This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Well, we're in the final stage with the heater install -- waiting for the city inspector. Once that is done, it will be over.

I've been working - albeit very slowly -- on a silver box. I bent the large sterling overlay panel into a cylinder.

Today I started on the lid and closure. I'm making a tab closure, but the lid section that fits inside the closure can be worn are a brooch.

So, I'll do shadow box cut out to show it off. A little secret for the wearer.
    I cross fingers.
    Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
    Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
    Show me, and I will understand.
    Involve me, and I will learn.”
    Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
    (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• We are having a small cold snap. Going down to the upper 20s tonight, and will barely hit 50 tomorrow. It's supposed to be back in the upper 70s by the weekend. Yay!

I have a torn muscle in my arm. I forget the exact name. Had to have an x-ray and if it shows that the muscle has pulled away from the shoulder socket, I will have to have surgery. If it hasn't pulled away, I just have a long road of PT ahead. The PA started laughing and shaking her head when I was telling her my symptoms ( I've been seeing her for about 8 yrs. so I wasn't offended.) and I asked her what was so funny. She is looking at surgery in a couple of weeks for the same thing. She hurt hers moving. I almost think I would rather have the surgery and get it over with than face months of PT-and still possibly end up having to have surgery.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• I am sorry to hear about what must be painful. I have bad shoulders. One was getting better, and I was putting together a new yard storage box for my gas and chain saws. Missed the soda stool I was using and rolled off the side of the seat landing on the back of the shoulder. Lost about 80% of the improvement in that shoulder from the episode putting in a new bathroom faucet. Now it hurts to sleep on Lt side. Be happy. They call these the golden years.

Comment

• We add some rooms for hospital.

I gonna pray that for you to recover fast and without surgery.

Hey ches, didn't the doctor tell not to pull such stunts?
          Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
          Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
            We add some rooms for hospital.

I gonna pray that for you to recover fast and without surgery.

Hey ches, didn't the doctor tell not to pull such stunts?
            Thought my butt was big enough, I wouldn’t miss it. Got the plastic yard storage box together tight as a tick.

Comment

• Ha, hm. At least you got the box right.

Golden years implies golden age. LOL, it isn't as good as back when I was 20 and than I was in the Army.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Dropping by to say hello so "Hello!"...

My wife and I have been cray busy going through the licensing process to become adoptive parents, which has meant tons of paperwork, background checks, meetings, trainings, and housework. Almost all of our paperwork is done and we have one last training to attend, which isn't until January. We haven't even started the ICWA adoption process yet, which I'm assuming is going to add another mound of paperwork.

OL, that sucks that you had to replace your heater but at least you shouldn't have to worry about it again for a long time. We recently had our oil tank replaced, didn't cost us anything since we rent. I came home late the night they installed it to the strong smell of heating oil. I went into the basement to discover that the installers didn't install one of the caps on the tank. Called the 24 hour emergency number and around 2am a tech arrived, looked at it, and said "Yeah, that's a big no no!", he had some spare caps in his truck and he capped it off. The smell took a few days to go away. Now we have the annual maintenance this Friday and maybe they can figure out why the one 3rd floor radiator barely gets warm, it's getting water and it has been bled.

Thanksgiving week was lame, my wife and I both had colds and I managed to catch a second cold just as the first was going away. I pretty much stayed in bed for a week since both colds were quite nasty.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• I think they are called flapjacks in English, I know them as "Haferflocken Plätzchen"

It's Decemeber and those of Mom are the best.
                  Hope you enjoy them.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Haferflocken Plätzchen = oatmeal cookies

Flapjacks are a slightly sweet, griddle fried cake, generally eaten for breakfast.

Comment

• I think flap jacks are pancakes. My wife goes to Mighty Dollar every Thursday. I really like their semi hard frosted oatmeal cookies. I can with effort break them in two and get the half in my mouth at night when I am doing my nightly short Bible reading.

Comment

• I know flapjacks are pancakes. However, I was uncertain if BA knew what they were. I figured one more weird English expression might not help.

I've never considered hard a positive attribute in an oatmeal cookie. But as my late paternal grandmother used to say "Each to their own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow."

Grandmother was an odd woman.
                        Last edited by OLChemist; 12-02-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Mighty dollar has cheap stuff everything is a dollar. I guess that is why the frosted oatmeal cookies are hard.

Comment

• Billige Lebensmittel Cheap groceries

Comment

• Either Haferflockenplätzchen made by Mom or non at all.

LOL, much of what you can by today isn't in grandmothers handmade quality.

I miss that.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Mighty Dollar mächtiger Dollar, hm that times are gone already for a while.

I remember when 1 $ equaled 4 Mark.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.