Trimming hair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimming hair...

Do you have your hair trimmed at all? If so you do it yourself? Go to a professional? Do you it on a full moon?... new moon? Or do you leave your long lovely locks alone?
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Trim? yea,once, but I think gal at vets office was on,well never mind, but she sure was *ithcy and mean. Didn't even detangle before she started. Think I need new vet?

Comment

I get my ends trimmed every once in a while, when they look like they need it. Makes your hair look nicer. I also heard that when you trim your ends, it helps your hair grow faster, but I don't know about that. If I don't get my ends trimmed, my hair looks stringy and scraggly, you know? Living down here near the beach, does a number to your hair. Going out into the salt water, the salty air, the wind whipping it around, and riding with the windows down does the same thing. Also, some people's hair breaks off when they brush it, so that cal leave your ends looking unkempt too. I use intense conditioning treatments too, between trims, helps keep hair nicer longer. I use Herbal Essences intensive blends triple conditioning system shampoo and conditioners, for dry or damaged hair. I also use the leave in cream treatment from the Herbal Essences company, but its only available in the US. Hot oil treatments every once in a while help too. Also, you have to watch the way you towel dry your hair, because taht can also break your hair, and use a wide toothed comb to untangle after you get out of the shower to prevent breakage. If you use a brush, untangle from the bottom of your hair, to the top. Uh...so anywayz....lol yeah I get my hair trimmed by a professional. I trim my grandmother's hair sometimes though.
      TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

Does shaving count? What about nose hairs? Be specific about your question.

A haircut from a hairstylist with a full moon? No she was kinda flat. A person with (I think) palemoon does it though.

It's a haircutting place in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
          Does shaving count?
          No.. shaving doesn't count. :Chatter

What about nose hairs? Be specific about your question.
          Good point! Thanks!

Kiwehnzii... do YOU trim your nose and ear hairs? :Tongue :rofl2:

A person with (I think) palemoon does it though.
          It's a haircutting place in town.
          Dang.. you let a white person near your hair??? You are so fearless!
          Last edited by Mato Winyan; 07-04-2004, 06:03 PM.
          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Awww my hair needs a trimming real bad! I will go to an ndn girl I know who cuts hair:D

Kiwehnzii's nose hairs needs a good trimming! I watched him and his lovely wife two-steppin together and she told me when she looked up and into her husbands eyes, she noticed the long nose hairs swaying to the romantic twosteppin sound of little island cree.

:D
            Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 07-04-2004, 09:49 PM.
            "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

*L* yea Kiwehnzii's nose hairs were all out of control... last time I seen him he had them painted blue and attached glass fire beads to them. he said something about traditional Ojibwe hair ties. hahaha
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

One piece of advice- I don't care how much you love walmart don't get your hair cut there. My stepdaughter's mom took her there to get her haircut just before my stepdaughter came to live with us and whoever chopped her hair messed it up bad and I mean bad. I never seen such a crooked hair cut before. It wasn't easy to fix but I did it.

Comment

I get it trimmed sometimes,most of the time i just dont think about it. I let an african-american lady named tootie cut it,or this hispanic woman,i cant remember her name. Had a white lady cut it once and she made me look like Tiffany on her 87 mall tour! You're not supposed to try to tease the native hair,its not right.

Jase
                  "We don't see things as they are,we see them as we are-Anais Nin"

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                    *L* yea Kiwehnzii's nose hairs were all out of control... last time I seen him he had them painted blue and attached glass fire beads to them. he said something about traditional Ojibwe hair ties. hahaha
                    Sounds like the hubby's boss - I had a hard time eating my dinner with that nasty stuff sitting across from me - the guy's getting a nose-hair trimmer for staff Xmas gift exchange regardless whose name we draw!

I recommend that Mrs Ki run out and get one of these:
                    http://www.conair.com/conair/product...sp?product=278
                    I got one for my hubby about 6 months ago - works goot!

Comment

I trim my hair whenever it needs to be trimmed.
                      I get one of my friends to do it, I have 2 friends that are cosmetologists (sp?) and they cut hair too..or whatever..
                      Last time my hair has been trimmed was in April, Its still healthy, shiny. No split ends and its definitely not dry :D
                      (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

My ends always break off at the first curl, so I hardly ever trim my hair. But when I do, I comb it all forward and do it myself. Then it has that slightly layered thing going on.

OMG, after I broke up with my ex-husband (again...yeah, I know:( ), he cut his hair short! It used to be down to his non-existant butt. Now I'm sure I won't even recognize him.
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                          *lmao*
                          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.