accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accents

I heard on the airwaves this morning that..
    People are more likely to listen to a commercial/advertisement in which the spokesperson has an accent THAN listen to one which has a person speaking with no accent. They provided one of each and the one with the accent did sound more 'interesting'. :p What do y'all think?

I don't think it's neccesarily the accent that catches my ear, but rather the projection or how unusual the voice is. I cannot stand high pitched voices or accents that butcher the english language.

Comment

one time on this flight the lady was all ending her lil spill on airline safety in the wrong spots. Everyone got quiet to listen and then everyone started talking over her again about how she was difficult to understand. So i'm sure she did it to make people listen but it worked out that she just gave them something else to talk about. *L*

She was like:

Please peo
      ple put on your seatbelt and turn all cell
      phones off we will be leav
      ing the runway in a few sec
      onds ... blah blah blah...

it was wierd....
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I tend to pay more attention to those commercials/advertisements where the spokesperson is a hot chic in a low cut shirt. The fact that she can speak, accent or not, is a plus.
        A bit of health advice:
        "Every time you sit in with a drum means that you've sat in with every person who has ever sat in with that drum before."
        -Dr. Watson

Comment

I think it's true..

Accents are cool.. :D.. as long as I can understand what they're saying! :Chatter
          Hockey is soul food.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinglin Chica
            I think it's true..

Accents are cool.. :D.. as long as I can understand what they're saying! :Chatter

*LOL* I totally agree!
            He's the type of rez I like
            ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Originally posted by Jinglin Chica
              I think it's true..

heeeyyy baby....:49: you're accent turns me on!!! :Blush :uptosomet

Comment

We Northerners dont have any accents here us...:p

*LMAO*
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

When i hear someone talking with an accent, I listen more to understand what they are saying.
                  yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

Originally posted by bettles
                    I don't think it's neccesarily the accent that catches my ear, but rather the projection or how unusual the voice is. I cannot stand high pitched voices or accents that butcher the english language.
                    I agree. Everyday I have to speak with technicians who are in India and they totally butcher the english language. As they learn the english language they are told to use American slang and American idioms and it just doesn't come out right.
                    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
                    BLAISE PASCAL

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie

*LMAO*
                      OMG - you must live near me you boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
                        OMG - you must live near me you boy!
                        yek...ever good us too boy!
                        Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 06-03-2004, 10:29 PM.
                        "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie

*LMAO*
                          You sure do have an accent. Now me, y'all know that I don't have one. I speak perfectly,good, southern english. Watch, y'all come back now ya hear. See, perfect .
                          Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

LOL. I know I have an accent, I Guess I sound like Meg Ryan in "Against the Ropes", even tho I can hear how funny she talks LOL.

Comment

i wish i had a accent if i did i want it to b sexy .....LMao

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.