Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redhorse cafe

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WD, I may need one of those.

    What I thought was going to be a simple checking off a box form about the TSCA status of a chemical we provide to one of our suppliers, is turning into a huge headache. I've been reading the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act amendments to TSCA since 9am trying to figure out if the information I downloaded from the EPA database listing the status of the substance in question is actually legally acceptable proof for the EPA of the status of the substance. My reading of the legalese is that unless I possess a copy of the receipt for its submission to the electronic database, it isn't adequate.

    What a circular firing squad this is. It is actually managing to be as bad as the ever changing REACH SVHC lists from the EU.

    I'll vote for the next politician that promises me he or she will go to DC and do nothing to increase the regulatory burden in this country. They will not write laws, vote on laws or pass any more regulations. They will sit in their #&^% office, collect their salary and play tiddlywinks for their entire term.

    *Rose goes back reading the fine literature that is the Federal Register.* I'm planning to gouge my eyes out soon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
      WD, I may need one of those.


      What a circular firing squad this is. It is actually managing to be as bad as the ever changing REACH SVHC lists from the EU.

      I'll vote for the next politician that promises me he or she will go to DC and do nothing to increase the regulatory burden in this country.

      *Rose goes back reading the fine literature that is the Federal Register.* I'm planning to gouge my eyes out soon.
      profile euro sufferers ? Those who invented and ever change the regulations by increasing the work load.

      I have heard they (EU) are going do demand Safty Data Sheets to be held by everybody for all devices in his possession which contain explosives. If you do not have that Safty Data Sheet, you commit a crime. LOL, every car owner would have to have such a sheet because the air bags are propelled by black powder and that is an explosive in class 1.1

      And a lot of house chemicals, if mixed in the right amount yield explosives. Official information for anybody who wants to build explosive devices for free. The Data Sheets have to inform about content and mixture. LOL.

      PS I am out of town for about 14 days and there may be no access to the I-Net.
      Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

      True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
      Black Elk

      “Tell me, and I will listen.
      Show me, and I will understand.
      Involve me, and I will learn.”
      Lakota Proverb

      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Living one day at a time,
      Enjoying one moment at a time,
      Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
      (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

      Comment


      • LOL Oh it's true ! It's DAMN TRUE! When I was working in the field we carried a 3 ring binder 3" thick with every MSDS for every single product we used including ,of all things a masonry company would use.........sand & water !
        I feel your pain because most of it is total ridiculousness !
        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


        They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

        There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

        Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !


        sigpic


        There's a chance you might not like me ,

        but there's a bigger

        chance I won't care

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post

          And a lot of house chemicals, if mixed in the right amount yield explosives. Official information for anybody who wants to build explosive devices for free. The Data Sheets have to inform about content and mixture. LOL.

          PS I am out of town for about 14 days and there may be no access to the I-Net.
          That would be awesome ! They should have the proper recipes !
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !


          They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

          There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

          Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !


          sigpic


          There's a chance you might not like me ,

          but there's a bigger

          chance I won't care

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wardancer View Post
            LOL Oh it's true ! It's DAMN TRUE! When I was working in the field we carried a 3 ring binder 3" thick with every MSDS for every single product we used including ,of all things a masonry company would use.........sand & water !
            You have to watch out for the dihydrogen monoxide. DHMO is bad stuff. At high enough concentrations it can cause suffocation.

            Water SDS

            I love the recommended fire fighting media for water. Other than the Cuyahoga River, water rarely bursts into flames.


            This is right up there with the SDS for a brand of eyewash solution that recommended wearing safety glasses while using. (Although to be fair, I think it was a typo.)

            Comment


            • Glad to see everyone hanging in there. I am happy to be here. What a weekend. Hubby's bank card got compromised, so Fri. afternoon we rode into the bank and got it replaced. On the way home he suggested stopping by Krystals and getting some burgers to take home. (If you don't know Krystals, they are like White Castle up North. Little burgers that go down in about 3 bites.) On the way home, he noticed my steering wheel was vibrating and said would check the tires when we got back. By the time we got home, those burgers smelled so good, I was starving, so while he was checking the tires, I was chowing down. About 2 hours later, he's explaining that there's a bubble on a front tire, and I feel so bad, I don't care. I wasn't sure if I was having a heart attack or not. I had a bunch of the symptoms and was imagining more. Turned out to be the worse case of food poisoning I've ever had. Happily, it was over in 24 hours. I was well enough to go with hubby to buy a whole new set of tires. Like the budget needed that. LOL!
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

              I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                my balance is off , and my brain's not working !


                so you're the one that was knocking everything over the other day. i thought it was teebs twirling around fast screaming me taz!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                  WD, I may need one of those.

                  What I thought was going to be a simple checking off a box form about the TSCA status of a chemical we provide to one of our suppliers, is turning into a huge headache. I've been reading the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act amendments to TSCA since 9am trying to figure out if the information I downloaded from the EPA database listing the status of the substance in question is actually legally acceptable proof for the EPA of the status of the substance. My reading of the legalese is that unless I possess a copy of the receipt for its submission to the electronic database, it isn't adequate.

                  What a circular firing squad this is. It is actually managing to be as bad as the ever changing REACH SVHC lists from the EU.

                  I'll vote for the next politician that promises me he or she will go to DC and do nothing to increase the regulatory burden in this country. They will not write laws, vote on laws or pass any more regulations. They will sit in their #&^% office, collect their salary and play tiddlywinks for their entire term.

                  *Rose goes back reading the fine literature that is the Federal Register.* I'm planning to gouge my eyes out soon.
                  sounds like somebody somewhere was all like hey how can i deliberately frustrate the readers when i draw this up? evil fudgers lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                    well , I had a particular liking for Smirnoff Silver label and the vodka collins was sweet !
                    For me it was Smirnoff Silver and tonic with 2 slices of lemon. I wouldn't mind having one about now, either. Just made a swing through the new members, banned some spammers and found one newbie who has several hobbies-among them Native Americans. How cool to know we're a hobby.
                    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

                    I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

                    Comment


                    • Drought and heat around 104°F in Germany and Europe since weeks and no rain. Prognosis, weather will stay hot and I can't remember it been like this before.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post


                        so you're the one that was knocking everything over the other day. i thought it was teebs twirling around fast screaming me taz!
                        That was me imitating a fancy dancer until I nearly died because I do not have the stamina for that.
                        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                        sigpic

                        Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

                        Comment


                        • I haven't been around much. Was at a powwow last weekend but went up a few days early to hang out with my cuz and then came back only to come down with a sinus infection or something.

                          Whats up for lunch?
                          CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                          sigpic

                          Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

                          Comment


                          • Salty snack food, please.

                            Someone slap me. One must take the arctangent of the derivative of a f[x] to get the angle at x. If you omit the arctan function call from your code, you will debug for many hours.

                            *Bang head on desk.*

                            Comment


                            • Someone is microwaving something with fish. I can smell it upstairs in my lab; one story and half a building away from the break room. Let me turn on the fume hood.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                                Someone is microwaving something with fish. I can smell it upstairs in my lab; one story and half a building away from the break room. Let me turn on the fume hood.
                                We have someone who likes to cook Ellio's Pizza in the toaster oven, which has a distinct smell to begin with, but they like to cook it until the cheese burns and I'm assuming the crusts vaporizes BUT it stinks to high heaven!
                                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                                sigpic

                                Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                • jingle genie
                                  Dream Job
                                  by jingle genie
                                  If ya could have any job in the whole wide world... what would you do??? And why would you want to do that??
                                  10-23-2003, 06:15 PM
                                • bigskymt
                                  Need Recipes for Powwow Feed
                                  by bigskymt
                                  Hi,
                                  Just wondering if anyone has info on recipes for beef soup and frybread to feed 200-300 people at an outdoor powwow? My step-father passed and we would like to honor him with a feed but have never done this before. I would appreciate suggestions on recipes, ingredients, cooking times, equipment...
                                  08-19-2007, 04:18 AM
                                • GoggenGH
                                  What would you bring with you on a deserted Iceland?
                                  by GoggenGH
                                  If you were forces to live on a small Iceland, big enough to do a powwow dance, alone, what would you bring with you?
                                  There are off course fresh water and enough fruits to survive on your Iceland.
                                  And it's hot enough to not fresh at night.
                                  BUT no electricity, so sorry, you would...
                                  02-24-2011, 08:12 AM
                                • kitchemanitou
                                  Christian Pickup Lines!!
                                  by kitchemanitou
                                  THIS IS JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU LAUGH.

                                  Christian Pick-up Lines

                                  1) Nice bible

                                  2) I would like to pray with you

                                  3) You know Jesus, Me too

                                  4) God told me to come talk to you

                                  5) I know a church where we...
                                  03-19-2005, 06:53 PM
                                • Paul G
                                  PowWows.com Quizes
                                  by Paul G
                                  PowWows.com is excited to open another new feature of the site!

                                  You now can take quizes and compete against each other in trivia contests. The categories will range from sports, music, movies, to history, and Pow Wows.

                                  There is only 1 quiz currenlty, but try your luck...
                                  06-18-2002, 10:31 AM

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X