Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy hollowwing as some of these lil kaw- on kids would say haha but a lil info on a pow wow should be a goot 1
    welcome home honor dance for sgt.leonard k. cozad

fri. Nov.24th comanche community center at apache okla.
    mc eddie mahseet
    head gourd dance singer, leonard cozad,jr.
    head war dance singer: larry cozad
    head gourd dancer:joe fish dupoint
    head war dancer :beaushee wildcat
    head lady:tracey satepauhoodle
    honored fam. princess:elaina cozad-torres
    ad: cletis gayton/mark quintana
    honored color guard :ton-kon-gaht
    security: freddy banderas

1pm kiowa scalp dance&victory ,shuffle dance, charging songs
    2:30 pm gourd dance
    5:30 supper break
    7pm processional, kiowa war mothers songs social and war dance ,contest begins
    lots of ah- hong -ya for you contesters, hope to see all my people there ah-ho

Comment

• happy halloween to all you Okies!

Keep warm tonight!
      @}-->-->--BuckskinRose--<--<--{@

Comment

• A Whome Sighting????

The Most Famous and very reclusive Whome a Powwow.com Author and Teller of Tall Tales has been sighted!!!
        Whome has been absent from his usual haunts here at Powwow dot Com for several months

It has been rumoured that Whome is on a Tour of Powwows around the country just showing up and sitting in on the Drum showing the Lads how its done "Old School Style"
        There has been reports that Whome has been sighted in several locations as far away as Hawaii and even Georgia at a Gathering!!!
        But until now those were just Rumours that could not be verified!!!
        Last Weekend Whome was sighted sitting at the Drum here in the great state of Oklahoma!!!
        This has been confirmed by a very reputable member of Powwow.com who wishes to remain anonymous
        So be on the Lookout for Whome
        You never know where he may show up next
        Could even be at a Powwow near YOU!!!
        Last edited by Josiah; 10-31-2006, 10:16 AM.
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

• I assure you Big D the WhoMe is alive and well and even lookin good! Well, you know, as good as can be expected, lol. You ought to get over to the eastern side of the state more often Josiah, it's a happening place to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by streamhawk
            I assure you Big D the WhoMe is alive and well and even lookin good! Well, you know, as good as can be expected, lol. You ought to get over to the eastern side of the state more often Josiah, it's a happening place to be.
            I got a message from him last week but was thinking it could have been a..............WhoMe............imposter. Be careful for those, too.
            "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• Originally posted by ok24stacey
              I got a message from him last week but was thinking it could have been a..............WhoMe............imposter. Be careful for those, too.
              heh. So, how was that trip to the left coast anyway? Have big fun? What did ya do? And more importantly, what did ya eat?
              Last edited by streamhawk; 10-31-2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

heh. So, how was that trip to the left coast anyway? Have big fun? What did ya do? And more importantly, what did ya eat?
                It was so beautiful. I stayed in a town just North of San Fran. Lots of mountains and small bay areas where there was always some place to ride a bike or walk on a track. The weather was perfect, too. My friend lived on the side of a mountain that looked out over the little town of Larkspur. The city of San Fran was awesome. There is so much to do and see out there. I tried all sorts of new things. We went to an Asian place (Betelnut?)that was really good. I also had a bag of mini-donuts at the wharf. I could not go that long without eating something fried and those hit the spot. I like San Fran better than NYC even though they are somewhat alike, the San Fran people seem much nicer.

I stood on the Golden Gate bridge for a hot second but didn't hang out much. It was a little scary with those big trucks vibrating the road under your feet. yikes......
                "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• Happy Halloween to all the Okies! And everyone else who sneaks in and out of here!!! *L* Hope you all have a fun holiday and if anyone is taking out their trick or treaters, stay warm!!!! It's going to get cold tonight!!!!

I'm ready to go home.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

I assure you Big D the WhoMe is alive and well and even lookin good! Well, you know, as good as can be expected, lol. You ought to get over to the eastern side of the state more often Josiah, it's a happening place to be.
                    I know I know
                    Last time I was over that way, was last Spring at the Seqouyah High School for a Powwow
                    Funny thing is I am from there but hardly make it over that way anymore
                    But Tulsa is coming up and I will definetly be there!!!
                    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                    Till I Die!

Comment

• 15th Annual Enid Powwow

Saturday Nov. 4th, 2006
                      Mark Price Arena in Downtown Enid

Head Staff
                      HLD: Casey Tsoodle
                      HGD: Chris Choney
                      HMD: Mark Bolin
                      HS: Vernon Cy Ahtone
                      AD: TBA
                      MC: Tony Arkeketa
                      Co-Host: Southwest Vietnam Veterans

Schedule:
                      2:00pm Gourd dancing
                      5:30pm Supper
                      8:00pm Grand Entry
                      War Dance and Contest to Follow Registration after Supper.
                      (Women & Junior girls Cloth, Buckskin, Jingle/Fancy Shawl)
                      (Men & Junior boys Fancy, Straight, Traditional/Grass)
                      (Tiny Tots)

Arts and Crafts Welcome
                      Booth Rental $25.00

ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                      Till I Die!

Comment

• Sounds like you had a great time, you should maybe go back when you have more time Stacey, lots to do there. I've never been to San Fran, but been all up and down the southern coast, I have several relatives out there.

You guys have a boootiful day and a spooky evening!
                        Last edited by streamhawk; 10-31-2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiah
                          I know I know
                          Last time I was over that way, was last Spring at the Seqouyah High School for a Powwow
                          Funny thing is I am from there but hardly make it over that way anymore
                          But Tulsa is coming up and I will definetly be there!!!

Hey, I was at that dance too! It was a good one, those kids did a great job, I let them know that every chance I got. You need to come to Bell next year. I'll see you at Tulsa, looking forward to that.

Comment

• enid

See ya at enid..... you find me at the drum.....
                            Lata.....

Word!
                            Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

• ohhhhhhhh sugar overdose.......

Thanks for hooking me up with some sweets, Ndnkidz.....

Comment

• I'd just like to remind everyone that me and Taco's burfday is in 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

And I'll STILL be under 30....can't say about him though......*L*

I think there must be some kind of candy radar where I live b/c it was dead in the area of my mom's house, but damn if you couldn't get THROUGH trying to go down the street where I live. It was fun seeing all the costumes though.

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas folks......may not look like it, but it's COLDDDDD today!!! *L* (Still going walking though!!!)

In other news.......

why is it only Hump Day?????????????????????????? I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drum all day.......

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.