Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee please. My arm is tired from swinging the banning hammer. LOL! I swear the spammers are once again coming out of the woodwork.
    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• You get all the coffee you want to stay awakw. LOL

Do you need some treatment against aching caused by swinging the banning hammer?
      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• My arm is good for now. LOL! Summer will be arriving starting tomorrow with high temps in the 90s. We are back to our regular afternoon thunderstorms for now. At least they cool down the heat.
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Today Ligthning, rain and humid. LOL, since Monday.

Thunderstorm does not cool down really, at least at my location. We have been lucky so far. Other parts not far away have had flooded streets.

Sunday shall be back to almost normal. Hopefully no thunderstorm and rain. We are having competition in field archery and lightning with rain would spoil the day.:
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Something for breakfast that doesn't come from a "free" hotel buffet.

Well, no good deed goes unpunished. I talked a fellow Guild student in to coming to Arrowmont for classes. She's was very nervous about the drive from Texas. She has about 85 maps, a GPS, an iPhone, a cooler,a battery charger, huge first aid kit, and a solar powered device for purifying water or signaling the mother ship. She had me go over the route a dozen times. She's been really tense about this back route we're going to take into the mountains to avoid driving through many of the tourist trap towns around the entrance to the National park. I've been telling her for two months everything will be fine.

Yesterday some guy just drove into the back bumper of her SUV while she was at the gas pump. The guy got out and told her he did it on purpose. He was some displaced extra from Deliverance. It was a total freak show. Fortunately the damage was cosmetic, some of his paint on her bumper, but she is totally freaked. (She also takes meticulous care of her vehicles.)

Today's drive is going to be rough, despite my plan to make today an easy day with time for us to play tourist. (I thought we stop at Red Clay State Park on the way, but now I think we just need to go straight to the hotel.) I hope she can calm down and enjoy her class when we get there tonight.

Comment

• I will pray for all of you.

Freaky, to bump a car by purpose. I now such car bumpers for insurance fraud.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Well , a step back in the healing process ! The point of impact area , on the forearm , which looked like a bad bruise , the skin has actually died and had to have that skin removed. So now we wait to hear from the plastic surgeon , maybe Monday.....skin graft probable. No fun at our house right now.
                I'll have a coffee before I run !~ Just finished chores , then lunch , the to the ER to have this new dressing changed. Ugh !
                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Fingers crossed and prayers. Hope the very best for an early and good replay on Monday.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Oh dear. I'll pray for her.

Comment

• Posting from my tablet ! Computer crashed ,Murphy'sLaw has taken over. Can't even get my emails .......yet. Sigh.....
                      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• Coffee Shop has opened.

Yesterdays sandwiches are for free.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• I just had a lovely breakfast of homemade blackberry jam and blueberry-lemon jam and homemade biscuits, in the Arrowmont cafeteria. Fresh strawberries and the sweetest pineapple. Nice crispy bacon.

Now I'm goin to make a copper bracelet, if my elbow holds up. Off to class. Have a good day all.

Comment

• Enjoy the class and please let us see what your bracelet will be.

You just created a very strong feeling of hunger cause you mention the marmalade.

LOL, may be an aftermath of a three day competition weekend.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Well, the bear sighting count stands at three. There is a mother and two cubs. They were up at the construction site, where the dorm that burned down during the Nov. 2016 fire is being rebuilt. The cubs were up in a tree. The mother was rooting around in the back of a pickup. She's been back a couple times, checking out the trash dumpster behind the kitchen. It's bear resistant, but apparently hope springs eternal. Hopefully, she won't be like the one that raided the bakery truck that one year.

I have not joined the mob of loons that run out to take pictures. I like my limbs, all attached and intact.

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                                Well, the bear sighting count stands at three. There is a mother and two cubs.

I have not joined the mob of loons that run out to take pictures. I like my limbs, all attached and intact.
                                Caution is the better part of bravery.

I have heard that bears are fast and can be very dangerous. We have no bears accept may be imported raccon.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.