Comment

• My husband and I were watching TV freakin LATE Friday night. THere was some kind of show on one of those stations about the 30 scariest movies of all time.

A Clockwork Orange was #2.....I was all telling my husband "I TOLD YOU, YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!!!" *L* We'll wait and see. #1 was Hostel....anyone seen that??? It is by Tarantino.....skary as hell!!!! I guess b/c you KNOW there's stuff like that, that goes on in those other countries...and probably even here to....tryin to act all naive about it. *L*

Comment

• Done with class
                              Now off to get a Haircut
                              getting ready for that bigggg interview
                              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                              Till I Die!

Comment

My husband and I were watching TV freakin LATE Friday night. THere was some kind of show on one of those stations about the 30 scariest movies of all time.

A Clockwork Orange was #2.....I was all telling my husband "I TOLD YOU, YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!!!" *L* We'll wait and see. #1 was Hostel....anyone seen that??? It is by Tarantino.....skary as hell!!!! I guess b/c you KNOW there's stuff like that, that goes on in those other countries...and probably even here to....tryin to act all naive about it. *L*
                                Is Hostel, scary as in gory and horror? Or is it more suspense and mystery? I have ahorrorphobia (i made that up...lol) so I can't watch those gory, horror flicks. But I like movies like The Skeleton Key and such.

I stayed up late this weekend, too. That is weird for me this time of year. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 when the sun goes down at 6:00. hehehehe....
                                "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.