Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=4221]OLChemist[/MENTION]- would you have any idea what kind of stuff would be needed to do this?? I want to try it so much, I can't hardly stand it. LOL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRWWEqfZSQ
    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Good morning. Could do with some good healthy breakfast after having had a rough day yesterday with no telephone working and windows update knocking out my sound at the pc. The phone, I thought was my mistake but found out there were more people having the same technical problem but the phone company had problems. After 4 hours it worked again. And it took me 6 hours to find the sound problem. There are still other problems but rather not try to fix that as I am no pc tech. Darn W10. So, any suggestions please for a good breakfast being served here?

Comment

• Hot Coffee, Orange juice, bun(s), butter and sour cherries jelly. May be salami with pepper edge.

Ham and eggs if you like although I ma not a fan of English breakfast.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Coffee with cream and salted buttered buns sounds good. Wheat allergies and blood sugar lets not much choice about what to eat I like jam and juices occasionally. Everything containing sugars isn't good for me to eat or drink. I do it anyway sometimes. Can eat vegetables but not for breakfast, eek... So then I'll just have a hot coffee with a yummy cream topping and a vitamine pill I guess. Fruit salads sounds good but not possible, sugar included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
            So then I'll just have a hot coffee with a yummy cream topping and a vitamine pill I guess.

Very well, as you like, here it comes; your coffee with yummy cream and the vitamine pill.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Try some kuku kadoo or kuku sabzi, you might rethink your position on veggies at breakfast. One of my cousins has diabetes, she makes this for weekend breakfasts. She got the recipe from a website called My Jerusalem Kitchen

Kuku kadoo

Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9" x 9" pyrex baking pan.

Sautee in 1 Tbsp of really hot, olive oil 2 medium, white onions, finely diced.

Once they are translucent add:

4 gloves of garlic, crushed;
              1/2 tsp turmeric;
              2 pinches of salt;
              2 large zucchini, grated;

Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture is gone. Transfer to a sieve to drain. Press with spatula to squeeze out remaining water.

In a large bowl, mix:

4 large eggs;
              1/2 tsp baking soda;
              salt and pepper;

Add drained zucchini mixture and transfer to baking dish.

Top with 1/2 cup each fresh mint and dill, finely chopped.

Bake 30-35 min, until the top is golden brown and the eggs are firm.

Comment

• I love peanut butter so I put extra peanut butter on some Nature Valley breakfast bars, that is my usual breakfast. Today I got an iced mocha latte instead of making coffee at work.
                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Just coffee for me ! This weather is crazy ! Cold front , rain , and every joint in my body hurts today. Fingers and wrists won't bend and add that to sleeping wrong has my neck all kinked up , can hardly turn my head. This gettin' old stuff really sucks !
                  I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                  It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

• coffee and a couple ice packs for wd

happy friday yall

Comment

• Good coffee BA and the vitamine pill has a fruit flavor, how exotic .

OLC yep, sounds like an interesting receipe but that I'd love to eat for lunch.

Maybe I should get some peanut butter, sometimes I like it on toast. Hope it hasn't gotten too expensive in my country.

WD wazzup? I am older than you!

And then there was this stupid Windows 10 thing. I regret it ever let being installed. Because it made an update and I had to fix my sound, my graphics and it took me another 6 hours and it's not fixed just set back to the original low low nothing kind of display and sound as the company I bought it from does not support the driver for the graphic card on Windows 10. Means I need a new PC in order to play my graphical 3D games
                      But living on the brink of existence lets me have just enough retirement income for foods and daily needs. Internet my only luxery. No one for practical help, family all dead or rejecting me. So, now, there you know. Sorry.

After all a good weekend for everyone too.

Comment

• Ice coffee and Hot Black coffee!

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                          Try some kuku kadoo or kuku sabzi, you might rethink your position on veggies at breakfast. One of my cousins has diabetes, she makes this for weekend breakfasts. She got the recipe from a website called My Jerusalem Kitchen

Kuku kadoo

Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9" x 9" pyrex baking pan.

Sautee in 1 Tbsp of really hot, olive oil 2 medium, white onions, finely diced.

Once they are translucent add:

4 gloves of garlic, crushed;
                          1/2 tsp turmeric;
                          2 pinches of salt;
                          2 large zucchini, grated;

Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture is gone. Transfer to a sieve to drain. Press with spatula to squeeze out remaining water.

In a large bowl, mix:

4 large eggs;
                          1/2 tsp baking soda;
                          salt and pepper;

Add drained zucchini mixture and transfer to baking dish.

Top with 1/2 cup each fresh mint and dill, finely chopped.

Bake 30-35 min, until the top is golden brown and the eggs are firm.
                          I first read that as "kudzu". Pass the coffee please.
                          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                            I first read that as "kudzu". Pass the coffee please.
                            Oh, now I have the giggles. My first semester in college, I had to take freshman comp. In addition to reviewing basic grammar and mechanics, we had a write a term paper and give a talk on it. One of my classmates was a supper perky, overachiever beauty pageant queen. She was sweet as molasses and southern as a Faulkner novel, biscuits 'n gravy, and kudzu --which was the topic of her paper.

Now speeches in a freshman English class, in a small liberal arts school in the rural south, are generally not delivered by the greatest orators. Come time for this young lady's speech, she hauls out a projector and starts her talk by showing a 15 min film on kudzu. She opened by reciting “Kudzu,” by James Dickey, of Deliverance fame, then proceeded to give a very polished talk, which closed with a recipe for kudzu leaves.

When she was done, the rest of the wooden tongued 18 year olds in the room were stricken mute. The poor guy who followed her stammered and muttered his way through a treatise on roots of the various philosophical threads in his favorite novel Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. He never raised his eyes from the battered floor boards of the 150 year old English building. Less than halfway through, he turned delicate shade of green and ran from the room.

I've never been in a classroom where the mood shifted so rapidly from the mortal terror of the damned to blood-lust. Forget purple kudzu honey, the green monster of jealousy was roaring. By dinner, there were whispered speculations that "Kudzu Queen" had given this speech in tawdry ballroom all over the South in pursuit of her various crowns.

Last spring, I called an old college friend and surviver of that freshman English class to let her know that another friend and fellow alumna had passed. We got to discussing the fates of the bunch of odd-ball, not alumni newsletter worthy folks that had made up our social circle. Not 5 mins into our speculations, she asked me if I knew what happened to the "Kudzu Queen."
                            Last edited by OLChemist; 08-22-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Hello OLC, tried that receipe but didn't have all the ingrediences. Zuccini not chopped a bit of minced meat small onions, egg, milk, corn flour, etc.. It was a sorta delicious pancake. Next time I will use less liquid. In the end it tasted ab like a corn dog pancake.

Always nice to sit in a small café with just 3 or so other customers. The day is too warm again and yikes!... I will drink an ice coffee and have some green salad with tunafish in it.

Comment

• I just overheard a comedian talking about Tunafish ! He ponders: Why do we call it tunafish , and we all do !" Even me , but we don't order chickenbird or hambergercow..... Just something to think about while I have a baconpig sammich ! LMAO
                                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.