X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    ROFL!!!!!

I'll just have coffee. I'm celebratin' Friday. I've got 6 days off in a row-get to come back and work 8 in a row, but I'll start dealin' with that next week. Saturday morning is supposed to be fantastic, around 78, so I"m gonna hit up some yard sales. Haven't done that in ages.

Ya'll try and behave-and if you can't behave, at least be entertaining so I will have something fun to read when I get back.

Must be tough working all the time.

sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• Oh, lordy I'm so pathetic.

There is an optical component company called ThorLabs. They started when I was in grad school. They did a promotional where they printed little boxes labelled "Lab Snacks," filled them with bags of peanuts, crackers, cookies, and candy, and put them in with your order. I guess they knew in most academic labs, grad students -- perpetually broke and hungry grad students -- placed the orders for optics mounts etc. They made instant, loyal customers. The promotion became a permanent thing. I'm willing to bet you say ThorLabs to half optical scientists, fifty and under, and a hungry little smile will come over their face and they'll wistfully sigh "Lab Snacks."

I just got a order from ThorLabs. Five hundred plus dollars of laser components and I'm digging through the crate for box with $1-2 worth of snacks. Within thirty seconds, three PhD's and two guys with masters, who could all go to the store and buy all the cookies they could possibly want, were in the hall, clustered around this little red box, divying up the treats, LOL.

Do a google image search for "Lab Snacks" You'll find dozens of pictures of red boxes, grinning nerds of all ages and their laser tables.

Oh, and they make the opto-mechanical component you wish had invented.
      Last edited by OLChemist; 01-23-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• All you suckers that gotta work and slave all day this is for you.
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• For those retired folks like me who don't have to work anymore, get those Red Horse Cafe cooks hopping and popping cause it breakfast in bed, baby.
          sigpic

Comment

• You know , I'm still waiting on my "Brown Sugar".......you know , for my oatmeal !
            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Dingle Berry cereal! That was a good laugh.

It's almost lunch time here on the right coast, so whats on the menu?
              CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
              sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                Dingle Berry cereal! That was a good laugh.

It's almost lunch time here on the right coast, so whats on the menu?

Sandwich made by Red Horse cooks. They are the only ones who know where sandwiches live.
                sigpic

Comment

• Better be careful around the cooks, they are a little sensitive about the food.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                    You know , I'm still waiting on my "Brown Sugar".......you know , for my oatmeal !

Jesus the cook made this for you and said your brown sugar is in there.
                    sigpic

Comment

• LMAO...

how bout LING LING here huh?
                      Attached Files
                      When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

• We need to teach ling ling how to boil 'em up in a pot !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Nice to see you guys kept yourselves entertained. LOL! I thought I had moved to Ks. last week with WD and Eyes. I've never been under so many tornado warnings in m y life. Our go to local TV weather guy was talking about tornado outbreaks all day Sunday and you could tell he was tripping out. At one point he even said, that kind of stuff simply didn't happen in the South. We had one skip through the county for 16 miles-and it came within about a mile of the house, but we are good. A couple of places in the SW part of the state and kinda the southern central part got hit hard. We went and helped some friends in Adele for a day. Took hubby's tools over for them to use to rebuild their carport.

Anyhow, I"m hungry. It's Saturday night-pizza sounds good.
                          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Well , you're welcome here any time ! LOL We hardly ever have tornadoes here anymore ! We used to be right in what was called "tornado alley" , but it seems to have moved ! Maybe this non-existant climate change has affected it !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• And I'll have a slice of that pizza , even though it's sunday morning !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                                And I'll have a slice of that pizza , even though it's sunday morning !
                                Leftover pizza for breakfast-can't go wrong there. LOL!

At least you guys have a basement. I will take my chances on a tornado before I go under the house with the evil spiders and who knows what other creepy, scary stuff is spending the winter under there. LOL!
                                Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.