No announcement yet.

Death Sentence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, now that Badmaninc, would REALLY be a media circus!

Comment

The man is a slimebag and is PROBABLY guilty, but there is
      a tiny element of doubt in my mind. The evidence was all
      circumstantial; there were no witnesses, and as far as I
      know, no forensic evidence. I would never execute anyone
      convicted on only circumstantial evidence, just as I would
      never execute anyone on the testimony of a jailhouse
      informer.
      alamosaurus

Comment

Not to Downplay the Significance on Laci's Murder But...

Why is this case drawing so much attention?

As sad and horrible as it is, it's not a unique case. Remember Rae Carruth? He killed his pregnant girlfriend. It was a case very similar to the one against Scott Peterson. But it didn't generate even half of the publicity, and Carruth was a celebrity having played for the Carolina Panthers.

Of course it isn't just this type of case. Elizabeth Smart's case wasn't unique either, but look at that publicity.

Not to stir a racial debate but looking at the victims in the Peterson and Smart cases, I have to wonder.
        Fish eyed fool!

Comment

Just think that if this man just got a divorce, paid child support and alimony he would be a free man, living with the woman of his choice.

How stupid can you be...

Comment

Originally posted by Badmutha
            Why is this case drawing so much attention?

As sad and horrible as it is, it's not a unique case. Remember Rae Carruth? He killed his pregnant girlfriend. It was a case very similar to the one against Scott Peterson. But it didn't generate even half of the publicity, and Carruth was a celebrity having played for the Carolina Panthers.

Of course it isn't just this type of case. Elizabeth Smart's case wasn't unique either, but look at that publicity.

Not to stir a racial debate but looking at the victims in the Peterson and Smart cases, I have to wonder.

Your right bad, I live in the bay area where the trial was held and thought the same thing. Right when Laci dissapeared there was a Mexican lady that was 8 months pregnant who also went missing on christmas eve. It was also thought that her bf was the one guilty, but that case did not get 1/10 of the attention that the peterson case recieved.

As far as the death penalty, I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. My father worked as a Native American Spiritual advisor on death row in the state prisons here in California. He witnessed first hand what they endured psychologically and how it affected their chikldren and families. Most are kept on death row for 20 years + before they are executed.
            If I'm not on pws.com, Im busy stacking Commods.

Comment

he'll probably never make it to his "death" date - with years probably DECADES of appeals coming. even if he overturns his death sentence he'll be in prison for the rest of his life and he'll probably get "ruff justice" the first time he's left alone in the general population. he'll have enough time on death row awaiting the appeals process to think about lacy and his son connor. how he could of asked for a divorce and paid the child support and continued to be the pimp that he thought he was - out with amber or who ever. then connor could have grown up to be the real man and father scott will never be

how cold blooded do you have to be to kill a pregnant woman? the number one cause of death of pregnant women is MURDER (not complications, accidents, etc. but murder) - now that's something to think and talk about.
              Watch your broken dreams...
              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Yeah, he deserves the death penalty! Most definely.

I'm surprised they found him guilty, since this happened in California.
                Excuse me while I talk in my Native Wookie dialect language.

Comment

I wouldn't be too surprised if he is executed via jail house justice, you know, a sharpened toothbrush shoved right through his neck when the guard are paid....er....not looking.
                  It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

That is true- it could be a racial thing- but I think the fact that he did it so near Christmas added to a lot of the emotions some people feel toward the whole thing- that and all of the clear deception on his part- how they found him at the border w/his hair dyed and thousands of dollars- if he was so innocent why was he trying to flee the country??

Comment

i agree with the sentencing. but i don't agree with the process. he's going to sit around for a long while before it can even happen. it'll take atleast 5yrs before he can even get to the federal part of the appeals. and all the while it costing us more and more money to keep him alive. that's not right either

Comment

He should die painfully. by the way, that one post about Rae Carruth, the baby lived if I'm not mistaken....
                        sigpic
                        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Yes, I think that he got what he deserves. I, too, don't like the death penalty, but you gotta admit; that had to be a hard decision for the jury. But he did kill 2 people he supposedly loved and for what?? There should be no excuse for his life to be continued...(i know that sounds harsh, but it's only my opinion)

Comment

Scott Peterson

A quote from Samuel L Jackson, "Yes! He deserves to die and I hope he burns in hell!"

Comment

he needs to think about what he did i think he should rot in jail

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
                              You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly?¿?

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****

Comment

Originally posted by eucheefolife
                                he needs to think about what he did i think he should rot in jail
                                yeah true true.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X