Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Big Little Bear - we had Cajun night, it was some good eatin too!!!! mmm, I'm still stuffed. Today is Wednesday, wanna help me figure out a theme for tonite at the Cafe???
    Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

• ;) Can we do Tai, Red? I want sweet and spicey. Light and fresh.

Yep, last night was great. I love the sound of all the beads. Maybe you should send Big Little Bear a picture. A lot of folks don't know anything about NW ndn's.
      I've learned that you can't make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. :)

Hella Handles....

Comment

• Hey She, last night was groovy. I don't think Big Little Bear is old enough for those pics. You're right noone probably knew what the heck we were talking about.
        As for the Tai food - chef up Tobauxie, I have no clue even how to cook it, lol

Comment

• TIRAMISU

1--3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding & pie filling
          1--teaspoon instant coffee granules
          1--8 oz. reduced fat ricitta cheese
          1--8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
          1/2 cup confectioners sugar
          1--teaspoon rum extract
          1/2 cupmini semisweet chocolate morsels
          1--10oz low fat pound cake or lady fingers
          1--cup brewed strong black coffee
          1--tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
          chocolate curls (optional)

Prepare pudding acording to the directions using 1% milk. Add coffee granules. Cover and refrigerate till well chilled.

In medium bowl combine ricotta, cream cheese, conf. sugar, and rum extract. Fold in chocolate morsels and pudding.

Cut pound cake into thin slices or sparate ladyfingers. Arrange 1/4 of slices in asingle layer on the bottom of a large glass bowl. Set remaining cake aside. Drizzle cake in bowl w/ 1/4 cup strong cofee. Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over cake in bowl. Top w/ another 1/4 of cake. Drizzle w/ another1/4 of coffee. Repeat layering 2 more times endingwith cake. Sprinkle top with cocoa. Garnish with chocolate curls if using.

Makes 8 servings.

Here is the recipe U asked for Redhorse. Since Tai is on the menu for 2nite U will have to do Italian in a couple of days. This recipe is best after sitting in the fridge for a couple of days.
          Wake us to a glorious morning, Great Spirit, where we may enjoy your wonders. Bless us all and keep us safe.

Comment

• Per serving Tiramisu has:
            313 calories
            6 g protein
            53 g carbohydrates
            10 g fat
            20 mg cholesterol
            522 mg sodium
            0 g fiber

Diet exchanges:
            3 bread
            2 fat

I always add more confectioners sugar and extra coffee granules to mine, so my calories are higher I am sure, but it is just SOOOO good!!:D

ENJOY!!
            Wake us to a glorious morning, Great Spirit, where we may enjoy your wonders. Bless us all and keep us safe.

Comment

• Hey mamabear, is that Tai?? It sounds good - feel free to get in the kitchen and get dirty :D

Comment

• It is Italian Redhorse. To my knowledge I have never had Tai food. Isn't Tai hot-n-spicy??

Comment

• Hot, Sicey and Sweet!

Salad rolls with shrimp and pork. And Pork with fat noodles and bean sprouts and don't forget the "ploy". Yum.:7:

You'll love it ladies. And I don't know the calories thing. But it's very low fat.:D
                  I've learned that you can't make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. :)

Hella Handles....

Comment

• Yeah, I think Tai is hot and spicy - that's what my sis She Modoc was sayin' - anyway, Italian is good too!!! :) We're just trying to figure out what theme we wanna eat today. We get pretty silly with it sometimes-

Comment

• oops, you beat me She. Okay - that sounds good. I'm waitin to taste it

Comment

• Okay well if it is hot and spicy I probably haven't tried it. Hot & spicy chicken from Walmart is about as hot as I go and that calls for lots of water!! I love sweet foods though. Anyone got any Tai recipes for me to try?
                        As far as the menu 2day anything is fine with me. American, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, U name it I can probably find a recipe for it. I have a fave from almost every nationality.

Comment

• hmmm, hot and spicy walmart chicken??? LOL!!! I love hot and spicy stuff. I eat jalapenos with just about everything. ha! I'm trying to think of something different to fix. Maybe have a good old fashioned end of summer bbq - that sounds good huh?

Comment

• :Wave
                            Hi you guys! Boy ive missed everybody... been gone from the cafe way too long. Been working alot and no computer there at work!
                            Wow everything sounds so yummy. Can I just put up my feet and relax here for a few? Juuuuust thirsty for some ice water.
                            I'll get it :)

Comment

• :Wave Hey sis!! You've been working far too hard! Sit and have some ice water and chat wit me. (like we don't all the time :Angel: )

Comment

• End of summer bash sounds great!! U and my brother would just have a ball in the kitchen then, he puts jalapenos on everything too!! :sweat: Whew!! I just can't take it!! I see him sitting there eating and sweat is just rolling. I told him that was just too much hard wok for me. Only 1 thing I am gonna work that hard at!! :Naughty

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.