This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! TGIF!!!!

Anyone got the details about the dance at Bacone? It is supposed to be nice tomorrow................much better than the chilly, windy rain we have now! Brrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Quapaw
      Hey guys! TGIF!!!!

Anyone got the details about the dance at Bacone? It is supposed to be nice tomorrow................much better than the chilly, windy rain we have now! Brrrrrrrr
      I know that they're having contests in Mens Fancy, Straight and I think Traditional (pays $300.00, $200.00, and $100.00), and Ladies Southern and Northern---I'm guessing cloth and buckskin are combined, with same payouts as the men.

Comment

• 15th Annual Enid Powwow 4th November

Originally posted by CandaePrincess
        can you also post the head staff for the Enid dance? we might just make a trip down there that weekend. hubby was even talking about it.
        Head Staff
        Headman: Mark Bolin
        Headlady: Casey Tsoodle
        MC:Tony Arkeketa
        Head Singer:Vernon Cy Ahtone
        Head GourdDancer: Chris Choney
        Contest Information
        All Categories juniors and adults....categories may be combined if necessary.....Men's Grass Special sponsored by Mark Bolin and Family
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

• I hope it warms up soon.....I am having a yard sale this saturday. My brother said that there is a stickball game at Bacone against Haskell sometime Saturday afternoon. I got an email about a Masquarade powwow in Claremore at the race track on Sunday.
          @}-->-->--BuckskinRose--<--<--{@

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckskinrose
            I hope it warms up soon.....I am having a yard sale this saturday. My brother said that there is a stickball game at Bacone against Haskell sometime Saturday afternoon. I got an email about a Masquarade powwow in Claremore at the race track on Sunday.
            I got a call last night from one of my Cherokee brothers about this dance at Claremore, the Cherokee Gourd Society will be host gourd, guess I'll be making that one too, along with Bacone. Wow, two different dances in two days, who say's powwow season is over?

Comment

• Wildbird Singers halloween dance
              Sunday, October 29, 2006
              1 p.m.-5p.m. Gourd Dance
              6 p.m.-?? Round Dance & Intertribal

Mc-jeff wilson
              hs-brian quetone
              hm-drew dreadfulwater
              hl-allana buffalohead
              hgd-cherokee gourd society
              dinner in memory of the late billie atkins
              switch dance-indian clown contest-masquerade contests
              contact-john arkeketa-918-851-6767

Comment

• I'm baaaaack and I'm tired. lol..... I had such a great time it was hard to leave BUT I missed my family and I missed my Okies.

Ndnkidz, are you passing out candy tomorrow night? If I dress up will you give me some, too? I'll say "trick or treat" and all that.....
                "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• Hi All,.....congrats to OU!!!!! they beat MIZZOU (football) this weekend gawww talkin about a YAY/AWE game lol I was a bit confused on who I wanted to win lol....GO OU!!!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ok24stacey
                    I'm baaaaack and I'm tired. lol..... I had such a great time it was hard to leave BUT I missed my family and I missed my Okies.

Ndnkidz, are you passing out candy tomorrow night? If I dress up will you give me some, too? I'll say "trick or treat" and all that.....
                    Depends on what you come dressed as
                    hahaha
                    lots of candy to be passed out though
                    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                    Till I Die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiah
                      Depends on what you come dressed as
                      hahaha
                      lots of candy to be passed out though
                      Oh and in all the excitement I did manage to catch the last 2 innings of the World Series. I was the only one in the bar that clapped when St Louis won...
                      "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• Good Morning Okies
                        Another week
                        Who too advantage of that extra Hour of sleep yesterday
                        Yawn
                        that felt goot

This weekend is Enid Powwow
                        Then Tulsa on the 11th
                        Who said Powwow Season was OVER

Not if they live in OK that is for sure!!!
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

Comment

• I made both powwow's over the weekend, Bacone was a good one, we had a great gourd session and there were quite a few good dancers showed up too. Even ran into WhoMe at the drum. Claremore was small, but a lot of fun. The only drawback is I'm pretty tired today, lack of sleep, and it's Monday. Had a lot of fun though, it was really great to run into so many friends at Bacone and dance with the Kiowa Gourd Clan, then dance with the Cherokee Gourd society on Sunday and see the potato dance, switch dance, halloween costumes and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ok24stacey
                            I'm baaaaack and I'm tired. lol..... I had such a great time it was hard to leave BUT I missed my family and I missed my Okies.

yep i have a bigggggggggggggg bowl of candy..this will be the first year i have ever been able to give candy out to trick or treaters.. lol lived in the country for to many years...AND I WANNA HEAR YA SAY IT LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.. HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
                            "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

• Originally posted by NDNKIDZ
                              yep i have a bigggggggggggggg bowl of candy..this will be the first year i have ever been able to give candy out to trick or treaters.. lol lived in the country for to many years...AND I WANNA HEAR YA SAY IT LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.. HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
                              hahahahaha.....

I'll bring Snow White and her dwarf by then. I'll throw a sheet over my head and chop my legs off at the knees if the candy is any kind of chocolate.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDNKIDZ
                                Trick or Treat!!!

Ummmm...got any Snickers?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.