X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    The tea and the lunch than may be acceptable as a drive by?

-10°F that is cold. I think I only once encountered such a temperature in my life. Your mom knew what she did and prepared you for.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    The snow plow is probably pointless, since at this point it isn't actually sticking to anything but trees and eaves. We're not supposed to get down below freezing until tonight. We're at 36F now. The worst case accumulation is 3-4", which would put it in the top 20 snow events for our area. The low end predictions are 1-2".

I'm having flashbacks to the Feb 2011 snow. Twelve and a half inches overnight. The upper 1/3 of tree by the corner of my house came down on my car in the driveway. Most snow ever recorded in the DFW area.

The kid across the street is running around the yard, with a plate, trying to catch snow flakes. His mother has him bundled up in full snow suit, boots, gloves and a knitted ski mask. His parents must have ordered this get up online, from someplace in Canada. He looks like the little brother in A Christmas Story -- "I can't put my arms down!" During an extended oil embargo and winter weather induced school closure, my mom sent me out into -10 F weather to play dressed in less clothes -- with orders not to return in less than an hour unless some body part went numb.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Shall I come by with the snow plug, hot tea and a heater and a lunch of your choice?

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I'm holed up in my house watching it snow.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Anybody present?

Is there any reason to barricade the coffee and board up the windows and doors?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    I pray for your safty and your well beeing.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    The house is getting there. The range is back ordered into Feb. So nothing but microwaved food.

It's getting nuts here. Around three thousand cases a day in my county. ICU beds are nearly gone. Still no masks or social distancing.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Congrats.
    Thank you abd God bless. How is the house, O L ?

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Well, we are officially engaged. See what happens when there are no pow wows around here. I am calling her my “verlobter” german for “fiancé” since that word now implies that people are just living together. My how the meaning of words has changed. It tried to snow here today. I guess we will be restricted to 10 people at the wedding.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by gilisi View Post
    Hahaha.. maybe this year for her berfday I will put her gift in a air fryer box
    I see a karate chop in your future son !

Leave a comment:

• gilisi
    replied
    Originally posted by wardancer View Post
    My beautiful wife is an excellent baker of anything bakable ! LOL She can cook as well as any top rated chef ! But there are 2 things that have absolutely kicked her butt and that is a bread machine and an air fryer ! LOL Anytime I want to get under her skin , all I have to say is " maybe we should get an air fryer to make things easier for you" and I'll get that look from h*ll ! LMAO The bread machine had her so mad that I took it away when she wasn't looking so she wouldn't kill it !Or me ! LMAO
    Power was off about 2 hours today. A big limb came down in the alley about a half a block down and took out the cross bar on the pole and a limb across all 3 lines. Anyway , no power , just as well nap !
    Everyone stay safe , healthy and happy as possible !
    Hahaha.. maybe this year for her berfday I will put her gift in a air fryer box

Leave a comment:

• gilisi
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Chuy, my new range isn't here yet. I'm dying for mutton stew, with big chunks of cabbage, potatoes and carrots, please. The fry bread is optional....
    Chuy got you!

OLC you are in my prayers. I hope you, your kitchen and your car, and jet are all OK.

I just caught up on all the goings on...

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    I'm doing a happy dance here. The runoff election is finally history which means all the political ads and mailings will stop!!! Yay!!!

I got the "details" done of the stocking. All I need to do now is get it sewn together. I decided to add a lining to cover up the thread. I was looking at it, and thought that those threads could snag and break when someone put something in it. Happily, I have some pellon left, and it's enough to do both stockings. I'm going to start the 2nd one this weekend. It's supposed to be cold again-not even hitting 50, so I won't be venturing outside. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    I am sorry, we have only beef soup with marrow dumplings on the stove right now. The fry bread I think ist a must have to the soup.

Shopping is somewhat uncomfortable right now. Lockdown will be prolonged to the end of the month and than may be for another month and than for another one again.

It is expected at the moment that the over 80 year old people will be finished with vaccaination not until the end of March.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 01-05-2021, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.