• Show
Clear All

• drinks are just a

Comment

• any news lately??

Comment

• just added this to the place

Comment

• YOU ARE SO CREATIVE PUP! Redhorse is going to sqeeze you to pieces when she see's what a great job you've done since shes been gone...!!!!:Jumping:
          Is there a CD player on that thing? If so...what kind of movies should we get for the cafe?

Comment

• yes there is a CD & DVD, anything pg-13 and up:Cooler

Comment

• the food is so good here

Comment

• its hard to keep the cafe goin alone

Comment

• its quiet in the kitchen

Comment

• maybe if I think REAL HARD it will come true

Comment

• they say its over when

Comment

• Happy Hour. Cool! Where's the snacks? Who's the bartender? I need the sage advice of a trusted friend.
                        I've learned that you can't make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. :)

Hella Handles....

Comment

• I need some frybread!
                          It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

• I want an Indian Taco and a big glass of Code Red Mountain Dew. Got any hot peppers?:sweat: Like things spicy:)
                            No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• Well then if sister's out of town for the weekend I guess I'll pull her slack.

Frybread it is. Do you like it with rasins?

And for dinner stuffed frybread pockets. With deer meat and gravy and fried potatoes. Yum. The kids love this!
                              I've learned that you can't make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. :)

Hella Handles....

Comment

• And since I don't see a bartender on duty I guess I'm doing that too. So, here's a little food for thought.... You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.....
                                A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how
                                things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to
                                make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It
                                seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water
                                and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to a boil. In the
                                first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and the last she
                                placed
                                ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the
                                carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and
                                placed
                                them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a
                                bowl.
                                Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me, what do you see?"
                                "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and
                                noted that they were soft. She then asked her to take an egg and break it.
                                After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.
                                Finally,
                                she asked her to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its
                                rich aroma. The daughter then asked. "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same
                                adversity--boiling water--but each reacted differently.
                                The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after
                                being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg
                                had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid
                                interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became
                                hardened.
                                The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the
                                boiling water, they had changed the water. "Which are you?" she asked
                                her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are
                                you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean? "

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with
                                pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?
                                Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the
                                heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a
                                financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and
                                stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough
                                with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?
                                Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water,
                                the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot,
                                it releases the fragrance and flavor.

If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get
                                better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and
                                trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level? How do you
                                handle adversity?

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Count your blessings....not your problems.

Hella Handles....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X