Need Christmas parade float ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Christmas parade float ideas

Anyone got any good ideas for a Christmas parade float?

My buddy is the president of the Native American club at his school and needs to come up with a kick @$$ float. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
    ...it is what it is...

whats the budget ?? LOL

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

well tried to get my incredible drawing in here, but it won't go..Is there a theme or anything or just Christmasy.

Comment

And, what part of the country is your friend in?
        Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Comment

I'm not sure about the budget, probably not much, but I'll check. And he's down in New Mexico just outside of Albuquerque.

Thanks for the drawing, Yelloweyes.

I was thinking about something with NDN Angels, but I don't know what.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

How about some 'faux' xmas packages (larger than the norm since this is afloat) sprinkled around the flatbed of the float , interspersed with a few fake cacti and a couple of howling coyote? Papier machine coyote with their heads up, howling? You could even put one on top of a package. The packages would be painted up all purty with big bows, but on the sides of a few of the packages you could have pueblo scenes (mini murals).
            Damme ape’semmai, "Andabichidaiboonee’ gimmadu’i.Wihyu memme hainjinee’ nahandu’i. Enne wizha sudei’ tsaangu mabizhiahkande," mai.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

Comment

elves making things so the children can be on the float
              believe in yourself

Comment

Oh wow, those sound great together.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

All those ideas do sound great....I have worked with several floats in the past and I found that live people, live plants and anything oversized always works better than just about anything...:D.

The paper mache coyotes sound awesome - be sure to do the collars/hankies in red and green colors...they could be made of wood too, you know. Having someone play the flute (even if it was just a tape, with a person acting like it ((I know, so Ashley Simpsonish :p)) ) But it would look really good.... :1Party:

Best of luck.
                  Last edited by Smokin' Ace; 11-24-2004, 03:16 PM.
                  Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Wow, those are some good ideas. Anyone got ideas for christmas decorations to be displayed near a lake?? We need some help! *L* We're not crafty when it comes to christmas.
                    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Ace
                      All those ideas do sound great....I have worked with several floats in the past and I found that live people, live plants and anything oversized always works better than just about anything...:D.

The paper mache coyotes sound awesome - be sure to do the collars/hankies in red and green colors...they could be made of wood too, you know. Having someone play the flute (even if it was just a tape, with a person acting like it ((I know, so Ashley Simpsonish :p)) ) But it would look really good.... :1Party:

Best of luck.
                      Definitely kerchiefs on their necks--love that idea! Can you get real cacti or would that be a royal pain? Of course, it would really be a pain if they fell over on someone... and definitely the flute music. I was forgetting that sound makes a great impression, too. I might have to come down just to see this parade!

Comment

Hey AC Miss!!!! :D

Anything that can reflect against the water is cool.
                        Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Nice!
                          Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Do you want just one theme for the float or could you do a couple of things? What I was thinking is doing like a native nativity scene.... (that's where you can use the angel and for animals the coyotes and maybe some sheep.. ) Then in a different place have a native santa maybe by a decorated cactus. Have a native "drummer boy". Things like that. Just a thought.

Also if you have to make some of the things you want chicken wire is great... then you can either cover it by poking like tissue paper (not kleenex's) in the holes to cover.

I think with all the creative people on here something good will come out of it. ;)
                            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                              Do you want just one theme for the float or could you do a couple of things? What I was thinking is doing like a native nativity scene.... (that's where you can use the angel and for animals the coyotes and maybe some sheep.. ) Then in a different place have a native santa maybe by a decorated cactus. Have a native "drummer boy". Things like that. Just a thought.

Also if you have to make some of the things you want chicken wire is great... then you can either cover it by poking like tissue paper (not kleenex's) in the holes to cover.

I think with all the creative people on here something good will come out of it. ;)
                              Great point. put kerchiefs on the sheep!!:dancing3:
                              Hey Paul, we need a 'sheep' smilie! Makes me think of the Woody Allen movie...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X