X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ches
    replied
    WD where do you live? It is cold here in South Central KY, but, after hearing your report, I feel a lot warmer. I am sitting here after my second vaccine shot and, now can leave since it has been 10 minutes. Now, in two weeks, I should have 95% immunity.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    My prayers always include you !
    It's 1 degree F here this morning and when I got up we had an inch of new snow ! We've already been out and fed the horses and dealt with the dogs , 1 of which loves the snow and just wanted to run and romp in it and the other who would rather it never snowed in the first place. It's still snowing , quite hard actually and looking out I'd guess about 4 inches so far ! With that it is 1 degree with a wind chill of -15 and an expected high today of 3 ! Tonight they expect the air temperature to be -4 and tomorrow's high of 1 , then tomorrow night -11. We'll just see how it goes !
    Everyone stay safe , healthy , and warm.
    In case of power outage we have a generator big enough to run the furnace , refrigerators , freezers and a light or 2. We also have 3 propane heaters that I use during deer season if we need them.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I'm doing my temperatures in Kelvin. 265K and 256K feel much better.

Well, on our plate are rolling blackouts. This first time since 1935 cold, spread over the entire state, has demand expected to exceed the generating capacity of the grid. Even the our record heat wave of a couple years back didn't do that. Here's to hoping the ties to the Mexican power grid hold and that Mexico wants to sell us electricity.

Pray for us down here. I realize that this is just another day at the beach for you folks up north. This does not happen to us. I'll trade you a week of temps above 100F for a power plant.

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    I will not complain about 0C again.

If there is smoke on the water, it must be...

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    If you are freezing, it is cold.
    If you are sweeting it is hot.
    If you fell well, it is the right temperature

No need to calculate any mystic figure or look at a thermometer.

If there is ice on the water, it mus be freezing.

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    I'll have some hot chocolate thank ya thank ya!

Forecast for next Sat is 25 degrees I hope that will be the end of this arctic freeze.

I'm here live I'm not a cat

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    That's just way too complicated for my ol' feeble mind !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Hot coffee here it is.

By the way, you need boiling water that is 100°C or 212°F.
    I am accustomed to 0°C water freezes, 100°C water is boiling.

Else I need to calculate:

X°C = (Y°F - 32) * 5/9
    Y°F = (X°C * 9/5) + 32

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Hot coffee for everyone.......that likes coffee ! LOL Hot tea and hot chocolate are the other options !

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Those "Cs" always confuse me ! LOL It seems that we have almost run completely out of degrees ! It is quite uncomfortable out feeding the horses !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Forcast here for your area says -12°C and -17°C.

Our forecast says rising temperatures starting at -8°C to end up at +3°C. But we may get ice streets when snow melting over day yields puddles which freeze over night.

I pray for your water pipes and heater and not only for those in the house.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    We're expected to get the lowest temperatures ever recorded in the north Texas area on Monday morning then break that record on Tues.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    well , so far it's up to 10 ! Brrrr.....

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    I hear ya ! This morning here it was 7°F , with a feels like temp of -8°F. We went out to feed the horses and wasted no time doing it !

Much more Brr than we have.
    We are going to have only 14°F now as the sun has set.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
    Went to the bakery, needed bread.

17°F at 8 o'clock. Brr.

I have not called for sucha cold weather.
    I hear ya ! This morning here it was 7°F , with a feels like temp of -8°F. We went out to feed the horses and wasted no time doing it !

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.