This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    Oh lordy-we did those, too. Like that was going to help living in N.Fl.-or anywhere else for that matter. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis mostly as a time when the adults around me were about ready to jump out of their skin and my parents were talking about moving north. Glad that didn't happen.
    I know, right? We were told that because of Lockheed, Oklahoma was one of the top targets for the Russians. Even as a pretty young kid, I realized that ducking and covering wasn't gonna help much if the nukes started falling.
    sigpic

Comment

• We lived across from Blueberry Flats on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska...directly under the proposed site to intercept one of the Soviet nuclear warheads. There was talk of Wyoming oil fields being a target as well.

In school, we did the "crouch in the hallway with head tucked under and hands clasped behing your neck" drills. Plus they showed us scary movies, with the likes of giant ants that ate radiation tainted sugar.

Little did they expect, that we'll probably go out like Silent Spring.

So until then, it's bacon, Bacon, BACON!! Thanks, G&B!
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

• blt sammiches and tomato soup...yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
          We lived across from Blueberry Flats on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska...directly under the proposed site to intercept one of the Soviet nuclear warheads. There was talk of Wyoming oil fields being a target as well.

In school, we did the "crouch in the hallway with head tucked under and hands clasped behing your neck" drills. Plus they showed us scary movies, with the likes of giant ants that ate radiation tainted sugar.

Little did they expect, that we'll probably go out like Silent Spring.

So until then, it's bacon, Bacon, BACON!! Thanks, G&B!
          All I saw in school was films about drug-crazed hippies under the influence of LSD and other hallucinogens.

Wait. It wasn't a film. That was me. My bad.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• We had a science class where the teacher's drug education was to list all the drugs and their effects..we were taking notes!!

I can see you in bell bottoms, a headband, and other hippie gear.
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

• hanging out at the head shop!

Far out, man!

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                All I saw in school was films about drug-crazed hippies under the influence of LSD and other hallucinogens.
                Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                We had a science class where the teacher's drug education was to list all the drugs and their effects..we were taking notes!!
                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OT7HWppTSXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

like this "documentary" film?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post

help yourself! lol
                  lmao looks good though! lmao you crack me up
                  A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                    hanging out at the head shop!

Far out, man!
                    A friend of mine had a brother who had a shop that was half head shop, half surf shop. I had the best of both worlds at the time.
                    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                      Isn't Yaahl the resident expert on fried wazoo? I seem to remember a lotta talk about bum-gut!

Bumgut isn't fried... lol That would be just too disgusting. I do prefer boiled moose nose over bumgut. Our elders always get the moose lips, they just love that part.

It's time for an ignorant American story. I've never been to Canada, so perhaps I can be forgiven for not knowing until just a few years ago that The Hudson Bay Company still existed. I'd never really thought about it and just assumed it was long gone.
                      Hudson Bay Company was actually British run from 1670until 1970. The HQ and Governorship was brought to Canada around 1971 and remained Canadian until 2006 it was bought out by Jerry Zucker and now belongs to NRDC Equity. The HBC archives are some of the most detailed historical documents about Canadian First Nations and the fur trade. My grandchildren's father's ancestor was a Hudson Bay man who was married to a Cree woman from Churchill, MB. We have been able to access these records and the detail in the HBC records is astonishing about who she was.
                      Last edited by yaahl; 12-18-2011, 01:29 AM.
                      A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                        A friend of mine had a brother who had a shop that was half head shop, half surf shop. I had the best of both worlds at the time.
                        So you were a hippie surfer chick? hahaaa

And for breakfast, I'm having...I dunno yet. Can't be too much. Got a 1 1/2 massage scheduled for 10:00. I just love Illa. She violates me!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Good morning!

Denver omelets, or Western omelets, for those who want additional ingredients, like cheese, shrooms, or tomatoes.

Hash browns made to order too...just like Waffle House's...

Scattered - loosely fried on the grill
                          Smothered - covered with grilled onions
                          Covered - melted cheese
                          Chunked - diced ham
                          Diced - grilled tomatoes
                          Peppered - jalapenos
                          Capped - grilled mushrooms
                          Topped - chili
                          Country - sausage gravy

or ALL THE WAY!!
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Good morning!

Denver omelets, or Western omelets, for those who want additional ingredients, like cheese, shrooms, or tomatoes.

Covered - melted cheese
                            Chunked - diced ham
                            Diced - grilled tomatoes
                            Peppered - jalapenos
                            Topped - chili
                            Country - sausage gravy

or ALL THE WAY!!
                            Thanks Rose, I'll have a cheese Denver.

All we ever got as kids for watching in class were the NFB History Vignettes...no tucking or ducking or rolling for us... lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/10O3mCpE5aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HK1YLDQ004A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D5wiXTGY6Lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h6xROmrnScU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            Last edited by yaahl; 12-18-2011, 10:39 AM.
                            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Good morning!

Covered - melted cheese
                              Chunked - diced ham
                              Diced - grilled tomatoes
                              Peppered - jalapenos
                              Topped - chili
                              Country - sausage gravy

or ALL THE WAY!!
                              oh i want smothered hash browns! thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                                Thanks Rose, I'll have a cheese Denver.

All we ever got as kids for watching in class were the NFB History Vignettes...no tucking or ducking or rolling for us... lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/10O3mCpE5aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HK1YLDQ004A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D5wiXTGY6Lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h6xROmrnScU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                diggin that quill work in first video- very nice!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.