Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redhorse cafe

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Only in America.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...





    Comment


    • Morning all! Did anyone put the coffee on yet?

      All of this construction happening in my building is driving me insane! No stop hammer drilling, chunks of steel being dropped, foot traffic being rerouted, the ramp on our loading dock is blocked off...

      Taking off tomorrow to go see the New England Black Wolves play the Georgia Swarm (National Lacrosse League) in CT with my fam. It's Native American night tomorrow and the Thompson Brothers (Onondaga) and some other ndn players from both teams will be doing meet-n-greet stuff. Actually leaving tonight to avoid the horrid CT Traffic, "should" only be a 4 and a half hour drive.
      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
      sigpic

      Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
        All of this construction happening in my building is driving me insane! No stop hammer drilling, chunks of steel being dropped, foot traffic being rerouted, the ramp on our loading dock is blocked off...
        I feel your pain. We seem to be approaching an end to our 7 month post flood ordeal. I think there may have been a record set for the number of times something had to be redone because it wasn't done right the first time (or second time).

        Have fun at the game. CT driving, yuck!. CT would be OK, if it got moved away from NYC.

        Comment


        • Yes , as usual , COFFEE ! Thanks!
          I used to have a friend(I know,amazing right)in Tx that was full blood Onondaga. He's gone now , but a good Traditional dancer and a good friend.
          Good news is the sun is out today ! The bad news is our furnace ignitor went bad ! I can light it manually , but that's a pain. Found a new ignitor on e-bay , ordered and will be here by Monday....hopefully sooner.The last time I had a furnace guy fix it , it cost about 140 bucks ! The ignitor is 20 bucks and takes about 10 minutes to change ! LOL It's well worth the wait !
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


          They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

          There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

          Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !


          sigpic


          There's a chance you might not like me ,

          but there's a bigger

          chance I won't care

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
            Morning all! Did anyone put the coffee on yet?

            All of this construction happening in my building is driving me insane! No stop hammer drilling, chunks of steel being dropped, foot traffic being rerouted, the ramp on our loading dock is blocked off...

            Actually leaving tonight to avoid the horrid CT Traffic, "should" only be a 4 and a half hour drive.
            Yes coffee all morning and in a few minutes.

            I can imagine your pain and your ears ringing.

            Hey that sounds as if you are driving around here but you don't. Seems and spreading epedemy over the motorized world.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

            True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

            “Tell me, and I will listen.
            Show me, and I will understand.
            Involve me, and I will learn.”
            Lakota Proverb

            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.
            Living one day at a time,
            Enjoying one moment at a time,
            Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
            (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
              G&B you don't want to hear about an ordinary time at work:
              LOL.


              Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
              While I'm waiting, I'll work a program to batch edit their machining instruction files. I do love reverse engineering binary header files to locate key values. (Actually I do kind of like hunting for patterns in hex editors.) This particular big endian isn't my cousin. (Sorry, nerd puns.)

              You can't have always little endian.

              Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
              Sorry you asked about an ordinary day yet, LOL.
              We got what was asked for.
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

              True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

              “Tell me, and I will listen.
              Show me, and I will understand.
              Involve me, and I will learn.”
              Lakota Proverb

              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              Courage to change the things I can,
              And wisdom to know the difference.
              Living one day at a time,
              Enjoying one moment at a time,
              Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
              (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

              Comment


              • mornin ndns

                me thinkin cheezburger, fries n iced tea for lunch today

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                  me thinkin cheezburger, fries n iced tea for lunch today
                  Oh, that sounds so good.

                  Medium/medium rare with bacon; a fresh, ripe tomato slice; a few leaves of iceberg lettuce, none of these hipster micro-greens that the local snooty burgher places are putting on their patties; a touch of mustard and mayo; and a nice spicy dill pickle slice or two. Hold the fries. A tall glass of bracing Luzanne tea with a hint of sugar and a touch of lemon.

                  *Rose wipes the drool off her keyboard and looks at her healthy, low-calorie lunch with loathing.*

                  Comment


                  • I got to go to the Apple store and buy a new iMac. The graphics card on my 8 year old iMac, from the first batch of 27" models, died for the second time. This time, I'm not replacing it. The machine can go to its eternal reward, or at least the city recycling station. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.... (Damn liberal arts education and too much Verdi and Motzart again, LOL.)

                    I hate Apple's retail model. Anyone want to wade into the sea of iPhone freaks and try to flag down someone in the right kind of polo shirt for me? There is no time of day when the local store isn't jammed. It's like shopping at GON, LOL. But, I'm too impatient to wait for delivery. I was twitching last night without my dear computer Horta.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                      I got to go to the Apple store and buy a new iMac. The graphics card on my 8 year old iMac, from the first batch of 27" models, died for the second time. This time, I'm not replacing it. The machine can go to its eternal reward, or at least the city recycling station. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.... (Damn liberal arts education and too much Verdi and Motzart again, LOL.)
                      In nomine Patris et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
                      I quite that language after the small Latinum.
                      Great Latinum is necessary for physicians not engineers.


                      I remember the difference beteen
                      Alea jacta est and aleae jactae sunt.
                      Der Würfel ist gefallen versus Die Würfel sind gefallen.
                      Made famous by the French cartoon Asterix and Obelix.

                      Then we have the circus i.e. circo massimo
                      Ave Caesar morituri te saltutant.
                      Heil Dir Caesar, die Totgeweihten grüßen Dich.

                      Caligula ({nick name} soldiers boot's for Gaius Caesar Augustus Germanicus) is nasty:

                      Oderint dum metuant

                      Sie mögen mich hassen, solange sie mich nur fürchten.

                      Yeah, sometime later they didn't fear him enough any longer and killed him.
                      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

                      True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                      Black Elk

                      “Tell me, and I will listen.
                      Show me, and I will understand.
                      Involve me, and I will learn.”
                      Lakota Proverb

                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      Courage to change the things I can,
                      And wisdom to know the difference.
                      Living one day at a time,
                      Enjoying one moment at a time,
                      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                        mornin ndns

                        me thinkin cheezburger, fries n iced tea for lunch today
                        I'll have 1 with all the fix'ns ! LOL
                        "G" will have tree bark , sawdust and pinon nuts !
                        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


                        They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

                        There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

                        Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !


                        sigpic


                        There's a chance you might not like me ,

                        but there's a bigger

                        chance I won't care

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                          Oh, that sounds so good.

                          Medium/medium rare with bacon; a fresh, ripe tomato slice; a few leaves of iceberg lettuce, none of these hipster micro-greens that the local snooty burgher places are putting on their patties; a touch of mustard and mayo; and a nice spicy dill pickle slice or two. Hold the fries. A tall glass of bracing Luzanne tea with a hint of sugar and a touch of lemon.

                          *Rose wipes the drool off her keyboard and looks at her healthy, low-calorie lunch with loathing.*
                          u got it

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                            I'll have 1 with all the fix'ns ! LOL
                            "G" will have tree bark , sawdust and pinon nuts !


                            u got it wd

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
                              In nomine Patris et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
                              I quite that language after the small Latinum.
                              Great Latinum is necessary for physicians not engineers.


                              I remember the difference beteen
                              Alea jacta est and aleae jactae sunt.
                              Der Würfel ist gefallen versus Die Würfel sind gefallen.
                              Made famous by the French cartoon Asterix and Obelix.

                              Then we have the circus i.e. circo massimo
                              Ave Caesar morituri te saltutant.
                              Heil Dir Caesar, die Totgeweihten grüßen Dich.

                              Caligula ({nick name} soldiers boot's for Gaius Caesar Augustus Germanicus) is nasty:

                              Oderint dum metuant

                              Sie mögen mich hassen, solange sie mich nur fürchten.

                              Yeah, sometime later they didn't fear him enough any longer and killed him.
                              Argh, caught out again. Other than "Hail Cesar, we who are about to die salute you," I'm lost.

                              Between being an American and a Protestant I only know the Latin that is on our money, LOL. And those phrases which are in the Requiem Mass, because I love Mozart and Verdi's Requiems. And the few bits of the Satires of Juvenal, Metamorphoses, and the Vulgate that Dr C. shared in Humanities 180.

                              I want points for remembering I even took Humanities 180.. Ancient Middle Eastern and Mediterranean philosophy and literature at 3:30pm in a hot classroom is a powerful soporific. Studying you white guys is hard work, LOL. j/k

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                                Studying you white guys is hard work, LOL. j/k
                                Ahhhh , so you've reduced yourself to racial profiling ! Dang ndns....all a bunch of racists !
                                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


                                They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

                                There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

                                Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !


                                sigpic


                                There's a chance you might not like me ,

                                but there's a bigger

                                chance I won't care

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                • jingle genie
                                  Dream Job
                                  by jingle genie
                                  If ya could have any job in the whole wide world... what would you do??? And why would you want to do that??
                                  10-23-2003, 06:15 PM
                                • bigskymt
                                  Need Recipes for Powwow Feed
                                  by bigskymt
                                  Hi,
                                  Just wondering if anyone has info on recipes for beef soup and frybread to feed 200-300 people at an outdoor powwow? My step-father passed and we would like to honor him with a feed but have never done this before. I would appreciate suggestions on recipes, ingredients, cooking times, equipment...
                                  08-19-2007, 04:18 AM
                                • GoggenGH
                                  What would you bring with you on a deserted Iceland?
                                  by GoggenGH
                                  If you were forces to live on a small Iceland, big enough to do a powwow dance, alone, what would you bring with you?
                                  There are off course fresh water and enough fruits to survive on your Iceland.
                                  And it's hot enough to not fresh at night.
                                  BUT no electricity, so sorry, you would...
                                  02-24-2011, 08:12 AM
                                • kitchemanitou
                                  Christian Pickup Lines!!
                                  by kitchemanitou
                                  THIS IS JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU LAUGH.

                                  Christian Pick-up Lines

                                  1) Nice bible

                                  2) I would like to pray with you

                                  3) You know Jesus, Me too

                                  4) God told me to come talk to you

                                  5) I know a church where we...
                                  03-19-2005, 06:53 PM
                                • Paul G
                                  PowWows.com Quizes
                                  by Paul G
                                  PowWows.com is excited to open another new feature of the site!

                                  You now can take quizes and compete against each other in trivia contests. The categories will range from sports, music, movies, to history, and Pow Wows.

                                  There is only 1 quiz currenlty, but try your luck...
                                  06-18-2002, 10:31 AM

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                • OLChemist
                                  Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                  by OLChemist
                                  *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

                                  Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                  06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X