X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ches
    replied
    Rain here heavy in Kentucky. I got a book about native americans, a woman’s white windbreaker with down feathers printed in it and a port side zipper pull. It is so nice, I may have to get a sex change operation. Also got a beautiful micro fleece lodge blanket south western style. I just gave the daughter and family money so they could get what they wanted or needed.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I'm almost ready for Christmas Eve. I've got my tamales and the makings for quelites for dinner. We have a half day at work tomorrow. I'm going to make ginger cashews tomorrow afternoon, so I have some sweet and spicy munchies.

I'll try to put up my new tree for the night, after the cats wrecked my old one last week. I've loaded up the iPad with Christmas music. I dug out the Christmas Story DVD -- "You'll shoot your eye out."

We're having a lot of wind with the cold front coming through. Part of the epic cardboard collection in my neighbor's driveway is plastered against my dining room windows. I have pile of boxes blowing back and forth across the porch. The cats are running amok. The flapping is exciting my Siamese princess. She is playing hockey with a soda bottle cap in the dining room.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 12-24-2020, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Well , local gift baskets of cookies are delivered and everything is done for Christmas. Subeeds , cuz , go thru AARP and book your rental ! 30% discount ! You should get 1 for less than 25 a day. When I went to Oklahoma last time I had a full luxury car for 75 for 3 days ! That thing was nice ! LOL I didn't know how to make everything work , but it sure was comfy ! LOL
    Everyone have a warm safe healthy Christmas ! Don't forget to say Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Nice having a girlfriend to experience Christmas this year. We have meant a lot to each other getting through the isolation and decreased social contact. If I find a cave somewhere, I may become a hermit when and if this is over with.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Got a nice pre Chruistmas surprise.

A Mercedes E class dragged along the left bollar of my driveway on wending around and fled. We are situated in a dead end street with no turnaound. It is the fith or sixt driver this year.

Furtunately, the bolard is made of stainless steel and deep imbedded with concrete. Grinding and painting will do.

Else, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    OLC, congrats on getting something free from Amazon. LOL!

What a couple of days. Something is going out in the rear of the truck-I forget how many possibilities hubby named. I'm picking up a rental car in the morning because we can't get it into the dealer until the 28th. Of course it would do it over a holiday. Oh well. Since we live in the boonies, a taxi is $25 one way. Took one to work and home already, and back to work tonight. It's nearly cheaper to rent a car.

It's supposed to be really cold by Christmas. Christmas Eve is supposed to be warm-in the 70s-until it rains. The low Christmas morning is supposed to hit 29 and we will struggle to hit 50 for a couple of days. I know what I will be doing. I'll be bundled up on the sofa working on Christmas stockings and watching movies. LOL!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Merry Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• dustheko
    replied
    Wow, Awesome... :) :) :)

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Enjoy a free Christmas present by Amazon. They won't do it often. You may get a second set of blades for the present in case you need it though I hope do not neeed it for another set of blades.

I can tell you that the floor in school gets damaged by the desinfection. I think it is the ethanol which solves the floor coating. But I do not know what kind of non natural floor coating we have. The color of the coting is black whith gray-white speckles and the desinfection turns the colors to round white spots and the coating gets softer, may be sticky liquid.

We are well as far as the virus is concerned. The rest, we try the best of what is possible.

I hope that everybody is well in body and mind.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 12-20-2020, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, the adventure of the saw blade holder continues. Yesterday, it emerged from shipping purgatory and was delivered to my friend's house. This morning, I got online and tried to get Amazon to cancel the refund. It wasn't a cheap item and I wanted to pay for it. But, the refund had already processed it and they couldn't charge me for it again. Finally, the customer service person told me Merry Christmas and to enjoy the present from Amazon.

I had a geezer moment today. I've been wanting a boot tray for my front entry. I'm afraid the overspray from the disinfectant is going to damage the floor. I mentioned this to my mom. Amazon delivered one yesterday. I was so excited. Then I thought back to being a kid. Boot trays weren't on the great Christmas present list. I'm old, LOL.

How's everyone else doing?

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Christmas cookies by Mom.

When I was in the Army, I got one package per week in December of those by Mom. It lasted a day or two at the utmost.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Tomorrow is the nerd's cookie baking party -- Zoom version. I don't know. I won't be there to throw the burning electric mixer out the door into the backyard. We could have a house fire.

The experimentalists are OK in the kitchen. But the theoreticians and the mathematician need to be watched. We won't discuss the former laser jock (me) and the PhD/MD, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Almost coffee time. And today we will do the christmas cookies. I will present virtual cookies for the cafe to go later this evening.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Greetings everyone , just checking in ! Coffee and a donut would be good ! The cookie factory has closed for the holidays and all shipments have made it to their destinations......finally ! The U.S.Mail is disappointing at best with all the packages taking about 2 days longer to get to their destinations and 1 in particular about 4 and the ensuing panic on the baker's part !Luckily that's done until the next holiday ! Now a trip to meet the kids to drop off their gifts and we'll come home and have our Christmas just the 2 of us ! Makes it difficult to really embrace the season , but doing the best we can !
    Hope everyone stays safe and healthy and has a wonderful Christmas !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Another Christmas present lost...

I suspect somewhere in north Texas, someone is staring at a fancy container for saw blades and asking "What the hello is this?"
    Sigh, than it might be better to deliver gifts personally when it will be possible rather to risk unique gifts lost to such an incident.

Is there some magic at work? I got a letter for mom by the local energy dealer due to a complain about his price increasement by 127% and got three additional letters intedned for total different persons.

I go tommorrow to the service center and give them the originals and complain again about the price increase.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X