Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever had sour cornbread???? Man someone made it at the reunion this weekend...it looked good....but got dang it tasted awful. My man said it's an acquired taste. He also said that about beer. And beer tastes like crap. Anyone ever eat sour cornbread??? Or blue bread (looks like grape dumplings with no sauce...). I'm not used to these Creek/Cher-key type dishes....like wild onions....ever ate those???? Just wondering.

Oh yeah.... and LULULULULULULULULU (Luluing for Raw Kidneys on a steek)

whay

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Originally posted by CandaePrincess
      Has anyone ever had sour cornbread???? Man someone made it at the reunion this weekend...it looked good....but got dang it tasted awful. My man said it's an acquired taste. He also said that about beer. And beer tastes like crap. Anyone ever eat sour cornbread??? Or blue bread (looks like grape dumplings with no sauce...). I'm not used to these Creek/Cher-key type dishes....like wild onions....ever ate those???? Just wondering.

Oh yeah.... and LULULULULULULULULU (Luluing for Raw Kidneys on a steek)

whay
      hell yea sour cornbread yummy to my tummy blue bread tastes awesome and wild onions oh gawd i want some now i always have those when i go up to a stomp dance or sumthing i havent had sour cornbread in a long time though us creeks like things sour hehehe have you guys ever had sour sofke man ive never tried it cause its just no but i know a couple of peeps that will eat that im ewwww

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
      You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly?¿?

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****

Comment

my Creek man LOVES sofki, but he likes the sweet kind. Which is weird b/c he loves everything else sour.....
        Did you go to that Stomp in Kellyville Euchee??? We almost went cuz we were in Eufala for a family reunion but got in later than we planned.

Comment

no i didnt good thing u didnt it was postponed because one of the members died so its now gonna happen this saturday then the next saturday the 19 is duckcreeks arbor dance then the 25 is ribbon dance and a half night at duckcreek and then their greencorn is the 26 and then polecats arbor is the 2nd of june and our lizard dance is the 8th and then the 9th is our greencorn yea the sweet sofke is good whats your mans name if hes creek i might know him

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling

Comment

Chibo's N' Thangs

Do ya eat that Squirrel Soup? I wanna try it! Do ya make the frybread out of the biskets? Madou!
            ChiChiBoFumbie Stalustie!
            Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~ runs into OK room.. looks around... okay Candae princess now what.. LOL... nawwww just jokes.. 6 pages and still goin strong... there you happy?.. hehehehehehe
              "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

Squirrels are soooo cute!! How could you eat one???? The got little ears, fluffy tails and little bitty hands. They are just cute.
                Happy wet Thursday to everyone. I think everyone around here got rain last night and this morning. Have a great day and hopefully we'll see sunshine today!!!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?????? ANYBODY??????????? :)

Comment

First of all, when life hands you lemons do tequila shots...aye!

Secondly, squirrels are da bomb! I love to eat em! Especially singed....on a steek!

Third I got a lot of rain! No sun yet, can't wait for the sun!

Everything I do is fun! Can't wait to go to Sun N Fun! Wayyyyy!
                  Rezdoll
                  Refuses any acknowledgement of any involvement with creamed corn.

Comment

What makes Oklahoma great?

The good ndn athletes that play here in state. It was damn good to see nuttin but skinz at the OKC Fairgrounds for the 3A State Basketball Tournament. No whites and no blacks, them skinz brought the house down.

Not everything is OU round here. They do football real well and thatsa no brainer, especially gainst them horns from tejas. But OSU does very well in all sports. National Wrestling Champions, Big 12 Champs and Final Four Men's Basketball, Big 12 Champs in Baseball. But their women's programs stink. OU has an excellent women's Basketball team.

Once in awhile TU plays some basketball.

But the bestest of things is all the fine ndn babes in this here state. Specially dem kinds that can flat make bread, and kidney gravy and/or steam fry or chicken and dumplings, or fry that kick azzzz catfish. Gawd dang!!!! Then tops it off by some fine people making just skillet bread and corn soup, better yet just boiled meat, gawt dang......

Then to top everything off, ya can run off and 49 at a place called "True Loves", Wheeler Park, Gregs Corner, Stroud Pow-wow, Pawnee Powwow, hell even drop into the Mint Bar before going to the nine. Wished Mohawk Park was still a pow-wow errr 49 grounds, it was tha bomb!!!!!

Comment

ohhh now im hungry i want squirrel oh oh thats da bomb now im gonna have to go get my club:Hammer and go and run and get me some squirrels and then deep fry them hehe and get some frybread :7: yummy

Comment

HAPPY FRIDAY TO EVERYONE IN OKLAHOMA, AND ALL OVER ACTUALLY! I hope everyone has a goot weekend and if you're where it's at this weekend, we'll see ya
                        there! I want updates on what you crazy okies did over the weekend. So be good, behave, and if not....be careful!!!! Buchhh

Comment

Happy Friday to you too! CandaePrincess and everyone else!

Im from Oklahoma too.. My Father is from OKC.. but moved to Eufala when i think he was about 10.. im not for sure.. tho.. He told me he used to eat squirrel and he said he ate dog soup before.. yuck!.. lol

..Hutal Kalalkee..
                          Animals strike not from malice,
                          but because they want to live,
                          it is the same with those who criticize,
                          they desire our blood, not our pain.
                          &
                          Yes i drew that..Picture up thuurr :)

Comment

buh?!?!?!?!? dog soup ewwwwwwww :50: :rofl2:

Comment

yea.. lol dog soup.. dog stew.. something like that.. nasty huh..

..HutalKalalkee..
                              Animals strike not from malice,
                              but because they want to live,
                              it is the same with those who criticize,
                              they desire our blood, not our pain.
                              &
                              Yes i drew that..Picture up thuurr :)

Comment

I am more partial to chicken noodle stew, and beef stew. MMMmmmm...my wife makes this soup called Taco soup, that has browned beef, rotel tomatoes, creme of mushroom soup, and taco seasoning....its reall goot the next day....and crackers to carry some of the heat away...
                                Kio-Manche
                                Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.