A Newbie's Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Newbie's Welcome

Hey y'all, I'm new here and I just wanted to say hey to all of you and thanx to the folks that gave me rep points...you rock!![/

:Wave Welcome Newbie Happy Postings to ya may tha Force be wit Chu ;)
    *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

welcome

:agree?:
      nice to meet cha... join the fun

:p << my fav smilie...
      "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Welcome!
        Everybody Powwow !!!!!

Comment

hiya SeminoleSister....nice to meet ya...come on in and have a great time! :D
          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Venting!!!!

Alright y'all,
            I just needed to get this out before I go nuts on somebody. So, I am talking to some of my friends online when one of my friends decides to invite her boyfriend to the chat room. I'm like, that's fine, he may feel a bit uncomfortable with the female talk tho. So anyway, we get to talking about genetics and family and whatnot...when he makes this smartassed comment about me being mixed.
            First he asks "So...what are you?"

I say, "5'3 and 107 lbs"

He, "No, I mean, are you like some kind of race or something?"

I said, "I'm mixed...Cuban, Native, Irish, and Black"

He, "O, are you sure? YOu don't act like you are mixed. I mean, where's your feathers and how come you don't speak spanish? Are you just black and trying to get govt. money?"

I thought I was going to spear him

Comment

Originally posted by SeminoleSista
              Alright y'all,
              I just needed to get this out before I go nuts on somebody. So, I am talking to some of my friends online when one of my friends decides to invite her boyfriend to the chat room. I'm like, that's fine, he may feel a bit uncomfortable with the female talk tho. So anyway, we get to talking about genetics and family and whatnot...when he makes this smartassed comment about me being mixed.
              First he asks "So...what are you?"

I say, "5'3 and 107 lbs"

He, "No, I mean, are you like some kind of race or something?"

I said, "I'm mixed...Cuban, Native, Irish, and Black"

He, "O, are you sure? YOu don't act like you are mixed. I mean, where's your feathers and how come you don't speak spanish? Are you just black and trying to get govt. money?"

I thought I was going to spear him
              OMG :Shocked and what is he?Girl don't even worry about him,he just showed how ignorance is still a major problem today.I feel ya though, I'm Native,Scottish and Sengalese(blk) and people always question me.If you know who you are that's all that really matters and he's not your boyfriend so he can just mind his own buisness.Be proud of who you are.He probably don't know nuttin' about his family ties.Keep ya head up girlie
              Err body in da club eatin chips!

A part of me feels so bad but ooh not that bad

Comment

Oh I am totally okay now....I am just so freaking tired of this ignorance...I mean, people should know by now about the laws of genetics, culture, and just plain common sense to know that anybody could be anything without the aid of general stereotypes. I guess I should be used to it by now, it has been going on since the day I was born.
                Oh well,
                Pray for those who need it, right?

Comment

You know I figured I'd get used to it by now too since it's been happening since birth myself(I looked asian for a while and slowly got my color) and yet I'm not.I don't think I can get used to sad ignorance.I'm glad to hear that you are okay.Talk with you later
                  Chahta
                  Err body in da club eatin chips!

A part of me feels so bad but ooh not that bad

Comment

well welcome always happy to meet someone new. how did you get so many rep points already, i still don't have any, :( sad little me. lol, anyway did you ask your friend why she is with someone who is so ignorant? you know i do not think that you ever get used to the hate. my daughter is native and mexican and my son is native and black, maybe they will change the world, hee hee is that not one of the reasons we have children, to make us better. chin up girl
                    A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

:hey!:
                      Just arrived yesterday! I've never done this before so I'm kinda backward about what to say, although I did have to reply to some of the feedback I read from the one about white people dancing... it gets old hearing people making fun of those who say my grt gramma was Cherokee... cuz for some of us it's true, the problem is she traded off one culture for another & ripped us off without thinking about how it would effect the rest of us in the future.
                      Anyway, Hi to all & my grt gramma was Cherokee so that qualifies me like it or not. I'm not looking to claim anything, Just proud of where I come from!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for being backward huh?!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsister
                        :hey!:
                        Just arrived yesterday! I've never done this before so I'm kinda backward about what to say, although I did have to reply to some of the feedback I read from the one about white people dancing... it gets old hearing people making fun of those who say my grt gramma was Cherokee... cuz for some of us it's true, the problem is she traded off one culture for another & ripped us off without thinking about how it would effect the rest of us in the future.
                        Anyway, Hi to all & my grt gramma was Cherokee so that qualifies me like it or not. I'm not looking to claim anything, Just proud of where I come from!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for being backward huh?!
                        welcome sister, join in and have fun. dive right in and add your two cents anywhere you want.
                        A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X