X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLChemist
    replied
    Another Christmas present lost in Amazon's delivery system. I suspect somewhere in north Texas, someone is staring at a fancy container for saw blades and asking "What the hello is this?"
    Last edited by OLChemist; 12-18-2020, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    We were on the south side of that mess that went through OK and MO. It went from nearly 80F on Friday to 30F this morning. It rained or misted all day yesterday. Thankfully, no freezing rain.
    I think that's what is supposed to be here around Wednesday and dropping our temps again.

I am working on the stocking still. There's no way I will get that done and in the mail so it will arrive by Cmas.. He's not even a year old yet, so he won't remember. That's how I'm easing my guilty conscience since I procrastinated. This way, I can get the one for his dad done, too and mail them both at the same time. LOL! My hands are letting me know they aren't too happy with me. Some of the felt pieces are small, and get embroidered or beaded, and I end up holding them with my hand all scrunched up. If anybody is interested, I got them from a place I've been buying needlework stuff-mostly DMC floss- for decades. It's called Herschnners, and they have just about any kind of needle work stuff you could want, and other craft stuff, too.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    We are up and down. 32°F to about 40°F and back. Moisty and the bones complain.

Snow, may be next year, may be not.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    We were on the south side of that mess that went through OK and MO. It went from nearly 80F on Friday to 30F this morning. It rained or misted all day yesterday. Thankfully, no freezing rain.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Good Grief ! Now that deer season is over for December , the temps went from mid 70S to a brisk 21 degrees F this morning ! Brrrr.... My brother down in Oklahoma got 6" of snow yesterday and even our daughter down south of us an hour or so got snow ! We however , did not ! Not complaining though , we enjoy roads that are not slick ! LOL
    Hope everyone stays warm , safe , and healthy !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hrd4Sw0peZg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Chuy, some Christmas cookies and a cup of tea.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SeJHyGIJQh8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    That is quite warm for a december. Sounds as if you have our late spring temperatures.

Indeed crazy.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    well , my hunting season , which was ok for the first few days , came to an abrupt halt with sudden warming to the low 70s ! Too warm to have time to kill a deer , skin and process it before it would spoil ! So I packed in my gear and decided to wait for the extended season in January. The weather should be cold by then ! This is crazy !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Lock down is coming. School close on Monday until 10th of January. One week distance schooling.

The anounncement was amde on Friday afternoon after all schools had already closed. Says, we got the emails today in the early mornig, if you looked up the office mails at home on a Saturday.

But schools are not the spots where infections occur in numbers. About what I know, a few cases which nevertheless cause enough difficulties.

All please stay safe and healthy. I pray and light candles.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Cold here again. I do have a few azaleas with flowers on them. Poor things-the weather has them so confused. I am tired and crabby tonight. I have to go get blood work done in the morning when I get off work, so I have entered the fasting phase of my evening. Nothing major happening with me. The docs seem to think my thyroid might be retiring a little more and I might need to up those meds. LOL!

I decided at the last minute to get a felt stocking kit and make my newest grandson a stocking for his first Christmas. Nothing like waiting till the last minute for a labor intensive project. LOL! Then, when I was ordering it, I realized that the kiddo didn't have a handcrafted stocking, so I got a kit to make one for him too. It's kind of slow going because I can't find the LED light I Used to use when I was beading. I may try looking for it again. I spent nearly a day rounding up needles that had eyes I could get embroidery thread thru, and get beads down it. Never did find my stuffing, so I had to get another bag. I have craft stuff in about a dozen plastic totes-and that's after I thinned out a lot of stuff. I'm not a hoarder-I just like to have stuff so I don't have to go buy it when I want to make something-like stuffing. LOL!

WD made me hungry with his venison listings. There was a guy coming off of the clay road the other day with a buck on the back of his truck. Running deer with dogs is common down here, and to me, that just ruins the meat with all the adrenaline.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Another:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bJFJlO4z-0g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    A little holiday music:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YkwlR6EnOps" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
    Well this week flew by fast. One week closer to spring lol

Taquitos and iced tea sound real good right about now
    Wouldn' be hot coffee, tea a chice in the cold days?

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    Well this week flew by fast. One week closer to spring lol

Taquitos and iced tea sound real good right about now

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.