Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I would've been watching them back in 71!!!! BUT I WASN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF YET.

*L* ROFL.

And yeah, the OU girls are going to FREAKIN ROCK this year! And that plumley girl will be playing this year too!!! Should be really awesome this year.

Next we'll hear about how Josiah played basketball since he was -2. *L*

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

• Originally posted by CandaePrincess
      well I would've been watching them back in 71!!!! BUT I WASN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF YET.

*L* ROFL.

And yeah, the OU girls are going to FREAKIN ROCK this year! And that plumley girl will be playing this year too!!! Should be really awesome this year.

Do basketballs bounce well on dirt?
      "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• yep!

Comment

well I would've been watching them back in 71!!!! BUT I WASN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF YET.

*L* ROFL.

Nope not Basketball built too low to the ground for that....

But hey when we were at the OKC powwow in August the Coach of the Girls Basketball team was With the Plumley Girl and they had an honor dance for her!
          It was kewl

Hi Candae Princess
          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
          Till I Die!

Comment

• Good morning dangit!!!!!!! *L* Everyone wake up!!!! There's pow wows this weekend! I'll be at Standing Bear this weekend. Anyone coming up for it??? I already know TWO PEEPS who won't be there.......won't mention any names.....dang them. *L*

Comanche fair is this weekend too!!!!!

OU doesn't play this weekend.......boring!!!!!

Guess we need to get ready for Texas..........

Comment

• Originally posted by ok24stacey
              Do basketballs bounce well on dirt?
              So what are we try to say here?????
              Hmmmm
              older than dirt eh?
              hahahahahaha
              No just aged to perfection
              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
              Till I Die!

Comment

• I wonder why my avy changes all my pic posts when I change, but I have noticed other peeps have diff. pics on diff. posts.........

makes me want to say....hmmmmmmmmm...............................

Okay, no one is typing, so I'll take liberties. We watched the Lake House last night. It was good. I wish it was Thursday, and my dogs need a bath........bad.

I finished the book I was reading by Roz Bailey. Now I'm going to start on another one. I am a day late at returning the Roz Bailey book (7 day loan). I hope they don't charge me, they'll probably just look at me mean when I take it back to the library.

Here's a thought; Why doesnt' anyone go to the library anymore? I love our city library, it's all old looking, real classic style. It's neat to go in there and they keep it nice. But usually I am just in and out....grab a book and go. *L*

If no one has read "Neither wolf nor dog"

READ IT!!!! It's really good.

Comment

• Hey everyone:)

Hey Candae', ya got the scoop on Standing Bear this weekend?? Inquiring minds want to know:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiah
                    So what are we try to say here?????
                    Hmmmm
                    older than dirt eh?
                    hahahahahaha
                    No just aged to perfection
                    That lame joke I made is sooooo yesterday.
                    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

I wonder why my avy changes all my pic posts when I change, but I have noticed other peeps have diff. pics on diff. posts.........

makes me want to say....hmmmmmmmmm...............................

Okay, no one is typing, so I'll take liberties. We watched the Lake House last night. It was good. I wish it was Thursday, and my dogs need a bath........bad.

I finished the book I was reading by Roz Bailey. Now I'm going to start on another one. I am a day late at returning the Roz Bailey book (7 day loan). I hope they don't charge me, they'll probably just look at me mean when I take it back to the library.

Here's a thought; Why doesnt' anyone go to the library anymore? I love our city library, it's all old looking, real classic style. It's neat to go in there and they keep it nice. But usually I am just in and out....grab a book and go. *L*

If no one has read "Neither wolf nor dog"

READ IT!!!! It's really good.
                      Someone else was telling me about that book. I'll have to check it out. We have a library right by my work and I love it. They take requests, too....so I can toss in a request for a audioversion of a book and a couple months later, viola! Another satisfied customer

Comment

• Standing Bear

I'm hoping that CandaePrincess has a bit more than what was offered up in the Ponca paper but I'll share this anyway..lol Last year it was Sunday night as well so I'm not completely sure on times.

Standing Bear Powwow Scheduled

The 13th annual Standing Bear Powwow will be held Friday and Saturday.

All six north central Oklahoma tribes (Kaw, Osage, Otoe-Missouria, Pawnee, Ponca and Tonkawa) are co-hosting this year's powwow.

This will be the second year that all six tribes have served as co-hosts.

The members of this year's tribal host committee are, Tammy Cunningham, Staci EagleElk, Mildred Hudson, Lucy Kent, Anthony Killscrow, JoAnn O'Bregon, Cheryl Roughface, Nellie Roughface, Alice Sheeder, Amanda Wamego and Mildred Warrior.

The two-day event will begin with gourd dancing at 6 p.m. on Friday, followed by the selection of the new Standing Bear Princess, intertribal and contest dancing. Saturday's activities will begin with gourd dancing at 1 p.m. There will be a traditional meal at 5:30 followed by intertribal and contest dancing.

All activities will be held at Standing Bear Park, located at Highways 60 and Old 177. The event is free and open to the public and sponsored in part by the Oklahoma Arts Council. For additional information, call T.L Walker, executive director, at (580) 762-1514.
                        OrangePridendnds1
                        "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
                        Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
                        ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
                        Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

That lame joke I made is sooooo yesterday.
                          It took till today to answer it and now it is Tomorrow
                          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                          Till I Die!

Comment

Someone else was telling me about that book. I'll have to check it out. We have a library right by my work and I love it. They take requests, too....so I can toss in a request for a audioversion of a book and a couple months later, viola! Another satisfied customer
                            I use to go to the Library all the time now I just wait for the movie
                            1000 pages in 2 hours and I can eat popcorn also...
                            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                            Till I Die!

Comment

• Standing Bear Pow wow

September 29th and 30th

MC – ARCHIE MASON
                              HEAD SINGER – OLIVER LITTLECOOK
                              HEAD MAN DANCER – MILTON CUNNINGHAM
                              HEAD LADY DANCER – 60/07 STANDING BEAR PRINCESS
                              ARENA DIRECTORS – LEROY ENLOE/WES HUDSON
                              WATER BOYS – SKYLER BLUEBACK/ARTHUR BLUEBACK
                              HOST GOURD CLAN – OSAGE GOURD CLAN
                              COLOR GUARD – AMERICAN LEGION BUFFALO POST 38

FRIDAY

GOURD DANCING – 6:00PM
                              GRAND ENTRY – 7:00PM
                              PRINCESS SELECTION
                              INTERTRIBAL DANCING
                              TINY TOTS
                              JR/TEEN DIVISION CONTESTS
                              GOLDEN AGE WOMEN CONTEST
                              EXHIBITION DANCING

SATURDAY

GOURD DANCING – 1:00PM
                              SPECIALS (AFTERNOON ONLY)
                              TRADITIONAL MEAL 5:30PM
                              GRAND ENTRY – 7:00PM
                              INTERTRIBAL DANCING
                              ADULT CONTESTS

$1000 MEN’S FANCY DANCE WINNER TAKE ALL
                              $1000 WOMEN’S BUCKSKIN DANCE WINNER TAKE ALL

PRIZE MONEY WILL BE AWARDED TO TINY TOTS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THEIR COMPETITION. ALL OTHER PRIZE MONEY WILL BE AWARDED AT THE CLOSE OF SATURDAY EVENING’S COMPETITION.
                              ALL DANCERS MUST BE IN DANCE CLOTHES TO RECEIVE PRIZE MONEY.
                              MUST HAVE VALID IDENTIFICATION WHEN REGISTERING FOR CONTEST.
                              Last edited by CandaePrincess; 09-28-2006, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• A Great Big Thank You!!!

Thanks girl!! You are awesome. Knew you'd have that info somewhere. Hopefully we'll see you this weekend. I think Chris is planning to camp with some of our friends there so we should be around.

Hope you are all having a great Thursday!! The weekend is around the corner!!

OP1
                                OrangePridendnds1
                                "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
                                Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
                                ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
                                Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.