Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner was picadallo tacos and green beans.

Anyone else have anything good?

Comment

• Today we will have beef soup made according to grandmothers recipe.
      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• I'll have some stew ! And coffee.....then back to work !
        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Had lots of good food recently. A new BBQ place just opened up in town and other than a few minor issues with my order (we got it to-go) the food was amazing.
          CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
          sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Lots of coffee.
            And those claiming a path may be the goal, a strange point of view. Means losing game after game (on the path) is the goal? Because the path to the goal (winning a game = goal) is losing game after game and it's not certain to win in the end. I am not fond losing game after game (as that's what the path is like over a long time for many). Ugh...

Comment

• A rainy night here tonight. Bunch of crabby holiday travelers, too. Like its my fault they decided to hit the road along with 300 million other people. They think traffic is bad wait till they hit the lines at Disney. LOL!
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• In the news in Germany: French fries supposingly causing cancer therefore they ought to be sold less hot fried and shorter than usually. No joke. Since childhood I ate them but have no cancer. A pitty that I can't smoke cigarettes anymore because it got too expensive on my behalf. Nevertheless I agree, it does not smell nice; the smoke. Also it's a terrible addiction but I am smokefree since a year now. So what?

Comment

• Here they said it was the oil the fries were cooked n that caused cancer.
                  If anybody is looking for a decent deal on Kindle tablets, check out Amazon. We don't have any major electronic stores without driving 50 miles (one way), so online works for me. I got one of the Fire 7 tablets for $30.
                  Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                    We don't have any major electronic stores without driving 50 miles (one way), so online works for me. I got one of the Fire 7 tablets for $30.

Autsch, quite a way to go for shopping.
                    Surprised.
                    Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                    Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                      Here they said it was the oil the fries were cooked n that caused cancer.
                      If anybody is looking for a decent deal on Kindle tablets, check out Amazon. We don't have any major electronic stores without driving 50 miles (one way), so online works for me. I got one of the Fire 7 tablets for $30.
                      Is Kindle selling food tablets (trays) now too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
                        In the news in Germany: French fries supposingly causing cancer therefore they ought to be sold less hot fried and shorter than usually. No joke. Since childhood I ate them but have no cancer. A pitty that I can't smoke cigarettes anymore because it got too expensive on my behalf. Nevertheless I agree, it does not smell nice; the smoke. Also it's a terrible addiction but I am smokefree since a year now. So what?
                        See this article https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...ide-fact-sheet. Basically they suspect the culprit to be acrylamide, which is created when certain amino acids, like those found in potatoes, are heated above 120 degrees C.
                        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Did some shopping today. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought my wife a Mandoline, she has always wanted one, they were also giving out 20% off entire purchase coupons when I walked in. I then bought more Stress Coat at the aquarium store for the fish, and then went to Lowe's for some new filters for our kitchen water filter - made them price match Amazon. We also went to Bath and Body Works last night, against my policy of not shopping on Thanksgiving, so my wife could get some deal they were offering, mostly stuff for her but she also got some stuff for her sister.

I'm waiting for Cyber Monday to see if the Roku Ultra goes on sale. We want to replace our 5 year old Roku XS since it's showing signs of it's age - a lot of apps are optimized for the newer stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                            See this article https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...ide-fact-sheet. Basically they suspect the culprit to be acrylamide, which is created when certain amino acids, like those found in potatoes, are heated above 120 degrees C.
                            Thanks but I know what Acrylamide supposed to be responsible for in french fries. I never asked for what is this or that since I am informed. But I never had problems with what they say maybe causing cancer in foods. Every now and then they come up with something new anyway. Like the milk I find too sweet but it's no problem for anyone else even though a lot of people got diabeties.

Comment

• Good Morning and I hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had an awesome one ! We had tons of family and food and had an awesome few days with family here ! Now it's over and we're back at the re-muddling ! LOL And now Christmas is coming soon ! Even though we are NOT "Christians" we celebrate the season of giving and we love the trees ! LOL The SAMI peoples had some great ideas when it comes to this season !
                              A quick coffee and I'm off and running ! It's good to see we still have our German folks here ! I like that they find us interesting enough to hang out with. OK coffee's done , I gotta run !~ Laterzzzzz........
                              I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                              It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                                It's good to see we still have our German folks here ! I like that they find us interesting enough to hang out with. OK coffee's done , I gotta run !~ Laterzzzzz........

Yeah very interesting but psst, that is a manifold secret.

Just had milk and a small stripe of capuccino cake. No coffee this afternoon. Instead of runnning, I let some arrows fly.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.