Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the jukebox. Anyone notice how this place has been overrun with zombies? I fixed it right around the end.

WARNING - there's an F-bomb in this video
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W4tVH7BPb-Q?start=46" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Toolbox; 09-05-2017, 10:57 AM.
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• I need...coffee, comfort food and a Tardis. LOL! Hotel reservations are made for Hurricane Irma evacuation. Leaving Sat morning and coming home (hopefully) Wed.. If we get real lucky, I'll be able to cancel the reservations. It's so much easier to cancel them than trying to scramble trying to find a room that doesn't exist. People are now having to go north of Atlanta to find rooms. Hurricane Matthew last year worried me, but Irma is scaring the **** outta me. That is one big bad storm.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Run. Get out. Go far far away.

If it were me, I think I'd stop somewhere in -- oh, say -- Iowa.

Comment

• What a crazy hurricane season we are having. Not only did Harvey hit Texas badly, now Irma is going to work her way to the US and now tropical storm Jose is expected to turn into a full on hurricane tonight is threatening to whoop us.

Irma and Jose have the possibility of coming straight up the coast and hitting us as well. Let's just hope that it makes a mostly eastward turn and goes out to sea, otherwise these storms could be as bad as Sandy. I'm far enough inland that most hurricanes and tropical storms just make a mess and knock out trash cans over and prune the trees. When Sandy came through it knocked out power to a lot of our area but my town, for whatever reason, has privatized the electric utility and we have our own electric department with their own equipment so while they charge us more per month we only ever go no more than 5 mins without power. The biggest pain is these storms make a mess of the railroads and the overhead catenary power system so getting to and from work sucks for a week or so while they fix and clean up the entire system.

Just make sure you have charged up all of your devices and power tools and have flashlights and batteries ready. I bought one of those 10,000mAh battery packs for my phone last year when I went on vacation and it's enough to charge it 2.5 times. My truck also has USB charging ports and a build in 115v 100 watt inverter. I also have a charged 12v lead acid battery - the small type you would have in a security system or in my case from an older Verizon fiber terminal.
          sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• May both storms return to the sea and die out there.
            I hope and pray for the very best for all of you.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
            Show me, and I will understand.
            Involve me, and I will learn.”
            Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.
            Living one day at a time,
            Enjoying one moment at a time,
            Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
            (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• We will be headed out Sat. for sure. Wind gusts here on Mon. are expected to be in excess of 100 m.p.h.. Coming into work tonight, there was nothing but a steady stream of headlights headed North. Stopped to top off the gas tank, and nothing was available except for hi-test/premium. Thank heaven that's what my car takes. This waiting for Irma is getting on my last nerve.

Teebs ,fill your trash cans with water, and it will weigh them down so they don't blow around.

Comment

• Let's hope all concerned are getting sound and safe through the hurricane seasons. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                  We will be headed out Sat. for sure. Wind gusts here on Mon. are expected to be in excess of 100 m.p.h.. Coming into work tonight, there was nothing but a steady stream of headlights headed North. Stopped to top off the gas tank, and nothing was available except for hi-test/premium. Thank heaven that's what my car takes. This waiting for Irma is getting on my last nerve.

Teebs ,fill your trash cans with water, and it will weigh them down so they don't blow around.
                  I'm going to tie the lids shut and then tie them into the little fenced in spot where they stay. Unless it's Tuesday and the trash and recycling people come by. They have a bad habit of not putting them back in their correct spot. From the latest map on CNN it looks like it is going to lose most of it's power by the time it hits South Carolina.

Be safe out there!
                  sigpic

Comment

• My county is now under a mandatory evac starting Sat.. We were planning on heading out then, so...

Stuff gathered to pack-check
                    Car mentally packed-check
                    Kindle loaded-check
                    Last nerve frayed from waiting to go-check, check and check.

Comment

• Just a little something to put things in perspective.

Comment

• Looks very bad.

May it turn away or better shut down and you and everybody be save.
                        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                        Show me, and I will understand.
                        Involve me, and I will learn.”
                        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                        Courage to change the things I can,
                        And wisdom to know the difference.
                        Living one day at a time,
                        Enjoying one moment at a time,
                        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Stay safe Su! Hopefully it weakens by a lot before it does much more damage.
                          sigpic

Comment

• There are no hurricanes in Kansas ! Good luck to everyone in the path of any of those storms !

Now , I'll have some coffee !
                            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• yo wassup my natives?

hey teebs did ya go check out burning man? i know u wanted to lol jk

be safe beeds dont get hit wit any flying coconuts or nothing....

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                                yo wassup my natives?

hey teebs did ya go check out burning man? i know u wanted to lol jk

be safe beeds dont get hit wit any flying coconuts or nothing....
                                You'll never catch me at burning man, although they caught Chase Iron Eyes there and some others participating in some crazy drum thing with a bunch of drunk and stoned crusty hippie dudes.

Also the current track for Hurricane Irma has it heading towards the midwest so WD brace yourself for the leftovers!
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.