X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Thick walls are good to keep the heat out. Overhangs and trees which give shadow to the house helps too.

As corona is declining, I visited with Mom the abbey Mariawald. As there no moks any longer you can visit. Outside, hot and you were sweeting. Inside cooool. OK, in winter it is cold.

Last night we had thunderstorm but I missed hearing the thunder and seeing the lightning. I awoke when the rain was falling, it was a lot of rain but nothing dangerous.

It has cooled down a bit but I think that wan't hold for much more hours.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    The heat has settled in all over, I think. OLC, could your grid issues be from not everything be repaired from that winter disaster? I can't begin to imagine how people handled intense heat before electricity and fans were invented. I guess they just built their houses well, and got everything done before the heat set in. Our house was built before central heat and air were common, and we've got sets of windows in each room, so no matter which way the breeze is blowing (if there is one), it will blow through the house. The fact that it's a shotgun house helps, too, along with the deep overhangs on the front and back porch, and the trees they left standing when they built the house.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Hot hot for our terms.We passed in some areas the 100°F.

I hope for rain and cooling down.

Stay safe and cool.

I will get an split air condition system at least for the bedroom. Question is this year or next year. I am feeling like in a steam in the night.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    It's already way hot here as well ! Oklahoma calls , so a quick down and back over the weekend to finish up some family business. I think about 6 -7 hours each way. Should be uneventful ! (I hope) Everyone stay safe , stay healthy !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    No one move to Texas unless you bring your local electric generating plant with you. We've been burdened with all these people fleeing CA. But, they are coming without power plants (and roads).

It's June, we're not in our hottest part of the year yet. But, our lovely gird operator is asking us to raise our thermostats to >80F. They are threatening us with rolling blackouts. It's not in the triple digits yet -- like say July, Aug and Sept. We used only get these notices when it was over 105F. It's 96F and we've only got 3100MW reserve generating capacity spun up. We've turned into blankity blank CA and other third world countries.

(No, I will never be asked to join the Chamber of Commerce for the state of California.)

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    So ????? Well one of the post I made posted ! LOL Lets see if this one does !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Sending a post reply was answered by an error message but the post was real.

Is there somebody playing games with us.

Leave a comment:

• Toolbox
    replied
    Test message. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain for I'm, I mean he, is not real.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    So, Sun. was hubby's 40th wedding anniversary ,and Mon. is mine. LOL! We got married on the 14th, put the preacher put the date on the license as the 13th, so we have two anniversaries.

It's hot, crazy humid, and storming in the afternoons. Summer has arrived.
    Last edited by subeeds; 06-14-2021, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I’m glad you’re okay.

I hope you can see this. I haven’t been able see any of the new posts since Friday.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Rose wipes the dust off the stools at the counter. She throws away the unidentifiable pie, turned penicillin mold farm....

Wow, I guess my musically taste ran everyone off, LOL.

Rose goes over to the jukebox and puts the original selections back.
    Hey , where'd my science project go ? I left it right here on the counter !(looks at everyone accusingly !)Dang , that was a whole 2 months of work ! Oh well , somebody prolly got hungry ! LOL

Went from barley out of winter to solid rain to desert heat , no rain in sight ! The last storm rolled through and tore up lots of stuff ! 70 mph wind blew down trees , broke utility poles , took some roofs.......all went about 5 miles north and west of us ! Crazy. Hope everyone is doing well !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    OK forum weirdness again. Can't see WD's post except in the topic review.

*Rose gets out some applesauce since she's out of pie.* Keep it in the hood this time, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Rose wipes the dust off the stools at the counter. She throws away the unidentifiable pie, turned penicillin mold farm....

Wow, I guess my musically taste ran everyone off, LOL.

Rose goes over to the jukebox and puts the original selections back.
    Hey , where's my science experiment ? Dang , that was 6 months of research ! Dang , now I have to start all over ! I need a piece of apple pie ! In this heat it shouldn't take long !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, my three legged kitten -- yes, I know when the cat is six, it isn't really a kitten -- is out of kitty jail. When I came home on Tues, someone other than me had eaten maybe a lizard and thrown it up all over the living room, TV room and half of the state of Texas. On Weds some still unidentified cat had thrown up all over the house, including the freshly scrubbed floors and my bed. On Thursday morning, I caught the culprit barfing on my shoes.

After an epic -- at least for the old lady with the bad hips -- chase, I got Olivia in a carrier and to the vet. An ultrasound, x-rays, lab tests, sub-q fluids, anti-nausea meds, and a 48 hour terrified cat serenade, the conclusion is: "we don't know, maybe a bad lizard."

I'm glad it's not something horrible, but after all the drama you want an firm answer.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 06-12-2021, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    84°F, feeling as if you are bathing but no rain. I can't tell if I should water the pots or not.

Not my weather. Wind is going but does not bring cooling. I am comfortable with 64 to 70°F. Some clouds, sun shine and rain in the night.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.