Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a nice sandwich. Turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce...

I am not sure what has happened to my life. In my capacity as occasional safety officer with my company, I've written some weird all staff emails. Today took the cake.

While doing the reconstruction, the contractors have been leaving the doors open and we don't have a proper break room so people are eating in all kinds of places they don't normally, while failing to take out the trash. We're literally swarming with fruit flies. I was called upon to send an email explaining basic sanitary practices.

No one told me, while I was working on my PhD, that 20 years in I'd be writing emails explaining how to close the Drosophila buffet by taking out your d*&% trash. Can't I just sit in the corner of my lab and go back to my real life, LOL.

Comment

• Still alive ! Busy with Christmas stuff. I check in here but hardly post. Been fighting my multi-drive on my computer ! Since the windows 10 "improvement" it doesn't work correctly. So I uninstalled it/re-installed it. Removed old software , installed new software (8 times or more).Yesterday I went to micro center and got an external cd/dvd writer (multi-drive) and it came with software. Installed it , tried to burn a music cd , failed , uninstalled it , re-installed it , failed again. I'm ready to transfer it to the "boat anchor pile ! Been many months so can't go back to windows 7......
      Then last night our dog bit me ! Decided he'd rather sit by mom than go to bed......Grrrrrr so I'm ready to shoot him !
      I need coffee...................please !
      Last edited by wardancer; 12-15-2016, 10:42 AM. Reason: can't spell either !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I just got over a cold myself. One of the downsides of riding the 'ol public sardine cans (trains) is that nasty people cough and don't cover their mouths and then everyone near them gets their sick.
        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds
          That does sound good. I don't like Pam, I just lightly gease my casseroles with coconut oil or solid Crisco.

[MENTION=527]wardancer[/MENTION] you still alive?
          Originally posted by subeeds
          That does sound good. I don't like Pam, I just lightly gease my casseroles with coconut oil or solid Crisco.

Originally posted by subeeds View Post

Subeeds is posting in triplicate !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
            I need a nice sandwich. Turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce...

I am not sure what has happened to my life. In my capacity as occasional safety officer with my company, I've written some weird all staff emails. Today took the cake.

While doing the reconstruction, the contractors have been leaving the doors open and we don't have a proper break room so people are eating in all kinds of places they don't normally, while failing to take out the trash. We're literally swarming with fruit flies. I was called upon to send an email explaining basic sanitary practices.

No one told me, while I was working on my PhD, that 20 years in I'd be writing emails explaining how to close the Drosophila buffet by taking out your d*&% trash. Can't I just sit in the corner of my lab and go back to my real life, LOL.
            I feel your pain. We still have our fridge, microwave, and toaster oven but we don't have our proper break room back since now the general university public can just walk right through what once was a secured area - will be like this till next January. Not too big of a deal since I eat at my desk while watching old episodes of Top Gear anyway.
            CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
            sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by wardancer View Post
              It was her evil and good twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                Yeah, work internet hiccup. It didn't show up until I logged back in. Deleted them.

[MENTION=527]wardancer[/MENTION] Check out this site f you haven't. It might help with the Windows issues. Gizmo's Freeware Just search for Win10 stuff in the search box. Good luck. My new laptop has it, and I"m not crazy about it at all, but I"m getting used to it.

Oh, before I forget, guess what I"m getting for Christmas you guys??? Four new wheel bearings for my car. $500 bucks installed. It's in the shop now. Front one went out a few days ago, but today was the first day the shop had open to check it out. They said one was really, really bad, and one just bad. Hubby said since they all had the same amount of miles on them, replace them all. Makes sense, but bah, humbug.
                Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Thanks , the next time I feel like raising my blood pressure and kicking in the old anger issues I'll work on this super intelligent , super fast , used to do everything boat anchor ! Or I may just calmly buy a new one ! Grrrrrr...
                  Coffee please !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• I see frozen people.

Comment

• Coffee ! With extra heat ! -5 here this morning with a wind chill of -13. Brrrr......Horses are staying in the barn out of the wind ! Thomas goes out long enough to do his business and then back in the nice warm house !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• 70F at noon yesterday; 15F this morning. My 1920's house isn't built for this. I've got half the taps in house running to keep the pipes in the attic from freezing.

Comment

• Hello errbody! I was just passing through and thought I'd say hi! I hope everyone is well.
                          "I'm learning to accept the things that are beyond my control,
                          and working on improving the things that are." -RBTF

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                            I see frozen people.
                            LOL! My son and his wife live an hour east of Chicago and they moved this weekend. He called and was like "mom, it's soooo cold." I just laughed and said that's why he would only see his parents visit in mid summer.

I got the most incredible package from a cousin on my mom's side of the family. It was several postcards written to her and by her to my grandma. The earliest post ark is 1920 and the oldest one 1950. Before she even met my dad. It was a little peek into her life and so cool.

Comment

• A giant cup of ice, please.

We're about to have our company holiday get together. The founder's wife makes this hot spiced punch. It is really good, but she heats it up in a 1970's avocado green office/party sized percolator. It has so much sugar and other colloids that it has a boiling point 5-10F above that of water. In styrofoam cups it takes a good 30 mins to cool to drinkable. We always run around before the party warning the newbies and the temps not to take a big old slug of the stuff or you won't be able to taste anything until the new year, LOL.

It is going to be a weird party. We're losing a bunch of people. Two who have been here since my first day. Ms Freddie is retiring. She is one of those people who has a profound relationship with the Creator and just radiates peace and joy. We're not really friends, per say; she is my elder and is one of those people who deserves the title and respect. But it is going to be a big hole in my day without our daily exchange of greetings.
                              Last edited by OLChemist; 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• So, did you find a big cup of ice? LOL! It's a foggy early Christmas eve morning here. I have the weekend off and once I get home in a few hours, I'm not leaving until I have to come back to work Monday night. Traffic on I-95 is really heavy-and everybody is in a rush. I guess they think Florida will disappear if they don't hurry and get there.

I lost a very dear friend to cancer yesterday, I"m grateful she's out of pain, but I am going to miss her like crazy. One of those people that when you meet them, you know instantly you will be friends forever, and we were.

If you are traveling over this holiday weekend, please be safe, and have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.