• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ok24stacey
    *~*~*
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by streamhawk
    careful with those critters and varmits Stacey. I'd about rather tangle with a rattlesnake than a buffalo, especially if it's in a foul mood. I got my own bit of paradise over here in the Ozarks, especially around the Buffalo River, but I sure enough love those Wichita's, sure do.
    That's what I told my Husband. He was more freaked out by the little rattlesnake than the two ton buffalo. I am fairly confident I could escape should the rattlesnake charge...lmao

I called out to Sasquatch but he didn't show himself. I was kind of hoping to see the ole boy. Maybe next time.
    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• streamhawk
      fish soothsayer
      • Mar 2005

the wind hasn't quite made it yet over here in the Arky Ozarks, but it's coming, along with the chance of sleet and maybe snow later today too. Is it spring yet?

Don't know about this weekend Josiah, next dance I'll make is the IICOT Christmas powwow on Dec 2nd at the Tulsa Expo Center. I went last year, it's a good dance, lots of good dancers last year, and Santa shows up later to dance with the kids. Hey, even the Grinch (yeah, the green dude) danced with him!

Comment

• ok24stacey
        *~*~*
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by CandaePrincess
        Good morning to all you dang okies!! It's hump day!!!! Only two more days til Friday!!!!!! Gotta love it. Okay, no news today.......except it is FREAKIN WINDY!!!!!!
        We may even get some snow flurries today!!!!! I miss snow.
        Hey Candae, I need some help with my avatar - do you contract out for stuff like that? (yours are always top-notch)

It is windy, I wasn't sure our little car could make it to work this morning. Next week is Thanksgiving!! Does anyone else go out on black Friday? We've ventured out the last few years and I kind of enjoy the level of competition some of those Mom's offer. It's a little nuts.....
        "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

• CandaePrincess
          that's not my name
          • Apr 2004

Hey Jo, you'll have to come up for the dances we have during Christmas out here at White Eagle. They dance Christmas Eve up to New Year's day, everyday! My clan's dance is pretty cool b/c they war dance in the afternoon and then gourd dance in the evening. KIDZ will need to come up here too!!!!!

Called out to Sasquatch???? (Who does that???) I don't call out to anything unless I'm looking for trouble. *L*

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

• CandaePrincess
            that's not my name
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ok24stacey
            Hey Candae, I need some help with my avatar - do you contract out for stuff like that? (yours are always top-notch)

It is windy, I wasn't sure our little car could make it to work this morning. Next week is Thanksgiving!! Does anyone else go out on black Friday? We've ventured out the last few years and I kind of enjoy the level of competition some of those Mom's offer. It's a little nuts.....
            LMAO@Contract out. *L* Nah but I can help you out if you want a new one. If you find a pic you like I'll help ya with resizing and all that fun stuff.

Comment

• ok24stacey
              *~*~*
              • Jun 2006

LMAO@Contract out. *L* Nah but I can help you out if you want a new one. If you find a pic you like I'll help ya with resizing and all that fun stuff.
              Alright, I'll see what I can dig up.

Comment

• streamhawk
                fish soothsayer
                • Mar 2005

That's what I told my Husband. He was more freaked out by the little rattlesnake than the two ton buffalo. I am fairly confident I could escape should the rattlesnake charge...lmao

I called out to Sasquatch but he didn't show himself. I was kind of hoping to see the ole boy. Maybe next time.

heh, I hear ya. Wonder if there's a mating season for ol Bigfoot? that wouldn't be good. Over here we have some diamondbacks, but more timber rattlers. What we have in abundance is copperheads and water mocs. I have a deal with all of them, I don't bother them if they return the favor. Now a big buffalo in a bad mood, that's alltogether a different story. You even have to watch out for bull elk here during the rut, they can get a serious attitude too.

Comment

• ok24stacey
                  *~*~*
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by streamhawk
                  heh, I hear ya. Wonder if there's a mating season for ol Bigfoot? that wouldn't be good. Over here we have some diamondbacks, but more timber rattlers. What we have in abundance is copperheads and water mocs. I have a deal with all of them, I don't bother them if they return the favor. Now a big buffalo in a bad mood, that's alltogether a different story. You even have to watch out for bull elk here during the rut, they can get a serious attitude too.
                  It's funny because we've seen lots of deers and they take one look and run away. It's the same with female Elk and babies but the bull elks and buffalo don't even flinch. So if they want my respect....uhm it's theirs.

Comment

• streamhawk
                    fish soothsayer
                    • Mar 2005

the bull elks and buffalo don't even flinch. So if they want my respect....uhm it's theirs.
                    I'm with you there. I've rounded the bend out wade fishing on the Buffalo River once and came up on a bull elk taking a drink. He snorted, pawed the ground, and lowered a rack big enough I could lay on, just staring at me snorting. I was like, "whoa big fella, it's your house, I'm cool, hope you are too". He stared at me, snorted in disgust, and slowly walked back into the forest.

Comment

• Josiah
                      Powwow Dude
                      • Jun 2005

Josiah.....take a rest this weekend DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people might not be feeling too WELL and need their REST!!!! *L*
                      Too Funny
                      Whom do you think asked me if there was a Dance this weekend???
                      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                      Till I Die!

Comment

• CandaePrincess
                        that's not my name
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Josiah
                        Too Funny
                        Whom do you think asked me if there was a Dance this weekend???
                        that would make sense......*L*

Take a break some weekend and come visit me!!!!! Dangit!

Is it lunch time yet??? I dont' know what to have for lunch....they're having burgers, chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak sandwiches, soup or salad for lunch. Then I have a can of chicken noodle soup, or I could run home and have some leftover chili I made last night. I do know one thing....IT'S COLD OUTSIDE.

wait....

The weather outside is frightful. *L* whayyyy

Comment

• streamhawk
                          fish soothsayer
                          • Mar 2005

that would make sense......*L*

The weather outside is frightful. *L* whayyyy
                          But the fire is so delightful............

Comment

• streamhawk
                            fish soothsayer
                            • Mar 2005

whaa? no sing-along?? c'mon now, where's that holidaze spirit?

Comment

• Josiah
                              Powwow Dude
                              • Jun 2005

Let it snow
                              Let it snow
                              Let it snow

hahahaha
                              Actually I have a fire going, a very good friend has been giving me wood off of his place and it burns very good since it is really seasoned

You never know Candae when some Okies may show up wanting some fried bread and soup
                              LOL
                              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                              Till I Die!

Comment

• CandaePrincess
                                that's not my name
                                • Apr 2004

*L* I was thinking Ribs and beer myself.....Okay, mermosas for the girls. *L*

I had hominy and beef this weekend, they made almost like a soupy gravy. YUM!!!!!! I usually just do corn soup w/beef and hominy w/pork or pork roast. I'm making some hominy and beef this weekend!!!! Too mussy. *L*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.