What are you reading right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading right now?

What kinds of books do you like, and what are you reading now?

I like just about anything, I just finished a book called, Mothers and Sons, (a book of short stories), and a cheezy romance novel, and before that, a book that my son had checked out from the library about a serial killer in Canada, (don't remember what it's called, lol).
    If you cannot find what you seek within, you will not find it without.

I havent read anything in a while, but when i do its just novels, nothing serious, i dont want to have to think when i read...lol...any books by Anne Rice, Stephen King and Dean Koontz:D

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
    When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Those are 3 of my favorites!!

Comment

I just finished reading "Just Another Indian" By Warren Goulding. Can't say its a great book.
        Now I have to start reading Amnesty INternationals Report called "Stolen Sisters' its about all the missing First Nations women in Canada..you can get that off the internet..just go to one of their websites and search for it..
        (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Just finished Paper Medicine Man, Before that Cheyenne Authumn, starting Warriors of the Plains.All library books. I'm trying to familirize myself in Native American life and customs. Just curiosity. I've read since 1st of the year, many of this same type of reading.! There seems to be a good supply of these books in library. But most of them are set in the 1800's, for time period. Some are later, but not a lot of later ones around. Setting up some modern Native American's type would be a good go I think. Just my opinion.GES

Comment

Originally posted by ndn_butterfly
            I just finished reading "Just Another Indian" By Warren Goulding. Can't say its a great book.
            Now I have to start reading Amnesty INternationals Report called "Stolen Sisters' its about all the missing First Nations women in Canada..you can get that off the internet..just go to one of their websites and search for it..
            Thanks! I'll look for it. Just heard about that, so I wondered where I could find out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gail405
              Just finished Paper Medicine Man, Before that Cheyenne Authumn, starting Warriors of the Plains.All library books. I'm trying to familirize myself in Native American life and customs. Just curiosity. I've read since 1st of the year, many of this same type of reading.! There seems to be a good supply of these books in library. But most of them are set in the 1800's, for time period. Some are later, but not a lot of later ones around. Setting up some modern Native American's type would be a good go I think. Just my opinion.GES
              Sheesh! The library here in my town sux! I don't even go anymore, I have better books myself. There are maybe 3 books that concern Native American anything, and they're old and so outdated, and I'm sure they are all written by white people, lol!

Comment

I'm reading two books at the same time. I'm reading "Lost Boy, Lost Girl" by Peter Straub and "To Die For" by Kathy Braidhill. I like paranormal stories and true crime.
                Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

im reading Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
                  ~*PowWows.com Princess 2006-2007*~

Comment

still reading the toughest ndn in the world by sherman alexie. ya'll should read it
                    blah blah blah....

Comment

Originally posted by ~*~SuMmErJuNe~*~
                      im reading Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
                      That's a good one, I really liked that book. Have you read the next one by her? It's Ohitika Woman. I haven't read that one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by katezninen
                        still reading the toughest ndn in the world by sherman alexie. ya'll should read it
                        I'd like to get some of Alexie's books. Everyone says he's a great writer!

Comment

I've been trying to finish lord of the rings.. I have no idea how long I've been tryin to finish it, cuz I'd put it down, lose the book.... etc. But now I'm finally on the 3rd book, about 1/2 way thru it.

Comment

Right now I am reading a book by Vince Flynn called, EXECUTIVE POWER. Its a trashy spy novel, usually takes 2-3 days to read one. Its simply escape reading. Have books by Sherman Alexie. Also read a book by can't remember her first name but her last name was Robinson. She is from Northern BC, book is called, MONKEY BEACH. Its a good read, she was nominated for an award for Canadian writer's. She is an Indian.

Comment

Lakota Woman and Ohitika Woman weren't that great IMO...I love ANYTHING by Sherman Alexie, Toughest NDN or Ten Little NDNs....I also love Isabelle Allende.

I just read a really good book for my Cultural Anthro Class called

The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
                              by Anne Fadiman.
                              If I'm not on pws.com, Im busy stacking Commods.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.