• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the brownies have EXTRA ingredients LOL jks
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
      And the brownies have EXTRA ingredients LOL jks
      You're gonna make me go there, aren't you?

The proper name for THOSE brownies is 'Alice B. Toklas' brownies. But...the recipe wasn't hers. She just used it in her cookbook she was publishing. The recipe belonged to her friend. This is how he described the brownies...in all their splendid glory.

"This is the food of Paradise.... it might provide an entertaining refreshment for a Ladies' Bridge Club or a chapter meeting of the DAR.... Euphoria and brilliant storms of laughter; ecstatic reveries and extensions of one's personality on several simultaneous planes are to be complacently expected. Almost anything Saint Theresa did, you can do better."

That being said...Let's sing along!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JmyXTOHC3w8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

And the brownies have EXTRA ingredients LOL jks
        You're gonna make me go there, aren't you?

The proper name for THOSEbrownies is 'Alice B. Toklas' brownies. But...the recipe wasn't hers. She just used it in her cookbook she was publishing. The recipe belonged to her friend. This is how he described the brownies...in all their splendid glory.

"This is the food of Paradise.... it might provide an entertaining refreshment for a Ladies' Bridge Club or a chapter meeting of the DAR.... Euphoria and brilliant storms of laughter; ecstatic reveries and extensions of one's personality on several simultaneous planes are to be complacently expected. Almost anything Saint Theresa did, you can do better."

That being said...Let's sing along!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JmyXTOHC3w8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that's the story as told by Joe's Dad. Remember to tell your grandchildren.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• I saw Jimi 8 months later, in August.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1DAR79Q4Pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
            Just one glass? Must be a small piece of brownie! LOL

Are like most women and say, "I just want a small piece. I'm watching my wieght". Then run off with half the pan?!!! Jusss kidding, Miss Metabolism!!!

Now the big question...

Aluminum or Glass when making brownies?
            OK, I will get technical. I have a 24 oz. coffee cup that was given to me as a joke gift. I tried drinking coffee out of it, but 2 cups and the whole pot was gone. LOL! So now I save it for milk and hot tea.

When the gas oven worked, I would use aluminum to bake brownies. Now that I am baking in the convection oven, I use glass. I like to watch stuff cook.
            Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

I saw Jimi 8 months later, in August.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1DAR79Q4Pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              You sure about that or was it Alice's brownies that made you think you saw Jimi? I saw him J'ville. once-good show-and yes, I'm sure.
              Last edited by subeeds; 12-06-2011, 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                OK, I will get technical. I have a 24 oz. coffee cup that was given to me as a joke gift. I tried drinking coffee out of it, but 2 cups and the whole pot was gone. LOL! So now I save it for milk and hot tea.

When the gas oven worked, I would use aluminum to bake brownies. Now that I am baking in the convection oven, I use glass. I like to watch stuff cook.
                Then drinking almost the whole gallon of milk i bought today is ok in your book?

i dont know what a convection oven is. it's a gas oven. i ate half the 13x9 inch pan of brownies. Hence, the milk!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                  You sure about that or was it Alice's brownies that made you think you saw Jimi? I saw him J'ville. once-good show-and yes, I'm sure.
                  I remembered this concert. It was the Doors concert that was a little foggy. Or was it Blind Faith?

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Then drinking almost the whole gallon of milk i bought today is ok in your book?

i dont know what a convection oven is. it's a gas oven. i ate half the 13x9 inch pan of brownies. Hence, the milk!
                    As long as there's enough milk for coffee in the morning, drink as much milk as you want. It does a body good or don't you remember that commercial?

When the oven died, I had to have an oven and we couldn't afford to replace the whole stove. I already had a small toaster oven, so went larger, but still counter top size, with a toaster/convection oven. A convection oven has a fan that circulates the heat around the oven, instead of the heat just "being" in the oven. It cooks faster and is supposed to be more energy efficient. I baked a 9 lb. chicken in it for Thanksgiving in an hour and a half. It was done and moist and tasty. The directions on the chicken said to bake it for 3-3.5 hours, so...when they cay it cooks in half the time, they are pretty accurate. I don't use the convection to often. I tried a pizza that way once and burned the carp out of it.

Comment

How the heck can you, or anyone for that matter, drink so much milk... I'd be sick for a week !
                      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                      sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• If somebody would wake me around 7:45 by waving a hot cup of coffee under my nose, I would appreciate it. I missed my after dinner snooze and it's catching up to me.

Comment

• Good morning!! I see that you're up, subeads - but here's some more coffee.

I'm gonna fix myself a cup of bulletproof coffee - with coconut oil. Then a 'quick' workout, eat some breakfast and try to get to work on time today.
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

• You...to work...on time...is ...never...gonna happen!!! :laughing?

I gotta get the strength to get OUT of bed. Send me a cup of coffee...UPS

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• you're right!! I was late again! Just 10 minutes today!
                              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Good morning!! I see that you're up, subeads - but here's some more coffee.

I'm gonna fix myself a cup of bulletproof coffee - with coconut oil. Then a 'quick' workout, eat some breakfast and try to get to work on time today.
                                Thanks for the coffee, Rose. I was up-for 22 hours. Then I collapsed in a heap and woke up 4 hours later because Sparky was sharing my pillow and had his nose in my ear.LOL! After that little 4 hour nap I couldn't go back to sleep. Still trying to play catch up.

JD, hope you are up by now. I'm sure the cats are hungry. LOL!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.