• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ndnsoldierboy
    It is useless to resist.
    • Oct 2004

Happy birthday TaShunka Luta.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• subeeds
      small bead addict
      • Aug 2006

Well, I was kinda hungry until I read about the mouses being torn in half. Guess I'll settle for a glass of tea.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• wyo_rose
        Ready to dance
        • Jun 2002

Yeah, I was hungry, but the mouse story will sure help my diet. :)

Reminds me of the time we bought a male and a female hamster. BIg mistake. We had a hamster breeding facility in no time. The only way to keep them separated was to keep them in buckets...and a lot of the females would eat the lower half of their young...yuck!!

So yeah! Yay diet!!
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

• OLChemist
          Pow Wow Committee
          • May 2002

I just had a disturbing mental image of some high school coach/health teacher having a safe sex talk with a hamster....

Comment

• subeeds
            small bead addict
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
            Yeah, I was hungry, but the mouse story will sure help my diet. :)

Reminds me of the time we bought a male and a female hamster. BIg mistake. We had a hamster breeding facility in no time. The only way to keep them separated was to keep them in buckets...and a lot of the females would eat the lower half of their young...yuck!!

So yeah! Yay diet!!
            Alrighty then. STILL not hungry.

Comment

• wardancer
              I'm still here with Eyes!
              • Sep 2000

Storms went through. Power's out. Going to bed. Will see the damage tomorrow!
              I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
              It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                It is useless to resist.
                • Oct 2004

BBQ is ready, who wants BBQ?!
                sigpic
                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• wyo_rose
                  Ready to dance
                  • Jun 2002

That's usually when my BBQ is done, too...the middle of the night. :)

But sounds good! I'll take a plate to go.
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                    It is useless to resist.
                    • Oct 2004

Ice cream for all. I like ice cream, even in this dreary winter weather we are having in the great Pacific Northwest.
                    sigpic

Comment

• subeeds
                      small bead addict
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post

Ice cream for all. I like ice cream, even in this dreary winter weather we are having in the great Pacific Northwest.
                      Ice cream works for me. It was in the 80s here today and supposed to be there again tomorrow, too.

Comment

• wyo_rose
                        Ready to dance
                        • Jun 2002

MMmmmm....Tillamook ice cream for everybody! Best ice cream I ever had!

...it is what it is...

Comment

• wardancer
                          I'm still here with Eyes!
                          • Sep 2000

No ice cream ! LOL Coffee ! I'm beginning to tire of this weather. Spring should put it's foot down. 3 days ago it was 75 and had been around that for several days. Yesterday we got 1/2" of snow , yes snow ! This morning it was 17 degrees ! Supposed to get to 45 today , and by Sunday 75 ! My sinus's can't keep up ! So GRrrrrr.....and BRrrrrrr.....I give up.
                          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• subeeds
                            small bead addict
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                            No ice cream ! LOL Coffee ! I'm beginning to tire of this weather. Spring should put it's foot down. 3 days ago it was 75 and had been around that for several days. Yesterday we got 1/2" of snow , yes snow ! This morning it was 17 degrees ! Supposed to get to 45 today , and by Sunday 75 ! My sinus's can't keep up ! So GRrrrrr.....and BRrrrrrr.....I give up.
                            I'll have coffee, too. It's too cold for ice cream. We had record heat until Sun., now we are having record cold. High Sat. was 85, we barely hit 55 today-and it was windy so we had wind chill. Low tonight is supposed to be around 27. It's not supposed to be that cold here this time of year. I'll take extreme heat any day. LOL!

It hasn't helped with the pollen, either. My car, the front porch and everything else had a fairly heavy coating of yellow "dust" on it. My allergies are killin' me, even with allergy meds.

I've got another 6 days off so I can work 8, so I will just keep my head buried in the Kindle app on my laptop. At least there isn't any pollen in there.

Comment

• subeeds
                              small bead addict
                              • Aug 2006

Where is everybody? Did this place get condemned or something and I missed it??

Comment

• OLChemist
                                Pow Wow Committee
                                • May 2002

In TX, OK and KS hiding in the cellar and hanging on so we don't go to Oz.

I've just been told I'll be trapped in my lab. As part of the world's longest post flood repair process, they're laying carpet today. We can't walk on it. However, we're still supposed to work -- productively and efficiently. This makes a sense is some universe other than the one I live in.

I'm on old lady. My needs are simple. I really want to return to a workplace where when Nature calls, I can answer without asking: Is the water is on? Do I need to take a flashlight? Is the paint on the door trim wet (and unmarked)? Will I step through the doorway to discover the floor is covered with fresh tile adhesive and no one hung a sign? Is the hallway blocked with equipment? Will the stall door fall off? Do I need to take batteries for the flush valve? Am I going to have to drive a mile to our machine shop to use their bathroom?

I'd order a beverage, but I'll just need to got to the potty. So, I'll wait.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.