Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just coming out of a food coma. First time I turned on my computer in a few days. I'm going to go continue to run amok around here by throwing toilet papering the building.
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
      I'm just coming out of a food coma. First time I turned on my computer in a few days. I'm going to go continue to run amok around here by throwing toilet papering the building.
      Kinda nice to unplug, isn't it? Even though we live in the boonies, and only have access to slow internet, I really don't miss being online when I'm off of work.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
        Kinda nice to unplug, isn't it? Even though we live in the boonies, and only have access to slow internet, I really don't miss being online when I'm off of work.
        It is nice to unplug for a while. When I was traveling to Canada I didn't have signal on my cell at all much past the border crossing on I-95 in Maine and I only had internet at the hotels and by the time I got to the hotels each night I was too tired to care to log on. It was kind of freeing to not have notifications, e-mails, voicemail, read FB drama, Twitter trash and the list goes on and on. The downside was that I couldn't stream Pandora to the radio in the car ad we had to listen to the same playlists on the iPods or what lame radio they had in boonies of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. It was worth it.

I'm at a computer for most of the day at work when I'm not filming or installing something so by the time I get home I don't even want to look at my phone.

Lots of leftovers out on the table.
        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

I'm just coming out of a food coma. First time I turned on my computer in a few days. I'm going to go continue to run amok around here by throwing toilet papering the building.
          don't get so exhausted you can't wash the nastiness off ya face dude. u gotta stop sleeping face down on that public transit going to work....

Comment

• i'll have some of them left overs teebs.

just made some iced tea- pomegranate green tea....

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
              never mind, little house reference took it back a bit too far. they had electricity im sure but not television.
              Last edited by Grits & Beans; 12-01-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• auntie cricket made some cherry cobbler. i took it when she wasn't looking n brought it here. help yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                  don't get so exhausted you can't wash the nastiness off ya face dude. u gotta stop sleeping face down on that public transit going to work....
                  I was so exhausted on my way into work this morning and I woke up with saliva all over my right cheek. True story. Gross.
                  sigpic

Comment

• taco tuesday two for one....

or you can get em free if you play a selena song and do the washing machine

Comment

• how bout el just puts on some george clinton and we pay for the tacos

i like selena though...can't lie hahaha
                      When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

I was so exhausted on my way into work this morning and I woke up with saliva all over my right cheek. True story. Gross.

dang...i hope it was just saliva bro...

LOL JK
                        When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

• there he is. where u been at

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                            there he is. where u been at

lurkin at powwows near you LOL

good to see u back too Gbeanz

"Show me somethin"

Comment

• thas cool

there was a two day thanksgiving powwow here but was too cold and i was jus lazy lol

Comment

• Well, I'm a bit late for the Thank God We Survived the Pilgrims feast report but (meaning ignore what I just said, LOL)....

I brined a turkey in a mix flavored with juniper berries, bay, brown mustard seeds, coriander, fennel, pepper corns, thyme, garlic, onion and cider. I made a chutney with cranberries, apricots, apples, crystallized ginger, onion, orange zest, cider vinegar and pecans to go with turkey. (It was killer on the sandwiches the next day.) We had wojapi, succotash, green beans with hazelnuts and dried cranberries, and mashed potatoes with chives and sour cream. Dessert was pumpkin pie and candied nuts with ginger.

For our after dinner entertainment, my cousin and I tried to assemble a jeweler's bench kit. Now that I'm an old geezer lady, my joints can't take bending over my work on an old school desk, LOL.

The 36" x 28" x 39" bench with three drawers, two catch trays and bench pin and mandrel supports came in two small boxes. All I was supposed to need was the included allen wrench, a flat head and philips screw driver. The instructions omitted the rubber mallet, the Foredom tool (to widen the counterbores enough to allow the screwheads to actually fit), a small chisel (to deepen the holes enough for the thread inserts to actually align with the bolt), the electric drill (to drill the missing pilot holes for the wood screws), and more arms than an octopus. I live in terror that there may have been a cell phone camera running, LOL. It was ugly.

Cranberry Chutney

1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped;
                                12 oz bag of fresh cranberries;
                                2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped;
                                1 medium onion, coarsely chopped;
                                2 Tbsp chopped crystallized ginger;
                                1/2 c dried apricots, coarsely chopped;
                                1 1/2 c light-brown sugar;
                                3/4 c water;
                                2/3 c cider vinegar;
                                Zest and juice of 2 oranges;
                                dash of nutmeg.

Combine cranberries, apples, orange zest and juice, sugar, water, vinegar, onion, apricots, ginger, and nutmeg in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat, and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes. Stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature, and serve.

Adapted from a recipe in Martha Stewart's Good Food.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.