Low Carb Epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Carb Epidemic

Everywhere you look now its low carb this and low carb that. Dont eat vegetables, eat meat. Forget the peas, pass the roast. Fast food places now have low carb menus. Why? Its not like that food is any better for you. There's C2 Coke and Pepsi Edge. I just saw low carb Doritos. There's even low carb water. LOW CARB WATER?!?! I wonder what genius came up wth that. Anyway, its like people are under the presumption that junk food is now healthy because it has less carbs. Like they can still eat junk food and lose weight. People always gotta be looking for an easy way out... a quick fix. Every heard the saying "easy come, easy go'? I got a suggestion... how about exercising some portion control. Nobody's making you eat two tacos, a buffalo burger and then wash it down with a 32 oz lemonade. And if you really wanna lose weight, how about you get up off your fat @ss and go run a mile or two.
    ~KB~

whaaat!?!?!? now that's somethin' i never heard of low carb water huh? they musta slapped the labels on those water bottles like they did at all the fast food joints - it's def a money maker
    anywhoo... i agree w/what your sayin' KB... i think people should be physically active.... not sayin' you gotta run a marathon or even starve yourself, just portioin out your food and get some physical activity in.
    i think peeps can affor 30 mins. of physical activity a day.
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

DAMN the low carb!!!!!!

Haul out the whole effn' hog and let's eat!!!!!!!

You live but once, and if I die because of congestive heart failure, brought on by clogged arteries and suffer all the ills accompanied by weight gain........I say let it state for the record and on my tomb stone I ate well in life, and never left a plate on the table uncleaned!

Let it read....

"Didn't want to be a Lemming caught up in LOW CARB FEVER, so, chose his own path to demise following a pound cake to the Hereafter."

Geez, what a turn around ennit.

Used to be bein morbidly obese was a sign of wealth and prosperity in some countries. Now you barely weight over 100 pds and people call you fat azz!!!

LMAO!!!!!

If I wanna be fat........dammit! ...let me be fat!! If I wanna eat Crisco straight from the can.........dammit let me eat Crisco straight from the can!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
      "This next song goes out to some girls in dot com. They don't know who they are, but, it doesn't really matter anyway."

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde

Comment

I said it once before and I'll say it again...

If you want to lose weight, click on the X in the top right corner. Get off your butt and do something.
        ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Jumping on the Low Carb band wagon I am distributing Low Carb Lovin'... PM me for details.
          ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeEater
            Jumping on the Low Carb band wagon I am distributing Low Carb Lovin'... PM me for details.
            You gals best watch this......I heard it goes straight to her hips.

"A minute on the lips.....FOREVER.....on the hips!"

LMAO!!

.....could be potential for a nassy aftertaste too.

GAH!!!!!

Dang. Why'd I have to go there.
            "This next song goes out to some girls in dot com. They don't know who they are, but, it doesn't really matter anyway."

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde

Comment

Yep, it's too bad that a lot of the new low carb stuff is junk. All kinds of chemicals and sugar alcohols - AWFUL stuff.

BUT...for those of us who are following the low carb way of life and losing weight, being healthier, and keeping our blood sugar under control WITHOUT drugs...it's nice to have more variety of foods available.

It's also too bad that most people only hear PART of the low carb story. Atkins actually requires exercise and 3 cups of veggies a day on you right at the start. That's more than most people eat.

And hey KB! Can you buy me some low carb Doritos and overnight them? I'll pay you back on payday! :p
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Carbs shmarbs Give me a hunkin' piece of bannock anyday!! :D I have been a recreational runner for the past few years, so ppl around me figure I am this huge fitness guru. Now I am being asked about this whole low-carb diet thingy. I just tell them I don't believe in that stuff. It all boils down to calories. Calories in...calories out. You wanna gain some weight, take in lots of calories then sit and watch Jeopardy. Well...you get the jist.

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                  And hey KB! Can you buy me some low carb Doritos and overnight them? I'll pay you back on payday! :p
                  Hmmm, dunno if I can do all that. I saw them at Quiznos. Any Quiznos around your way?

Originally posted by ojibwaywmn
                  It all boils down to calories. Calories in...calories out.
                  Exactly... but they gotta be good calories tho. You cant eat say 2000 or 2500 calories of ice cream a day as your diet and expect to be healthy. People gotta learn how to eat somewhat balanced meals.
                  ~KB~

Comment

No Quiznos:( But thanks anyway.

The human body is so complicated...nobody really knows how it all works. Even the experts only have theories. And no two people have the exact same metabolism.

All I can say is I ate "right" - lowfat, and exercised regularly and gained weight steadily for 10 years. I really think stress is what did it to me (new job, new marriage, TEENAGERS ).

But sugar (and the starchy foods that break down into sugar) are like poison to my body. After learning to eat enough protein, the right fats, and fruit and veggies for fiber and nutrients (along with taking vitamins and calcium) not only have I lost a TON of weight, but I feel much better.

And my energy is through the roof. Ayes:p
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                      No Quiznos:( But thanks anyway.

The human body is so complicated...nobody really knows how it all works. Even the experts only have theories. And no two people have the exact same metabolism.

All I can say is I ate "right" - lowfat, and exercised regularly and gained weight steadily for 10 years. I really think stress is what did it to me (new job, new marriage, TEENAGERS ).

But sugar (and the starchy foods that break down into sugar) are like poison to my body. After learning to eat enough protein, the right fats, and fruit and veggies for fiber and nutrients (along with taking vitamins and calcium) not only have I lost a TON of weight, but I feel much better.

And my energy is through the roof. Ayes:p
                      Sugar is a killer. That's why half of these low fat foods you see dont help you lose weight. They cut the fat but then double up on the sugar to try to make up for taste. In the end, youre actually worse off. So not only does the weight not disappear, now you gotta worry about diabetes too.
                      ~KB~

Comment

Too TRUE!!

See KB, you believe in low-carb and didn't even know it! jks

Now loan me 2 bucks to buy some low carb water. Pay you back when I get my lease check.:p
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

ROFLMAO to smokeeater and Bo!!!! made my day LOL!
                          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I lost weight on the low carb thingy...but didn't like how fast I lost it. Like 8 lbs in a week. That's not kewl. But it all boils down to one thing....if you cut out a certain food group...no matter what food group, you'll lose weight. But it's not a good way to eat.
                            I would personally like to thank the Federal Gov't for giving the natives diabetes and heart disease and high blood pressure by giving us throw back food and calling it commodities. And also we as a population should thank the Gov't and FDA for using enriched wheat flour in everything which is a death wish in and of itself. All the good part of wheat is used to feed cows and pigs so the meat and dairy comes out good. What's left of the wheat...which is practically nothing is starched and processed, and starched and processed some more. It's disgusting and unhealthy and if you read ANYTHING chips, potatoes (frozen), breads, cookies, cake mixes, frozen foods of any kind...just pick one up and see....it's got enriched wheat flour...makes it sound so good huh.....total joke.
                            That's why it's best to cook at home...you know what you're puttin into your mouth. Cook your own meat, instead of instant potatos, use real ones, no pastas unless you have a pasta maker! But everyone says..."it's so hard". I cook every night and it's not hard and it only takes 30 extra mins compared to running to get fast food. But to me it's worth it.
                            OKAY NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr Bo Jangles]Haul out the whole effn' hog and let's eat!!!!!!!

If I wanna eat Crisco straight from the can.........dammit let me eat Crisco straight from the can!!!
                              QUOTE]

hahahaha... you're a TRIP!...
                              "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.