It Has Come To My Attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Has Come To My Attention

First of all, I would like to thank all of the people who have dedicated their work and time to make this site the place it is. And I would also like to thank the people who have chosen to help me along my journey, you know who you are:D

I have decided that this site does not fit my life any more. I am sickened by a certain core group of people whom I have seen in my eyes, do nothing but complain about this, bash others, myself included. This has gone too far, and I no longer wish to be part of it. I don't know if I ever did anything to you, and if I did, I appoligize. But think for one minute where I am coming from, or try walking a mile in my shoes, know what I mean?! " Judge not lest ye be judged" I am trying to live my life in a positive way, and being here, seeing the BS that goes on in a daily basis, no longer fits what I seek.

I am not leaving out of remarks made to myself, but rather to move on with my life! I am doing well, and feel that this just needs to be left on its own.

To those of you who may want to keep in touch with me, cool! There are ways, and there are people on here to do know how to get in touch with me if needed.

Keep up the great work Paul, I wish yall the best with your endeavours in regards to this site.

"A tout le monde, A tout les amis, je vous aime, je doir partir"

And remember, there is a thing called KARMA! :Thumbs

It is a sad day when you feel like this!
    Sometimes it is better to just not look in that direction!

I wonder how many people really think about the comments that they read or make after they go off line .

I have caught myself on occasion wondering about some of the stuff I read, good and bad!

A few bad reps and snide comments or judgements made by other folks are disheartening!

I have found some great folks here and have been made welcome by most.

Paul has gone to great lengths to make this a place to be proud of! Hats off to him!

Granted some things should be taken to the 49 for our youth who may look on this site and see the things you speak of in your post. But I am not the powers that be !

Karma.. what goes around comes around... and sticks like glue!
    Good day to you RR!

Comment

:Cry

Comment

Originally posted by Journey
        It is a sad day when you feel like this!
        Sometimes it is better to just not look in that direction!

I wonder how many people really think about the comments that they read or make after they go off line .

I have caught myself on occasion wondering about some of the stuff I read, good and bad!

A few bad reps and snide comments or judgements made by other folks are disheartening!

I have found some great folks here and have been made welcome by most.

Paul has gone to great lengths to make this a place to be proud of! Hats off to him!

Granted some things should be taken to the 49 for our youth who may look on this site and see the things you speak of in your post. But I am not the powers that be !

Karma.. what goes around comes around... and sticks like glue!
        Good day to you RR!
        Thank you 'Journey'. Your post made me smile. Riverwoman, I know exactly how you feel having been the recipient of 'same'. Sometimes the hostility and negativity defended with "we be jokin'" just isn't a joke anymore; and it doesn't matter what the topic is they will tear you down for their own pleasure. Johnathan Windy Boy was interviewed by Indian Country Today (I believe that was the paper) about his many accomplishments: those for his tribe, those as a Legislator for Montana, and those as a Champion grassdancer. When asked how he coped with success and all it brings with it he spoke of the "crab in the bucket" syndrome. This being that when someone experiences a certain amount of success in life or appears to have a life others would 'die for', there are always going to be those individuals who will go out of their way to tear you down. I thought of this when I read Baby Doll's thread on jealousy. Whatever path THESE people have walked has made them jealous, bitter, negative, and needing to have someone else they can pick on so they feel better about themselves. Even to the point of ridiculing others--which I take as disrespect. Windy Boy went on to say that to cope with these 'crabs' he had to keep walking his path, live to the standard he had set for himself and ignore the naysayers. We have to at some point. It isn't healthy to surround ourselves with negativity.

Frankly, I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are doing, Riverwoman. I've been on this board a long time--different names--but some look at your username and the date and assume you are a newbie, a wannabe and the attacks begin. You, too, have been on this site a long time. And as you've found, people have a hard time letting go their anger or prejudice once they have formed an opinion of who they think you are. I can't help but wonder if they put themselves under the microscope if they would like what they see? Then, again, they would probably use the same pair of rose colored glasses they wear when dealing so unkindly with others and not see their behavior as unnecessary and mean--after all, it's all for fun, a joke, ain't it?

Not.

Best of luck to you, Riverwoman.
        Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Comment

Let me get your powwow points then.
          ~KB~

Comment

It is a shame that it has come to this. This is supposed to be a place for people to enjoy and learn from each other, not to hurt and tear each other down .
            Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

OMG ...LMAO its only the comp ...LMAO ppl take things to seriously...LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Kool Breeze
                Let me get your powwow points then.
                Well, if I go I sure will give to you, 'cause you gave to me! Kool=Cool! :38:
                Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                  I know huh...
                  Hockey is soul food.

Comment

If anything be very careful of personalizing.....I respect an articulate well thought out post. Yes individuals here just love to raz one another and yes at times it may get out of hand, but why throw the proverbial towel in? Hey your free to do whatever you choose, but it's so easy to give up right? Frustration seems to wane after a while. You do indeed never quite know just who your talking to, or raising hell with, but in a sense that's the intrigue of this place.....So i've come to take what people say with a grain of salt. There are however some pretty cool people here.
                    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                      'its only the comp'...not sure what you mean by this but if it is in reference to the rep points, that is small potatoes next to the comments that some people around here make that are hurtful and mean. Hit and run tactics are for children. Humor ceases to be humor when someone is hurt. I'm tired of folks rationalizing their bad behavior by putting it back on the other person by saying "I be jokin'." or "ppl take things too serious". That is a cop out. But I know I'm wasting my breath because the excuses have now begun... I deal with too many dysfunctional people at work, I don't need to put up with them here. We used to be a kinder people. Sometimes I wonder what happened to that inherent Native concept of 'community' first, 'individual' second.

Comment

Yall know she aint going no where, she's just gonna change screen names. People who really wanna leave dont bother taking the time to post a thread looking for some sympathy... trying to find out who's gonna be all heartbroken if they dont come back on the site. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but guess what? The sun is still gonna come up tomorrow, the world is still gonna be spinning, people are still gonna go to work, and threads are gonna continue to be posted on this site... but if you really do decide to go, dont forget to send me those powwow points.
                        ~KB~

Comment

PSHHHHHHHH who gives a damn about the rep points there only points on the COMP if i was gettin rep points in the REAL world then i would worry but this is only cyber world so i dont give a damn bad rep if u want dont matter....LMao

Comment

Originally posted by Kool Breeze
                            Yall know she aint going no where, she's just gonna change screen names. People who really wanna leave dont bother taking the time to post a thread looking for some sympathy... trying to find out who's gonna be all heartbroken if they dont come back on the site. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but guess what? The sun is still gonna come up tomorrow, the world is still gonna be spinning, people are still gonna go to work, and threads are gonna continue to be posted on this site... but if you really do decide to go, dont forget to send me those powwow points.
                            I'm gonna send you some just for telling it like it is!

Comment

Be careful...

Originally posted by Healing Daughter
                              'its only the comp'...not sure what you mean by this but if it is in reference to the rep points, that is small potatoes next to the comments that some people around here make that are hurtful and mean. Hit and run tactics are for children. Humor ceases to be humor when someone is hurt. I'm tired of folks rationalizing their bad behavior by putting it back on the other person by saying "I be jokin'." or "ppl take things too serious". That is a cop out. But I know I'm wasting my breath because the excuses have now begun... I deal with too many dysfunctional people at work, I don't need to put up with them here. We used to be a kinder people. Sometimes I wonder what happened to that inherent Native concept of 'community' first, 'individual' second.
                              Humor is the Foundation.........

Usually from what i've experienced....Geez I can remember being teased and teased....still....This is just how it is....All this about some utopian Indian society that exisited um teenth years ago is melo dramatic at best. Your walking into a bee's hive....Although this might be your intent? When it comes to laughing though...do just that....I don't know I just get the impression there is more to this.....
                              "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.