X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me! I'm Melting!

Originally posted by Dezimber
    Last time I was in Oklahoma I didn't notice all the guys because I only had eyes :Naughty for only one!1:2: :Tongue I'll have to pay more attention went I go back. :Chatter
    I can't wait to go back at the end of the month! All you got me thinking about all the good eats there now I am hungry. His mamas meatpies were so yummy! Eskimo Joes was good too!

I think California is especially on those oven hot, triple digit, dry heat days. Oklahoma is warm and humid :sweat: but I was only there 5 days so I probably didn't expierence the worst of OK heat. There was only one hot day while I was there and it wasn't that bad.
    At least you can see them...here in CA when the smog is bad you can barely see were the mountains end and the ske begains, its just a brown haze. ick!
    Babie one look at me and you forget your man......aye I joke!
    What kind of meatpies were they?
    Check out Ok in Augs. then you will understand the Heat of OK!
    When is 85 degrees at 7:00 in the morning and 105 degrees at the hottest pt of the day then you have fully experanced Ok. It gets so hot that I doesn't even cool off at night..
    Thats OKLAHOMA!
    Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

I'm finally getting to Oklahoma this summer. Guess I'm in the right thread since I'm an OK descendant. Grandmas folks were in Chickasha, Okmulgee and Boley. I wanted her to come with me but she's scurrred I think.
      Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

Originally posted by Homalosa
        I'm finally getting to Oklahoma this summer. Guess I'm in the right thread since I'm an OK descendant. Grandmas folks were in Chickasha, Okmulgee and Boley. I wanted her to come with me but she's scurrred I think.
        NOT BOLEY.............you must be a black girl then....All Three hundred Boley residents are black....Makadea....Congieon...
        Stalusties....Muffies...........Gwahhhh!!!

Comment

Whatchu think Homa losa means? Guess you didn't check out my website!
          Yup, I be's a redblack mixedblood. Now what??

All it means is that since both Black folks and Indins tend to be late, I'm liable not to show up at all!

http://www.geocities.com/danzakar/He...wonations.html
          Last edited by Homalosa; 06-08-2004, 02:18 PM.
          Poetry is life in print.

Comment

Whatchu think Homa losa means? Guess you didn't check out my website!
            Yup, I be's a redblack mixedblood. Now what??

All it means is that since both Black folks and Indins tend to be late, I'm liable not to show up at all!

http://www.geocities.com/danzakar/He...wonations.html
            You're little girl is sooooo cute on your pic!!

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Thank you! She's so grown. She's three going on 33.
              Poetry is life in print.

Comment

Thank you! She's so grown. She's three going on 33.
                I know what you mean! My step daughter is the same, she's three and you'd think she's been shopping for YEARS. LOL. She loves shopping and loves dresses and loves pink and she's going to be an adult tomorrow! ha ha.

Comment

Babie one look at me and you forget your man......aye I joke!...hehehe
                  What kind of meatpies were they?...good ones...j/k... I am not sure what kind they were I two that weekend at the Veterans Homecoming Dance then she made some before I went home. She is Pawnee if that helps.
                  When is 85 degrees at 7:00 in the morning and 105 degrees at the hottest pt of the day then you have fully experanced Ok. It gets so hot that I doesn't even cool off at night..
                  Thats OKLAHOMA! It can be that bad here on somedays but with out the humidity so I can imagine that would make it worst. On days like this all you can if fill up the kiddie pool or bath tub or go the the nearest body of warter and stay as long as you can.
                  It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

I would also like to congratulate TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING FOR THE NHL CHAMPIONSHIP!!
                    First time for them ever!!! Even though they're Florida, gotta give it up to them! USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!

:) :Wave <---playing "We are the champions!" *L*

Comment

Originally posted by Dezimber
                      Babie one look at me and you forget your man......aye I joke!...hehehe
                      What kind of meatpies were they?...good ones...j/k... I am not sure what kind they were I two that weekend at the Veterans Homecoming Dance then she made some before I went home. She is Pawnee if that helps.
                      Thats OKLAHOMA! It can be that bad here on somedays but with out the humidity so I can imagine that would make it worst. On days like this all you can if fill up the kiddie pool or bath tub or go the the nearest body of warter and stay as long as you can.
                      The reason I ask......If you get a chance try and Osage meat pie....
                      After that all Meatpies won't taste the same! and ask for some corn soup aka NDNCorN! see my avaitor that is what is used to make it mighty tasty!

Comment

NDNTacO49

If I get the chance to try an Osage meat pie I will (any volunteers to hook me up with a sample?). I did have some corn soup that one of the aunties made when I was there last year. It was good too!
                        It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

If you ever go somewhere and the Maker's (name of family) have some BUY THEM UP!!!! YUM THEY MAKE GOOD ONES!!!
                          They're Ooooooo Sage. (The family...not the meatpie)

on a completely seperate note:.....

I want an NDNTacO w/dried corn and kidneys....Just because I'm not as durty as I'd like to be......

"weee"
                          Last edited by CandaePrincess; 06-08-2004, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks Candae! I'll remamber that.
                            It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

Originally posted by Numunu1971
                              Here is a link to their website, it includes a map showing where it is located. I eat there every chance I get.

http://www.meersstore.com/
                              Thanks Numunu.

Comment

Originally posted by CandaePrincess
                                If you ever go somewhere and the Maker's (name of family) have some BUY THEM UP!!!! YUM THEY MAKE GOOD ONES!!!
                                They're Ooooooo Sage. (The family...not the meatpie)

on a completely seperate note:.....

I want an NDNTacO w/dried corn and kidneys....Just because I'm not as durty as I'd like to be......

"weee"
                                WeeeeChaaaa
                                Kidneys on a Stick!!! now I need a woman to lulu for the kidneys on a stick!!!
                                I be damned if I didn't go to my family reuion on my Kiowa side only to see Kidneys on a Stick! damn my aunt sure knows how to hook it up!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.