X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Thanks, Yaahl! I sure need a hug today!

I have daughter drama, sick in-laws, sick step kids, strange cousin drama, work drama.

Then I get home and read the a publication put out by our school that I wish I got to proofread before we spent a bundle on printing.

THEN I get to face the drama here
    There was drama here?????

Spill it!

May your day go better tomorrow!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
      Morning folks:

Brisk and windy day here on the prairies. We're having trouble with the internet in town - this is what happens when a town's population explodes in less than 4 years.... limited resources and infrastructures.

I made some Christmas type cookies... so help yourselves. The shortbread ones will be ready in about an hour.

Yummm.. corn soup... my fav.

I have some American Army and Marines coming up for a visit. I had a laugh, their EAs made the inquiries that the staff cars have AC in them. My EA inquired back as to why would they need AC in December in Alberta? Three hours of my day was spent trying to convince the American EA that what his bosses really required were parkas and hats. Seems Bubba (yes, his name really is Bubba) is from the glorious state and centre of the universe... Mississippi and has never been north of the Mason Dixie Line. We have parkas on standby just in case... this is going to be an interesting visit. LOL
      That is tooooooooo funny, Yaahl! I'm sure they will want the parkas. LOL! Bubba is really southern for "brother"-at least in my part of the south it is. Not sure about good ol' Miss., though. Can't wait to hear how that visit goes. I bet one of them will ask you where to see the polar bears. Seriously.
      I'm sorry you have never had red velvet cake. It's so yummy-and it looks pretty, too.

Rose, hope things get better for you soon. I'll trade you your daughter drama for my grandsons egg donor-err-mom drama. :)
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Oh dang...I feel more drama coming on!!! Usually I sleep like a baby...what am I doing up at this hour???
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Oh dang...I feel more drama coming on!!! Usually I sleep like a baby...what am I doing up at this hour???
          Gearing up for battle? LOL! Have some coffee-or some spearmint tea. I like doing battle when I'm tired. I fire from the hip and don't censor what I want to say. It comes brutally honest and blunt. :)

Edited to add: I'm sitting here reading how to beat up a panda-how's that for crabby -google panda that is. It's a search thing and it's making me nuts-more so than I usually am.

Comment

• I'll take some tea. The dog is freaking out...I don't know if it's cuz the curtains are moving everytime the furnace comes on, or if something is really outside.
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

• The way the world has been lately, maybe it's an earthquake coming. Something might be prowling around. We had a Fla. panther around once and this little terrier mix we had knew it 3 weeks before we ever saw signs of her. I finally saw her and she was a beauty.

Comment

i'm not ill, just stressed. I am so over all the drama today!!
                no more drama for the mama!!!!

hugs to you rosie girl!!!
                I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

• Originally posted by migiziwomen View Post
                  red velvet cake with lots of cream cheese frosting please and a strong cup of joe
                  have mercy that sounds like it would hit the spot and get the day off to a running start!!!

Wonder if RDNKJ has any red velvet cupcakes in the bakery.....
                  I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

• I slept like a baby. I don't ever have drama.

I'm so sweet! hahahaaa

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                      You know, I've never had red velvet cake but that sounds yummy. My mom's idea of baking a cake was to add yeast to the bannock mix and putting a drop of yellow food dye in it to make it look like those Duncan Heinz ones. For icing, she'd whip up a batch of Indian ice cream andfrost the cake with that.

I made a batch of garlic cream soup for dinner. Help yourselves.
                      lmao at the yellow food die~lol. mmmm indian ice cream, me and my cuz were just talking and laughing around about that the other day! memeber when we were kids........love it.
                      never had that soup but i am thinking i will love it. could you send me the recipe so i can take a look?
                      A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Mmmm.. I luv pea soup, and garlic cream soup sounds good too.

I'm not ill, just stressed. I am SO OVER all the drama today!!

family drama....uhg i know what you are talking about. my mother in law seems to bring the drama, we had to put her on lock down for a minute. lol.
                        A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

• Originally posted by Migiziwomen View Post
                          lmao at the yellow food die~lol. mmmm indian ice cream, me and my cuz were just talking and laughing around about that the other day! memeber when we were kids........love it.
                          never had that soup but i am thinking i will love it. could you send me the recipe so i can take a look?
                          Here you go: http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...ht=garlic+soup
                          A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by trouble View Post
                            have mercy that sounds like it would hit the spot and get the day off to a running start!!!

Wonder if RDNKJ has any red velvet cupcakes in the bakery.....
                            Awww, honey...you know I do!!!

sigpic

Comment

• I always (apparently mistakenly) though of Red Velvet Cake as a southern thing.

Interesting piece of trivia from wikipedia:

In Canada the cake was a well-known dessert in the restaurants and bakeries of the Eaton's department store chain in the 1940s and 1950s. Promoted as an exclusive Eaton's recipe, with employees who knew the recipe sworn to silence, many mistakenly believed the cake to be the invention of the department store matriarch, Lady Eaton.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                                The way the world has been lately,[B] maybe it's an earthquake coming.[/B] Something might be prowling around. We had a Fla. panther around once and this little terrier mix we had knew it 3 weeks before we ever saw signs of her. I finally saw her and she was a beauty.
                                ZOMG! LOL, I just had a dream last night about being in a small earthquake... then it switched into a zombie survival type dream - I had an M16...
                                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.