Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you asked for it! (It doesn't start getting good until after 1:00; the "dance off" starts about 2:45)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k2cAyYHBXG4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    sigpic

Comment

• Or, something from the movies...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H_WuuKx_XnY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      sigpic

Comment

• [MENTION=81597]GoggenGH[/MENTION], go to YouTube and find the code to embed in a post.

[MENTION=7602]Grits & Beans[/MENTION], I hope you meet up with that grass dancer again soon.

[MENTION=43053]NorthofAda[/MENTION], spoke too soon - the thread is back.

[MENTION=40016]subeeds[/MENTION], I did a duplicate too, which happens sometimes on my phone, but there was quite a delay...must be my slow connection..
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Oh, cool! The thread is back! More reading tonight!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• I'll bet there will be a new user to keep drama going LOL
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

• THANKS wyo_rose, I tried to complicate things!
              It was too simple!

Here we go.....
              <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g88PCotKgzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              Last edited by GoggenGH; 01-03-2012, 07:11 PM.

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
              You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.

Comment

• And one more with the Sami artist, Mari Boine...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDApK1BjsmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                Last edited by GoggenGH; 01-03-2012, 07:24 PM.

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
                You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                  yeah i did, i didn't like being any where near the ndn center for years now(personal reasons) but yeah it was cool.....what'd you do for new years?
                  Went out to eat with a friend. It was fun. For special occasions/holidays I usually go haute cuisine. So I made reservations at an Italian place we hadn't been to before. It was so-o-o-o-o-o-o good!

I told the chef he had to recreate it for the Redhorse, so if anyone wants any - go ahead and git yer feed on!

New Year 2011 Menu

Beef Carpaccio w/artichokes, baby arugula, lemon aioli
                  Figs, prosciutto & honey

Butternut squash risotto with Maine lobster, toasted pumpkin seeds & orange zest
                  Beef shortrib tortellini in a parmesan black truffle broth

Grilled beef tenderloin w/smoked mashed potatoes
                  and a Barolo wine/roasted shallot butter
                  Seared diver scallops w/fennel risotto, orange-parsley gremolata & pistachios

Chocolate truffle tart w/praline ice cream, and figs in caramel
                  A hunk of romano cheese w/red wine poached pears & honeyed walnuts

A nice red wine with dinner, and lattes with dessert.

Then came home and watched the New Year's coverage on TV!

++++++++++++++++

Like I tell my Dad - "Eating is my recreation!"

I keep threatening to start a food blog about some of the meals we've had in restaurants around town. I tried a practice blog about one meal, but came close to 600 words and hadn't finished blogging about the appetizers yet!...let alone the rest of the meal. I'll have to work on brevity before I unleash my blog on the world!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                    Went out to eat with a friend. It was fun. For special occasions/holidays I usually go haute cuisine. So I made reservations at an Italian place we hadn't been to before. It was so-o-o-o-o-o-o good!

I told the chef he had to recreate it for the Redhorse, so if anyone wants any - go ahead and git yer feed on!

New Year 2011 Menu

Beef Carpaccio w/artichokes, baby arugula, lemon aioli
                    Figs, prosciutto & honey

Butternut squash risotto with Maine lobster, toasted pumpkin seeds & orange zest
                    Beef shortrib tortellini in a parmesan black truffle broth

Grilled beef tenderloin w/smoked mashed potatoes
                    and a Barolo wine/roasted shallot butter
                    Seared diver scallops w/fennel risotto, orange-parsley gremolata & pistachios

Chocolate truffle tart w/praline ice cream, and figs in caramel
                    A hunk of romano cheese w/red wine poached pears & honeyed walnuts

A nice red wine with dinner, and lattes with dessert.

Then came home and watched the New Year's coverage on TV!

++++++++++++++++

Like I tell my Dad - "Eating is my recreation!"

I keep threatening to start a food blog about some of the meals we've had in restaurants around town. I tried a practice blog about one meal, but came close to 600 words and hadn't finished blogging about the appetizers yet!...let alone the rest of the meal. I'll have to work on brevity before I unleash my blog on the world!
                    RDNKJ,

YOU REALLY NEED TO BE A FOOD BLOGGER OR FOOD CRITIC.....Could you maybe start out with just taking menus from famous restraunts and writting out what you would order, I'd like to know just what you would order...and make sure you get appetizers, dessert , drinks , everything....you do food well!!!!
                    I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

• Coffee please. Something is wrong with Sparky and I'm worried sick. He was fine all day and tonight. Doing his usual thing-hanging out in the chair with my husband. I went out to warm up the car before work,might have taken 2 minutes, and when I came back in, my husband goes "something is wrong with Sparky". He was trying to stand in the chair, but he had no control over his leg muscles. He was trying to move to the other side of the chair and fell on the floor. Both us tried to help him and got growled at. When I left for work, he was sitting in the floor all quivery. I don't think it was a seizure-it didn't look like any I have ever seen. I just can't figure out what could happen so suddenly. The vet situation in this county sucks, but I will try and get him into one of the two vets we haven't seen tomorrow. It's gonna be a long night.
                      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that subeeds. Is Sparky a dog or a cat? Dealing with a sick or injured pet is as stressful as dealing with a sick human.

Comment

• Sparky is a little bichon who wandered up to our house about 3 years ago and ended up adopting us. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                            Sparky is a little bichon who wandered up to our house about 3 years ago and ended up adopting us. LOL!
                            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he can't be sick...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...he's got to be ok!!! Now I'm going to worry about him all night...

I've seen dogs not be able to move and it's ended up a disc problem(same thing as a human when their's go wonky). Try a little heat on his back and hips and see if that helps... do you know how to do the floppy hind foot test? That usually shows either nerve or spine issues when the foot just flops.
                            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• He was able to put weight on all his legs, they were just really shaky and he was struggling trying to stand and balance. I'm just not getting how it came on out of the blue like it did. He's out of the flea meds he takes once a month, so withdrawal has crossed my mind-if that's possible. I posted about it on another forum and a woman replied that the same thing happened to her cat and it turned out to be an inner ear infection. I could deal with that. What's the floppy foot test?

Comment

Last edited by comadre; 09-15-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.