This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    Must be nice to have a bead store within driving distance. buy some blue ones for me. LOL! If I buy any more beads or stones or camera lenses, we will need an addition to the house. I do need to buy some marbles, though, I seem to have lost a few of mine somewhere. :)
    i love it, we have a lil trading post here on the rez makes it real easy!

oh i just love shopping for new beads!
    A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

• oops forgot to order. just coffee, trying to fit back into these shorts i finally got back from JD!
      hope everyones day goes well oh an fast!

PIGHEADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

• good morning

thinking about going to see that movie about the tuskogee airmen this weekend, a movie date...oh yeah and theres a powwow this weekend in st paul...yea dood

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
          I'm not sure where all that hype came from about "Canadian Bacon", the bacon I cook is the rasher type that you Americans cook. Back or peameal bacon is a whole other type of bacon and it's not very popular up here in the cities... I don't think I've seen any in the stores here since we got out west... and this is pig poop central here...lol
          Well, "Canadian Bacon" is good for eggs benedict.

Growing up, if we wanted/needed Canadian bacon we had to drive to Tulsa and go to an "upscale" grocery store - the local Piggly Wigglies and Safeways didn't carry such high falutin' stuff. But, back then, even "English Muffins" were exotic!

Now, it's everywhere. Even the ghetto stores carry Canadian bacon!

sigpic

Comment

• Morning, another day in the prairies and the temps have dropped again... minus 20c this morning...

I'm craving some peanut butter and toast this morning... we got told at work that they are going to ban peanut products because there *might* be a parent of a kid that is allergic to them. I guess I'm miffed about it because I can see it getting silly to the point where we get banned from using peanut products at home in case something ends up on our persons and gets brought into work... keep in mind that a peanut allergy will get a military personnel discharged on medical grounds so the allergies are going to be about people not in the work environment but at home.

I understand how dangerous it is for someone with extreme allergies but if its a kid at home, then shouldn't mom or dad be changing into "safe" clothing and doing the hand washing thing before going home? We have some acquaintances that claim their kid is anaphylactic to peanut products, yet the kid has been in our house and not a smidge of a reaction (and hubby loves his peanut butter). I took these kids to a movie and mom never even mentioned a peanut allergy to me then... which makes me wonder if this whole "my kid is allergic" phenomenon is just about parents thinking its easier to say a kid is allergic than deal with it if it really is an allergy.
            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by trouble View Post
              Nah, man, in honor of our friend TOOLBOX, it's gotta be DORITOS all around....
              Thanks but the winning Dorito's commercial SUCKED, it was not even close to funny. It won because most consumers are simple and even though it's been played out years go cats and dogs and other animals are always funny to them. I will, however, give them credit for winning and their commercial was at least broadcast quality.
              CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
              sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                Well, "Canadian Bacon" is good for eggs benedict.

Growing up, if we wanted/needed Canadian bacon we had to drive to Tulsa and go to an "upscale" grocery store - the local Piggly Wigglies and Safeways didn't carry such high falutin' stuff. But, back then, even "English Muffins" were exotic!

Now, it's everywhere. Even the ghetto stores carry Canadian bacon!

Like I sad, up here, it's not the bacon of choice for Canucks...for eggy bens, we use ham slices..LOL
                A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• ppl around here like ordering canadian bacon on their pizza. yuck!

Comment

• That's one of my favs., G&B! Canadian bacon and pineapple!

Mmmmmm!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                      Like I sad, up here, it's not the bacon of choice for Canucks...for eggy bens, we use ham slices..LOL
                      OK. Help me out, doc! LOL

Is ham slices 'bacon'? We know it comes from the cow, butt...

What's the difference between bacon, Canadian bacon, ham bacon, fatback, etc.?

Now this is how our government describes bacon. The USDA defines bacon as "the cured belly of a swine carcass".

WHO WANTS BACON?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• BTW It's raining here and gonna get all the way 'down' to 63F!

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                          OK. Help me out, doc! LOL

Is ham slices 'bacon'? We know it comes from the cow, butt...

What's the difference between bacon, Canadian bacon, ham bacon, fatback, etc.?

Now this is how our government describes bacon. The USDA defines bacon as "the cured belly of a swine carcass".

WHO WANTS BACON?
                          Ham slices to me are the cuts taken from a cooked or smoked ham... usually the leg, shoulder or rump of a porky...

Bacon is the rasher type taken from the belly...

I find what Americans call Canadian bacon to be tough and not very appetising - it's rather chewy and rubbery - not a fan of it. I think it gets the moniker of bacon because of the way it is processed - cured/salted.

Comment

• Now I wanna go get some country ham, eggs n grits for b'fast!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• I'll have a sugar free Bacon Milkshake. Not like JackintheBox's, probably better! LOL

Check out their marrybacon website http://www.marrybacon.com/

Or here's a link to make a great low carb version:
                              http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-...of+Low-Carb%29
                              ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                                I'll have a sugar free Bacon Milkshake. Not like JackintheBox's, probably better! LOL

Check out their marrybacon website http://www.marrybacon.com/

Or here's a link to make a great low carb version:
                                http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-...of+Low-Carb%29
                                Oh I have a friend and he loves Bacon milkshakes...LOL...I could really use one right about now...Im starving
                                Be strong, but not rude.
                                Be kind, but not weak.
                                Be bold, but don't bully.
                                Be humble, but not shy.
                                Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.